Am I only one rooting for Arsenal in CL

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by brooklynredd, Apr 14, 2006.

1. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again we see things eye to eye.

2. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You are right, but that was a mistake from Villareal. When you don't get an away goal, you are one goal from being completly out of it in the 2nd leg. The same thing happened to us against Benfica.

3. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Although Wenger irritates my bowels, I think Henry is a top notch human being and an sublime footballer. Plus, i actually feel a sense of appreciation for them progressing this far in Europe while sitting outside the top four in the league. . . .sounds familiar doesnt it. And like Pool, they're doing it with tough defense and a team that most thought would never progress this far.

Kudos to them. They play positive attractive football, they're doing it with youth all over the pitch, and they can really irritate Chelski and ManU if they win it all like we did.

Up the Arse.

4. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    They are also behind their local rivals for the 4th Champions League spot and are faced with the prospect of their best player leaving for another club. Sound familiar?

5. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    The Juve tie as a whole seemed like deja vu as well, on the pitch. (the whole experience cannot compare to last season's tie though)

6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Arsenal- bah-

its Arsenal........ are you all forgetting which team it is- i dont care if they are English PL...its Arsenal.

Barca all the way

7. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As written above, I'm with the man from Oz all the way on this one.

8. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta pass out some props to Arse for the draw and moving on to the final. It wasn't pretty and I can't believe that the penalty was saved in the 89th.

Good luck in the final :)

9. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I think they're going to make Lehmann mayor of London. :D

10. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Definately going for Barca....would love to see Arse miss out on CL next year!!!

11. Woolton_Frequenter

Woolton_Frequenter New Member

May 2, 2004
    Indianapolis USA
    Wow this is tough:

1) The Arse ruined my two sons' first trip to Anfield, Christmas-time 2001 because of a crap penalty, but...

2) It was Van Bronckhorst who was awarded the penalty, and he's Barca now

How about if I root for Barca, but for Ronaldihno to somehow score by richocheting some ungodly-fast shot of Van Bronckhorst's head, knocking out 5 teeth and through some obscure UEFA rule, GVB doesn't get a medal and gets sold to some lower division side where missing teeth is common (Grimsby?)...

12. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Mayor of Woolwich maybe. Arsenal don't deserve to be in the final, the sub human scum.

13. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not wishing to rain on anybody's parade but, in the light of Arsenal's qualification for this year's finals, this rant rather amused me.

14. decsnspace

decsnspace New Member

Mar 11, 2005
    That's great stuff...

Now that he's in the same place that Liverpool was this time last year I wonder if he'd agree with those comments he made.
    I guess if he goes on and wins the trophy this year, by his own standards he's still a two-bit loser.

That's too classic... what an idiot!

15. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    Precisely the reason I would LOVE to see Barca win the CL and the Spurs finish 4th. Arse-ne is such the hypocrite, and often enough to be amusing.

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You feel threatened, its undestandable but you gotta give Lehmann some credit.

17. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, I'm rooting for Boro to in the Cup too. Two great comebacks in the quarter and semi finals at home.

Holy shit, what a team that loves to live on the edge to the last second.

Gratz to Boro and good luck at PSV

18. Crown Paints

Crown Paints New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Barnsley
    and

Wenger is getting quite good at hypocrisy recently. Especially after his rant at Jol for not seeing 2 Arsenal players on the ground during the build up to a goal.

19. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Threatened? Maybe ten years ago. Lehmann was lucky, Arsenal were asking for it the way they played. Cynical tactics and no self belief.

20. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Keano will carry Spurs to 4th place and the Arse will rot and lose to a Ronaldinho led Barca!!!!!!!

21. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    And where will Henry go if (sorry) "when" that happens.

Too bad we're not buying Frenchmen at the moment.

22. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That was an amazing game. Good luck to Boro in the final.

23. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm late to the party but I had to challenge this. if we are to be credible in objecting to the bigotry of the Spartak London fans about Liverpuddlians then we've also got to say that this stuff doesn't belong on our board.

I am supporting Barca anyway.

24. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    It needed to be said. If only to protect the children.

25. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    On the one hand i tend to support the English teams by default but on the other hand arsenal are, well, arsenal. Hmmm. Barca, also, is great fun to watch, very good team and ronnie of course, i have been rooting for them since we got knocked out.

Safe to say no result can dissapoint me . I'd like to see a 6-5 in extra time. :)

The one other thing that is most interesting is the virtual replay of the Rightfull Champions-everton tussle for 4th last year, between wanker and jol and the teams of course. fascinating in its identical-ness esp in terms of local rivalries. pretty neat.