Alvarez not Ruiz had the assist on ROB's goal

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by drace768, Jul 19, 2005.

1. drace768

drace768 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Not a huge deal, but it was Alvarez who played the give and go with ROB on his goal against the Revolution. The only reason I am posting this, is that all of the official scoring shows Ruiz with the assist and I was wondering if anyone else caught the error?

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the scorers think that Twellman scored the second goal, when it was obvious from the replay that Dempsey did.

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Thank you, I saw the same thing and kept wondering why AA wasn't getting the love.

4. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was it really Alvarez? I'll have to go back and take a look. It was so Ruiz-esque.....

5. drace768

drace768 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Yes it was, but you are right, the way he receives, shields and holds the ball it looks like Ruiz's style. If you look as he turns after the pass to O'Brien that is 12 on the back of his shirt.

6. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    It was AA. I even nominated him for the AAXI partly because of that play, and I was surprised when I saw that it was Ruiz given credit. I went back and checked the highlights, and it was AA.

7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I want my freakin' fantasy points then!!!!

8. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I blame Gbandi for that gcrappy goal!

9. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    I think it was a pretty soft assist anyway, ROB got the ball and beat NE's whole defense and GK...the pass didn't exactly set him up for a tap in goal. Not a goal of the week candidate huh?