American adventure begins for Claude Anelka, the man who ‘over-stretched his limits’ at Raith Rovers

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by chillum, Jan 15, 2010.

1. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: American adventure begins for Claude Anelka, the man who ‘over-stretched his limits’ at Raith Ro

Yeah, I think a lot of people here(that I know anyway) are a bit skeptical about him coaching the team. But I think we're all just happy to a team here locally to support. If the team does well, and the game is exciting, most people won't care where he came from. While it's not the MLS team everyone has hoped for, it's better than nothing at all.

2. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: American adventure begins for Claude Anelka, the man who ‘over-stretched his limits’ at Raith Ro

I agree. And, although I'm starting to sound like a broken record I'll say it again, it's Division II soccer in the US, just give the guy a chance and see what happens.

3. Showstopper

Showstopper New Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm willing to believe in the guy, but has anyone heard exactly what he has planned for team. What formation does he play to use? And also where he is looking to get players from?

4. Jozd

Jozd Member

Oct 18, 2009
    red rock vs blu rock

Is this guy a bit old or should we be glad to get him outta retirement for a D2 squad, just sayin (Francisco Filho is almost 70) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Filho_(football_coach)

5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We couldn't even get him to pay us to let him coach?

Don't like it, but whatevs.

6. scotlndta

scotlndta New Member

Feb 4, 2005

Good Luck!!!!!
    You guys managed to get one of...............

The 10 worst football managers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/04/sportfeatures.footballmanagers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/raith_rovers/3698680.stm

This guy almost ruined one of Scotland's oldest football teams, signed a bunch of crap players from France, gave them long term contracts that the club couldn't cancel and has no experience whatsoever.

7. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, we know! We've all heard it all since he was hired. Blah blah!