Allez Les Verts! St. Etienne Action Thread 05-06 [R]

Discussion in 'France' started by quentinc, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Andre v2.0

Andre v2.0 New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Belgium
    2-0 win over Lens. now 12th in the standings.

2. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Halftime against Lyon, we're getting owned 2-0. Baup better tell them to stick it to these guys in the second half; this hair and the ridiculous celebrations are pissing me off.

In other news, Nick Webster has already pronounced Julien Sable's name twice, and was completely wrong both times. You would think that he would listen to the commentators during the game and learn how to say it.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Nick Webster always pronounces French names wrong. How can you have a job like his and be so unprofessional I have no idea.

4. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    That was shit. 4-0. And I also lost all respect for Lyon.

5. Kevin Alexander

May 27, 2004
    America's Dairyland
    I couldn't agree more.

And Juninho's dive ( that earned a PK) was classless/uneccessary as well....

6. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I don't think it was the hair per se; I would be very entertained actually to see other teams do it, it was more the timing, and the combination of everything else.

1) They weren't even receiving their trophy or anything, so the only logical reason that it would have been done is solely because it was St. Etienne.

2) The celebrations were ********ing ridiculous. It's absolutely unbelievable that they had silly string out on the sidelines just for that purpose. The fact that players can be yellow carded for removing a shirt, yet do idiotic and time-wasting things like that is beyond me.

3) The fact that Juninho so clearly dived in a game of such little magnitude, when they already had two goals, is absolutely classless. And it wasn't like he feigned injury or anything, or went into the tackle, he ********ing DOVE. The only thing comparable I can think of is when Vieira did it in last season's Liverpool-Arsenal match, and he got a yellow for it.

But still, we were absolutely awful out there today. No excuse for that.

7. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    Come on.. we had done the same thing last time around (maybe not those strings, but the hair). We never meant to intimidate or offend you guys and the celebration had nothing to do with the derby. The first home game after clinching the title just happened to be this one.

8. Andre v2.0

Andre v2.0 New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Belgium
  9. Andre v2.0

Andre v2.0 New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Belgium
    A new coach has been found, and it is....Czech Ivan Hasek handed a 2 year deal, with Laurent Roussey, Puel's former Right Hand Man at Lille, as Assistant Coach.

Read about it here: http://www.asse.fr/asse-pages/asse-actualites-01.php?idArticle=1100

Hopefully he can right the ship ASSE, as they only won a numbing 5 out of their last 25 matches. How depressing.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    There was an exchange of David Hellebuyck and Christophe Landrin of PSG. Didier Zokora has signed with Tottenham of England.

11. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
  12. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm sorry, but who gives a flying ******** about St. Ettienne right now?

Allez les Bleus!

13. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Me :)

I saw someone with an ASNL flag in the crowd during the match.

14. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    So did I. Who could that be...:rolleyes:

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    ADZE: Bilos, it is official (04/07)
    Announced for one week, the arrival of the player of Boca Juniors Daniel Ruben Bilos (26 years, 33 matches, 5 goals in the Argentinian championship this season) with the ACE Saint-Etienne has been from now on official. It signed the traditional medical examination yesterday before signing a 3 year old contract in favour of the Greens. The athletic medium of ground (1m94, 86 kg) will join its future fellow-members in training course and will be presented officially at the time of a press conference. (By Alexis Pereira)

http://news.maxifoot.com

ADZE: Mazure leaves Châtel (04/07)
    The attacker of the ACE Saint-Etienne Sebastien Mazure, left Châtel where manpower inhabitant of Saint-Etienne is currently in training course. It joined Normandy and Caen to pass a medical examination for a transfer. Second better French striker of L1 in 2004-2005 (13 goals), Mazure registered one of them this season with the Greens (for 20 disputed matches). There is a little less than two weeks we announced to you that Caen was his only priority, the business seems to be on the way to conclude itself. (By Urbain Mandrillon)

Also Helder Postiga probably wont be signed and will go back to Porto. He's still in the World Cup and played in Portugal's last match and I think its a shame that St.Eteinne cant lock him up. I know he under performed for them but he is an international quality player.

16. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Mods, please close this thread as we'll start a new one for the 2006-07.

Let's leave the Elie Baup circus behind and look forward to the Hasek show.