Allianz Frauen Bundesliga 2015/2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Weird match. I watched most of it on DFB's website. Wolfsburg played and Potsdam scored.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG] ... Ughhh, indeed lol. That got ugly.

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lolfsburg start fielding Swiss and other foreigners and suddenly they're crap. Bauern are already champions.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If everybody's fit though, you do realize that Bayern would be regularly fielding more foreign players than WOB each week...? It's clear Wolfsburg aren't as cohesive as the were a few years back, but it's not exactly fair to blame their current issues on correctly attempting to strengthen a squad that was in need of further development.

So yeah, Bayern are consistently winning in the league right mow, but as top teams go, they aren't setting the world on fire with their quality of play either; and this in a clear period of time where both traditional powers Potsdam and Frankfurt are as weak as they've been in decades, as a strong Wolfsburg squad struggle with finding it's best first 11 too.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Got round to watching the whole WOB vs Potsdam match and I have a few points...
    • Huth can't be left out of the national team if she continues to play a lone forward role like that. She was fantastic.
    • Tactically speaking, for both teams this was one of the better games of seen in the league for some time now.
    • Almuth Schult sure likes to talk lol.

While WOB didn't really have a focal point to any of their attacking play, Huth showcased an ability to play the lone forward role, that I honestly never saw possible in her dark days forced to playing at fullback for Frankfurt...:speechless:.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But that is exactly the reason for me. They're fielding Norwegians, French and half of the swiss national team. Even without the injured players the core of the team isnt German anymore and for success I think it has to be.
    That is true. The reason again is Frankfurt not being able to compete financially and they are trying to cope with foreign talent. They should field youngsters and put up academies cause theyre always going to lose out to WO and Bayern. So otherwise we get the known results.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In a perfect world, all the top teams would be filled with domestic talents; but lets be real here, how are any of the top clubs going to assemble a strong team of %100 domestic names, when most of the nations best talents are spread all over the league, and competing within an always expanding global market of modern female football professionalism..? I mean are you saying the likes of a 20yo Hansen isn't a better acquisition of guaranteed quality for WOB, than a domestic player of similar age right now..?

Looking at WOB's squad, and the starting 11 from their last match, I can totally understand your frustration in seeing 7 foreign outfield names compared to a domestic 3; but besides the names of Bernauer in CM, and Maritz at LB, are you telling me Kellermann is absolutely wrong to have the likes of Fischer, Hansen, Bachmann, Bussaglia, and Dickenmann in his team this year..?

Lina Magull could have probably stayed to do a better than Bachmann or Dickenmann in the #10 role, and Wagner the same over Bernauer in the CM role too. But when you think Simic, Popp, Faißt, Wensing, and Keßler for various reasons were all missing from their recent starting line up, it kind of changes the negative complexion of WOB's new UN policy for improving/rejuvenating their team.

A few changes and a little time, WOB's spine could be incredibly domestic again.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Frankfurt have done one of the worst jobs of transitioning young domestic talent and foreign stars into their team in recent years, and right now they only have themselves to blame for their current general regression too.

Seeing some of their team selections this season has been truly baffling given the recognized quality on their bench, with much of their success and failure still firmly on the shoulders of a 36yo Garefrekas, and a disillusioned 23yo Marozsan; so just including Ogimi up front, Sophie Schmidt or Emily van Egmond in CM, would make a huge difference to Frankfurt, but outside of that, where are the exciting young domestic difference makers to establish the spine of a new strong team..?

