All-Time Chain Draft: TOURNAMENT - 10th Round

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Perú FC, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Diez

Diez Member

Universitario
    Peru
    Oct 26, 2019
    My team:

[​IMG]

- Briegel and Carlos Alberto go ahead and centralize as they have no ends to score.
    - Carlos Alberto on Di stéfano.
    - Briegel on Bozsik.
    - Rijkaard on Socrates.
    - Aldair and Passarella on Kocsis.
    - Janes on his side also supports a lot in the brand.
    - Baggio and Eusébio are mobile attackers who can go backwards to help create offensive plays.

Gregoriak, Perú FC and JJMM1 repped this.
  2. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #27 heroearaucano, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    4-2-4
    Rivelinho - Muller - Meazza -Kubala
    Breitner- Tardelli
    Bremhe-Figueroa-Bérgomi-Djalma
    ( 3-2-2-3)
    Rivelinho-Muller-Kubala
    Breitner-Meazza
    Figueroa-Tardelli
    Bremhe-Bérgomi-Djalma
    [​IMG]

CONSIDERATIONS
    1.- F. Hierro is not a stopper.
    2.- This is 3 defenses vs. 4 forwards.
    3.- B. Conti is not CM. Conti's best location was as winger, even wing.
    4.- Caniggia and Laudrup can play as pointers and not extremes, so this does not affect my defensive line.
    5.- Ronaldo will face Figueroa who anticipates him and Bergomi who awaits him. Tardelli would be in charge of Puskás.

My main strategy is to shoot from long distance because my rival only has a nominal DM player, and little support in this zone.
    [​IMG]

The star of my team will be P. Breitner who will give 100% of his potential

You have to appreciate that Breitner had an excellent shot from long distance.

POSTDATA:
    By the way, I hope that in this match there will be many goals, because it is an open game and the difference will be made by whoever has the best defense.

Gregoriak, Perú FC and PDG1978 repped this.
  3. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    As you kindly repped my post heroearaucano, I have done the same for you!

Yes, an open match for 4th place seems a good finale!

My clarifications are very minimal:
    - We are happy to invite shots from outside the box, because although the opposition has some players who can do it very well, Shilton was very good in his prime at stopping them.
    - Hierro is not really to be a stopper, but a general purpose central defender, with elements of moving wide in this case of course (I remember we talked a little about him by PM actually heroearaucano because you said friends you played drafts with suggested he had to be considered a libero only, but you understood my arguments otherwise I think - I guess I don't need to quote anything from the PM unless others request it though).

4. La-Máquina

La-Máquina BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gregoriak and Perú FC repped this.
  5. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yes, I remember that we actually talked about Fernando Hierro and I also sent you a draft about how we accept a defensive line.

I remember that we said that this is a theoretical game and that precision and relationship in analysis is more important than reality. In true the flexibility is somewhat feasible, but being this theoretical game, the important thing is to use precise concepts or well-founded relationships.

Now Fernando Hierro is a central defender or libero ... but as a stopper I never remember him. Is there a season where Fernando Hierro played in a line of three as a stopper? if it exists, then you win, because here in this game those are the terms.

6. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yes, I understand - this is how you summarised it ultimately:
    I would clarify though that my conclusion can vary a bit from that, in that I think if the reality would be ok then it can be considered so in a draft too (but I know what you mean).

Anyway, he didn't often play in an 3-man central defence, but mostly in the middle of a back 4. I suppose in any case not many players play a lot or at all in a 3-4-3 diamond, but I would envisage that he could occupy the left defender role just like fellow Spaniard Nadal could do for Barcelona (Hierro being actually better in use of the ball, though as I suggested I don't see him advancing up the left very much and I propose a mainly compact/narrow back 3 focused on being there to block efforts on goal and clear up danger centrally).

I would say the video I posted on the selection thread can help anyone understand how I see him as a general purpose central defender (but one who is good on the ball), but Wikipedia's playing style description backs it up a bit too:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Hierro

But I'll copy a couple of the things over from our PM too (in which you did provide interesting info/footage about Rojas for example, which I appreciated):
    (I think there are elements of 'interpretor' in that game, parallels with what you say about Figueroa perhaps in some respects, if I understand it correctly)
    ligaratings9899.jpg

Anyway, I won't stress too much about my line-up for our 4th Place Play-Off - let's have an enjoyable game and see at the end which team comes out with the most goals (although of course an equal amount would secure 4th place for my team too)!

