Alpay fears backlash!

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by MightyBees, Oct 13, 2003.

1. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    It sounds as though we paid his contract in full, £1.4M. Ouch. He wanted to leave, should have let him rot in the reserves until he begged to have his contract terminated for nothing.

2. Lewin9

Lewin9 Red Card

Oct 23, 2003
    Ellistown, UK
    Alpay leaves Villa

I totally agree with you Rob - ouch if Villa have paid up his contract !! I think it's a bit harsh on them, as they'll receive nothing for a player that plays in a relatively good international team. In fact it's probably cost them alot of money for him to go.

Deano.

Got anything to say about English football ?
    Then come and join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnglishFootball/
    and let us know your thoughts on anything that concerns the English game.

3. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    I guess you guy's haven't been privvy to the judicial system.Becuase if you go to a court of law and say"he taunted me,so i chinned him",you'll be on the wrong side of justice 100% of the time.
    Now,what you are referring to is street justice,where a geezer get's mouthy,and get's a good once over and rightfully so.But, i don't think it would be good business if FIFA adopted this system of justice.

Bottomline is ,if alpay did the ame thing to me,he would have something coming,but not with half the *#*#*#*#*#ing world watching.Becks never really struck me as an intelligent sort,and the reaction he gave will make him a target for the more snidey players.

Now on the other hand,that goalie for aston Villa had every right to kick that fan up the ass,when he ran on to the field.In my eyes he would have been protecting himself from a drunken yob.

4. yankeeSOT

yankeeSOT New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    San Francisco
    This is a great argument, except I don't think anyone at Villa should EVER chant his name after his lack of loyalty shown to the club in the past. He's a droid and I for one am happy to see him leave the League.
    But Alpay and Beck had a run in. Big deal. Becks is a cry baby. He goes public with on field trash talk (i.e. "they threatened my life in Macedonia"), he's like the kid that talks alot of *#*#*#*#*# but runs to the teacher when someone smacks him in the mouth. Be a man and don't talk to the media about what's said on the pitch.
    I'm suprised no one has mentioned that Alpay has been trying to get out of Villa for more than a year now. The whole thing was likley a ploy to get out of England, and it worked.

Elliott, Rest in Peace.

5. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

Alpay didnt get chinned so your post is irrelevant again.
    i dont recall anyone on here saying anything about the law ,justice or any judicial system..
    you're obviously reading a different thread to everyone else.

of course he is a target...LOL
    you've only just figured that out??
    But he hasnt been in any trouble since the 98 world cup though...He aint stupid.

6. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Beckham only ever speaks in post match interviews for the TV ...
    the macedonians themselves admitted they had handed out threats ,so whats your point eh???
    in fact it was other players who spoke of the threats and not beckham..get your facts right.

Becks generally keeps quiet about these things..
    unlike aplay who has released a series of inflammatory press statements about the incident .
    The camera;s dont lie... everyone can see what happened...

7. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    How old are you?
    You have the banter or intelligence level of a pre-schooler!!!!!!

I know Beckham didn't "chin" him,the point is he made contact first.............

Judicial system as in form of justice,what is wrong with you are you .
    I think this post is a bit out of your league mate,if you can't understand that it is quite likely that FIFA would probably adopt the laws of the land ,rather than the laws of the street .In which case if they don't cave in to all the Tabloids saying that Beck's was right,then Beckham would be punished for his actions as well as Alpay.If they don't they just bottled out.I like Beckham he's a fine player and would definately be on my team,but fair is fair,and basically you guy's have to many double standards.

He hasn't been in trouble because he had to tone it down a touch of course.What he did show is that if the worst comes to the worst,the opposing team can use his shortness of temper against him,just like how manu does against Arsenal.

8. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Alpay will come to MLS since no one here will care about the clash between the two countries. Then we can have him terrorise some young Americans.

9. galperin

galperin Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Maineville, OH
    Alpay is a little bitch.

10. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    And you have the intelligence and logic of a mental patient.
    I suggest you re-read this thread because you clearly havent paid any attention to what has been said...
    You cant even figure out how to quote someones post for christs sake..

[​IMG]

The only "contact" was a slight brush of heads after beckham climbed back to his feet.
    This confrontation was inititated by the childish stupid reaction of alpay...
    There was barely any "contact" at all..
    alpay even jabbed beckham in the face as they walked off at half time...this sparked a tunnel fight.

FIFA havent got anything to with this case you complete cretin..This is a UEFA case..
    You cant even tell the difference between the different federations and organisations..
    The camera's show everything that happened and they will decide what action to take.
    No one was debating any possible punishment for alpay until you jumped into the thread with your aimless ramblings.

and??? Has anyone disputed this you utter moron???
    Errr no.