Signing Panfil and Linden was a decent start to fix this glaring problem to Frankfurt's evolution over the years, but it's not enough, and can't be blamed on financial struggles vs the new money found at WOB or Bayern either. I mean just look at the constant player turnover Potsdam have to deal with every two years...:speechless:

----------------- Schumann ---------------
    RB ----- Kuznik ----- Prießen ------ LB
    ----------------- Schmidt ------------------
    --- Laudehr -------------- Garefrekas ---
    ---------------- Marozsan ------------------
    ------ Islacker -------------- Ogimi -------

Even without recognized fullbacks, with that kind of potential line up this season, it's hard for me to feel sorry for Frankfurt's supposed plight battling for players vs Bayern and Wolfsburg.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's a video featuring just Huth from the WOB game. She obviously plays really well, but keep in mind she needs to do it on a consistent basis and WOB did get their revenge yesterday with their 3-0 thrashing of Potsdam in the Cup quarterfinals

personally I favor the speed of Maria Makansa over our lil technocrat, Huth. But then again, Schroder didn't even use her in the CUP game

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm sure Potsdam had access to even fewer first team regulars for the cup match vs Wolfsburg...:unsure:. Anyway, the fact a new look Potsdam side sat towards the bottom half of the league, could destroy a team like Wolfsburg at any point in time this season, says a lot more about the positive side to Huth's ability to perform so well within a such an uncharacteristically weak club right now.

Yes, long term consistency is always the best signal to judge if any in form player is genuinely elite, but if your playing within a struggling team, and still able to do what Huth did for Potsdam vs Wolfsburg's defense, I'm betting people hoping to judge Huth on her ability to find consistency within this current Potsdam side, aren't going to find the real truth about how good she is, or could be, without consistent access to a serious upgrade in talent something like a national team environment would provide.
    LOL, I'm guessing you've not seen any of the DFB's match highlights for Potsdam this season..? I you had, you'd probably realize rather quickly why Makanza is on the bench for VERY good and clear reasons this season lol; much of those reasons appearing to be awfully/comical inconsistent end product.

Huth seems to play a lone role within front three very well, but the two girls on either side of her right now (18yo Schwalm - 19yo Rauch) are way below the typical quality Potsdam usually find for it's attack. Makanza isn't a lone forward, but doesn't seem to be contributing anymore than Schwalm or Rauch either... so whats Schröder to do..?

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Huth looks great, technically, but a little short on .........speed! Remember under Schroeder'a system, he was able to make 20 goals/in one season scorers out of Ogimi & Anonma. But where are those two now? Ogimi got one goal via pk so far at Frankfurt, Anonma got nada at Portland.
    Huth would look good under Neid's style of the deliberate, short passing & wait for the fb's to come into the attack. And not a bad choice when most of Germany's opponents tend to bunker. But for those few that prefer to play on the open field, unfortunately, Huth, among other Neid favorites like Behringer, Laudehr, Cramer, Schmidt, Peter, Bartusiak, just wouldn't have the speed to able to compete in there/
    I would give up on Neid & her predictable pace to doing anything effectively at her last swan song, the Olympics. She would be down to just an 18 player roster and probably fill it out with her fav vets anyways/ But after that, let's hope that the more world traveler. Stefi Jones, brings a little more variety /or borrows a little something from everyone~~~Meinert's long balls/Worle's defensive posture, to open up more space on counter attacks/neighbor Austria NT in letting their fwds go 1v1 even if space is cramped. And looking forward more to Germany's new generation taking over with the likes of Maro, Leupolz, Bremer, Dabritz, Magull. Don't know about Popp; she seems to be on a recurring injuries theme

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 I haven't checked, but simply going on memory, Anonma and Ogimi surely found themselves playing up front for significantly better Potsdam teams than the current one we see now. So what does either of these players pasts have to do with what we see from Huth now..?

Anyway, yeah she's small and doesn't run like an Olympic sprinter over long distances, but in football (even women's football..:rolleyes:) there's a lot more to being effective besides how quick you move in straight lines; and this for anybody who's taking notice here, proved no more dramatically than in Huth's ability to torment a physically imposing Fischer, by using intelligent movement, deceptively electric short bursts of speed, and a great first touch with darting changes in direction.

As a lone forward, even within a inferior team, Huth performed perfectly for Potsdam's 5-2-3 system of play; a system which Schröder clearly aimed to use loads of quick 1-2 touch passing with plenty positional movement in the attack. So why would any of this be overlooked because Huth's not in a stronger team, or constantly needing to chase down bad long balls all day to create chances...? See Potsdam's first and last goal..?