Gregoriak and Perú FC repped this.
  7. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    28774680-27BD-4257-BC27-663B18C91DB0.jpeg

I am playing a 433 with fast incisive players to get in behind his wing backs
    Robben will cut inside while Cafú overlaps. Moore will be my sweeper covering Cafú when required. Cole will get forward but less often as Adams is my stopper next to him

Koeman can drop between the cbs as a 3rd defender when deep and launch counters. He will look for falcao and iniesta who will run the game and mark platini

iniesta will look to work off Ronaldo in his forward role as he interchanges with the other forwards causing havoc and often demanding more than one defender

we will control possession and press my oppositions defenders, especially terry

khan is the consummate professional looking for Moore when kicking or throwing short or the head of Ronaldo for long balls

best will play as my wife forward cutting inside and getting to the byline

Gregoriak repped this.
  9. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    To face @La-Máquina my lineup will be this 4-3-3 formation:

[​IMG]
    In front of Buffon I put 2 central defenders in different functions. Since I'm not sure how is being imagined Messi as #9 and without an specification I suppose he would be more like a mobile forward, so I'll try to enclose him in a perimeter between Scirea, as battitore libero, and Pirri, as libero in front of him for the anticipation and annoying mark. Meanwhile, I'll try to keep locked Ronaldinho with Thuram and Garrincha with Marzolini.

In midfield, it's difficult for me to assume the role of Zico due to Messi. I imagine he would perform a bit more like a classic #10 with occasional offensive projections, so depending on his intention Pirri would be his first stumbling block in front, while Davids and Suárez would go to block his handling (especially Davids to bite, suffocate and recover). Suárez will act as the main playmaker to guarantee possession and take away minutes from the ball to Redondo (especially), while also giving way to Charlton to join to an attacking quartet (alongside Maradona, Rivaldo and Romário).

Maradona and Rivaldo will play again as free-role attack players, becoming wide or centralizing (as is the best option) and seeking permanent association with Romário, moving between the lines.

It's especially a trial by fire for Maradona, who will try to revalidate his courage in a defining match.

Romário will come out sharp, I hope.

Gregoriak and msioux75 repped this.
  10. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #35 heroearaucano, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    I do not understand why you try so hard to contrast my opinion, if there is no break. It is one thing to assume that reality is flexible and another to understand that this is a theoretical game and in all instances I am holding both premises and never denying one over the other.

And with respect to Fernando Hierro, by profile this player neither in reality nor in theory should play as a stopper.

Post Data:
    And by the way,, in the context of the discussion, I accept those rules and I share these schemes with you, so that you are more rigorous, but I see that you have not considered it.:thumbsdown:

They accept this:
    (*on both sides of the central defenders)

fullback- central-central-fullback

fullback-sweeper-libero-fullback *

fullback-stopper-libero-fullback *

fullback- central-libero-fullback

fullback- central-swepper-fullback *

fullback- stopper-swepper-fullback *

wingback- central-central-wingback

wingback-stopper-libero-wingback *

wingback- central-libero-wingback *

wingback- central-swepper-wingback

wingback- stopper-swepper-wingback *

stopper-swepper-stopper

stopper libero-stopper

fullback-stopper libero-stopper-fullback

fullback-stopper sweeper-stopper-fullback

fullback-central- libero-central-fullback

wingback-stopper libero-stopper-wingback

wingback-stopper sweeper-stopper-wingback

wingback-central libero-central-wingback

wingback-central- sweeper-central-wingback

wingback-central-central-central-wingback

They accept this, but only in well-founded cases and precise players:

fullback-central-central-central-fullback

fullback-central-sweeper-central-fullback

central-libero-central

central stopper-central

fullback swepper fullback

wingback-central-sweeper-stopper

stopper-central-sweeper-wingback

They don't accept:

fullback libero libero fullback

wingback libero libero wingback

fullback sweeper sweeper fullback

wingback sweeper sweeper wingback

you understand me, my friend?

And in this case: libero-libero-stopper :confused:

11. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    All the lineups have been exposed.

Voting is open...

12. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yes, mate, you're right, that I understand what you have presented but also right that personally I don't accept it (not that Hierro is defined as incapable of playing alongside a central defender who is not a stopper, like Helguera, or even in theory a libero type like Blanc but as I said before I do see that some will question me on that).

I don't want to fall out about it though for sure, mate. Peace! I think we understood each other on the PM, but I guess when it comes to arguing for our team in this final match it is more difficult to be 100% amicable at the risk of disadvantaging our team haha!

heroearaucano repped this.
  13. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Group A

Diez vs. JJMM1

tLB Odiseo vs. msioux75

thebigman vs. poetgooner

14. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007