Islacker gets to play up front with support from the likes of Garefrekas, Marozsan, Laudehr, Ogimi, and Linden, but hasn't come close to putting in one performance like Huth's away to Wolfsburg. Look around the league, and it's hard to think of another forward who's been so effective against a top team like Wolfsburg this season.

I mean, as far as domestic attacking talent goes Magull has probably been the pick of the litter this season (am I missing somebody..?), but within a wildly underperforming Potsdam side this season, I find it odd to see anybody needing to state why Huth's somehow inferior to players no longer at her club, pointing out how slow build up play would supposedly suits her better, even though it's the exact opposite style of play that saw her put in such a standout individual performance vs one of Europe best teams last week...:confused:

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well anybody else watched the Frankfurt vs Bayer Leverkusen game? Here would be my impressions; for a short amount of playing time they had, the Hendrich/Linden duo looked way more impressive than Islacker/Laudehr. Maro can make magic happen with her passing ability, but it's too few & far between
    questions?;

why doesn't Framkfurt use Ogimi anymore She's is(or at least was( considered one of the premier center fwds in the world and did start for Japan in their last game

why does the DFB site keep stream lining so many Bayer Leverkusen games? Their currently sit in 9th place, and it would be nice to see some of the younger more exciting teams like Essen & Freiburg, instead

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    678166572930830336 is not a valid tweet id

gricio61 repped this.
  15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    after watching that game, on another woso forum, I called Lea Schuller "a young Alex Morgan" . Didn't want to write that over here cause I know if would infuriate Batfink, but what the heck! lol
    But why on earth doesn't the dfb website don't feature more of Essen & Freiburg? Those teams have Germany's best young talent
    and by the way......your mot the only one that's complaining about WOB & BM's over hiring of foreign mercenaries. and like in this game. top GER talent like Hendrich & Linden only come in as subs on Frankfurts over stacked team. I take it it's because only the Big 3 BUND teams can pay full time salaries to all it's players? Take for instance, Linda Dallmann of Essen been one of my very fav players(from anywhere in the world) but thanks to dfb's lack of showing Essen games, I've only seen her a few times in the last couple of games. Don't think she's developed as much as I've hoped since two years ago(when she led her team to the German Cup finals). Take it, it's because she's not getting a full time salary? and only way she would get one if she joined the Big 3?(which she turned down all ready)

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here is the full match between Essen vs Frankfurt, definitely one of the best games so far this year. Hopefully Neid takes note; Essen's non NT players like Schuller, Hartmann & Dallmann took down/or just looked way more impressive than her NT starters, Marozsan, Laudehr & Islacker
    http://tv.dfb.de/video/fullmatch-sgs-essen-1-ffc-frankfurt/12922/

the league now takes a almost two month winter break. Here are the standings after 12 games, note; Despite this weekend's losses, Wolfsburg & Frankfurt still retain 2nd & 3rd spots, but look like they'll have hard time catching up to BM. But both teams are still in the Champions League, where as BM has been eliminated

1. Bayern Munich.......................34 points
    2 Wolfsburg................................22
    3. Frankfurt................................22
    4. Essen......................................19
    5. Sand........................................18
    6. Hoffenheim............................18
    7. Freiburg...................................17
    8. Potsdam.................................13
    9. Jena........................................13
    10 Bayer Lev................................9
    11 Bremen....................................7
    12 Koln.........................................6

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Saw this and thought who do people here believe the best in the league so far...

I agree with most of what the YT video highlights, with Anna Gerhardt (at 17 yo..:speechless:) being particularly fantastic for a team destined to be instantly relegated in it's first season in the top division too. But how they (Framba) came to the conclusion of leaving out Lina Magull, Jovana Damnjanovic, or Lena Goeßling...:confused:.

So in this odd (Essen 3 points from Wolfsburg and Frankfurt) but predictable season (league leaders are already 12 points ahead of the second placed team lol), is there anybody else who's being left out here..?

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Small highlights of TSG 1899 Hoffenheim wining the 8th SAP Women's Cup...

Lechus7, gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  19. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What is the problem between Potsdam and Marina Makanza? ...Why they forced her to leave?...I bet White/Blue that french's hater is behind all this....:ROFLMAO::ninja:...Seriously though I'd like to know if you guys have more information on this subject.

P to the Wee repped this.
  20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mon bébé <3

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm reading between the lines here, but from what I've gathered, it seems she wasn't taking training seriously enough for Potsdam's coaching staff...:unsure:

Talk of the footballer violating contractual obligations comes from Potsdam, while the player seems to feel like there was an unhealthy atmosphere between her and the people running things; but none of this should sound surprising for a club with Potsdam's history of player turnover, and this in what's been a quite shockingly poor 1st half of the season for what many view as one Germany's top female club sides too.

blissett and debzy repped this.
  23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Unsurprisingly Bayern lose to another European rival lol...:rolleyes:. Without individual moments from players like Däbritz, I think they would really struggle to score any goals this season. And does anybody else think the top German clubs will continue to go down the road of constantly bringing in foreign imports...?

I know it's harder to identify the best domestic talents now, but I find it odd seeing Bayern, Frankfurt, and WOB, stacked with so many foreign players, when the domestic talent pool has never been better...:unsure:. The teams at the top now don't appear any better than past elite sides previously comprised of 90/95% domestic talent, and when you see what a Freiburg or Essen have done this season, it says a lot of talent is wrongly being overlooked like never before, no?

There's increasing examples of this, but somebody like Lina Magull had to leave WOB to guarantee herself first team football, and she's been fantastic as one of the Bundesliga's most effective AM's this season; so it's going to be interesting to see how this new era of club football development turns out.

gricio61 repped this.
  24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Beyond Marina Makanza.. lets say leaving Potsdam..:cautious:, there seems to have been other news not mentioned here during the winter break....
    • recent U-20 WWC winner Manjou Wilde leaves SC Freiburg and rejoins Werder Bremen.
    • Werder Bremen sign 25-yo New zealand international midfielder Betsy Hassest
    • Japan's 22-yo AM Mana Iwabuchi has signed a two year extension with Bayern Munich
    • leaving Frankfurt, American defender Jenista Clark moves back to SC Freiburg
    • 22-yo German international Kristin Demann has extended her stay at TSG 1899 Hoffenheim for another year
    • Bayer 04 Leverkusen sign 21-yo Icelander Sandra Maria Jessen
    Plus to follow up my questioning of Bayern Munich, and the elite clubs general policy whenever it comes to bringing in foreign imports, I should have also have said that I completely understand and recognise the benefit's of top global talent coming into any league, but simply felt it odd to witness so many of Germany's best domestic talents currently sat outside looking in of the nations most power clubs.

I mean even if their style of play is pretty negative on the eye, it's hard to argue that Bayern's league leading defensive record (4 goals conceded :speechless:) hasn't been significantly aided by having experienced foreign imports; and this in a league where it's clear a strong defense is now more effective than a strong attack over the course of a grinding season.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Potsdam's best player(and voted 'best footballer in Germany' by one sports org.) only made 35K Euros for the year. That's really low pay for an top pro athlete. Can't blame anyone for wanting to leave Potsdam for greener($$) pastures
    you got to look at the pro's & cons, take away the foreign players and a rich club like Munich would just buy off all the best domestic players from the rest of the league. Then the BUND will resemble much like the French League where Lyon beats the bottom feeders by double figure scores. Where Lyon has 8-9 French NT starters, and then all their domestic subs would easily make France's B team.
    And then why not switch over to France's super intelligent way of thinking; if you can't beat them, buy them
    which is what Lyon & PSG did when they got their butts kicked out of CL the last 3 years by German teams. So you got some of their best talent like Mittag, Bremer, Alushi, Henning, Berger sitting h alf the time on the bench and out of harms way the next time the French got to face BUND clubs in the CL
    But then on the pro side at least the players should be making better money when getting picked up by one of those rich clubs
    another ridiculous mistake by Behringer let's Arsenal make their 3rd goal. I hope Neif realized just how slow Behinger has become, but somehow she still manages to make the NT