All RSL fans need to see...

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by RSL Fortaleza Menina, Oct 22, 2008.

1. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    ...Saturday night's match in Colorado!

If you're unable to Get On The Bus, you're invited to...
    [​IMG]
    Please Note: I make no iron-clad guarantees, but this will be a dedicated, live video stream arranged specifically for RSLFM.com. Logistics are being coordinated with the help of other more technically savvy RSL fans. No additional software will be required.

This is NOT a Sopcast. In the past, we've simply relied on minimally-available broadcasts to pop up on Sopcast just prior to first kick--often with mixed (or disappointing) success. This is not that.

Please join us & keep your fingers crossed...

Long live RSL!

2. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I love you...

Really, this isn't a short term lust thing. We're talking choosing to stay in and watch a chick-flick with you on a Sat night when I know I have no chance on 'getting some' type of love.

Nice to see you back...

3. jp992751

jp992751 Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is great. Hope all works out. Welcome back.

4. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, I don't know about this. I thought that HDNet had rights to broadcast the game. Am I right?

5. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hope it works out, i will definitely be watching from your site if it does.

welcome back menina.

6. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Baby!!!!!!

7. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Nice to see you're still alive! ;)

Unfortunately, I can't say "no" to 64" of HD love at my house! I'm going to have over most of my ticket group and families (we'll have a blast).

It's great to see someone doing something like this for those who don't get HDNet or DirectKick or whatever it's on...

BTW, we have a Supporters' Group:

The RSL Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Membership is free but the tickets aren't!...

8. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    Welcome back FM.

9. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank god you didn't let the ************ little crybabies keep you down. They know who they are.

10. saveyourdrama

saveyourdrama New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Interesting...

You do realize that this is highly illegal and HDNet has paid big dollars for these exclusive games don't you? They will not even let the league broadcast the games on mlsnet. There was quite an uproar about this initially.

11. Black Prince

Black Prince Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    And the puppets come out...

12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps, since it does not put RSL the team or any individual who chooses not to watch the RSLFM feed at any risk (or even those who watch it), we can avoid an argument about the merits of the broadcast here on BigSoccer?

Not that I would ever try and censure a good discussion, as someone who used to post here frequently occasionally alleged. ;) You are of course allowed to contend whatever you want to contend vis-a-vis this issue.

13. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    It's a shame to have a game of this importance available on HDNet only. I hope the league does something about this in the future.

14. oussan

oussan Member

May 28, 2005
    SoJo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome.

15. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And let the drama begin. This should be entertaining...

16. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    Wasn't me. I never thought she should have left in the first place. She left on her own terms.

If she wants to broadcast a game, that's her choice.

17. RedDevil013

RedDevil013 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wasn't pointing fingers... sorry.

18. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    No apology needed. I just wanted all to know (and mods verify if needed) that the "newbie" is not me.

Again, I'm happy the site is back. I, we, never wanted it down (just a content issue) :D

19. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

20. USAHammerFan

USAHammerFan Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Sandy, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cant say no to my 63" of HDNET either...though I may step down in the world and go next door for the 42" since there will be free homemade wings and a crowd of people to cheer with.

21. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, but I'm still wondering if this is legal, etc. If someone more knowlegable than myself about this sort of thing says that there is no problem, then so be it, but didn't the RSLFM site broadcast another game previously just before it shutdown? Wasn't that illegal at the time? If so, isn't this also illegal?

Although this will benefit many of the RSL fans who do not have HDNet, it just does not seem copasetic to me. Maybe I'm not too trusting, but if someone comes up to me and gives me $1000 for no reason, I'm going to start asking questions.

22. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand the sentiment about legality/illegality, but I have to assume that so does RSLFM, and many posting in the thread.

23. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if someone walks up to me and hands me a grand i aint saying shit, im taking that money and running far away.

shes providing this service to people, whether or not its legal or not, under he own will. i applaud her for giving me the opportunity to watch a game i otherwise would not see. if she gets in trouble for it, she realizes what she did and she will have to deal with it.

thanks again RSLFM.

24. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    FYI. The game is now going to be broadcast on Comcast:

HDNet Grants Permission for Utah Cable Provider to Simulcast Feed of Saturday’s Historic Game;

RSL Win or Tie at Colorado Would Earn First-Ever MLS Cup Playoff Berth;

RSL @ Rapids Kicks Off at 7:30 p.m. MT – Comcast of Utah Channel 664

SALT LAKE CITY (Friday, October 24, 2008) – Real Salt Lake President Bill Manning today announced that Comcast of Utah will simulcast tomorrow’s critical “do-or-tie” Real Salt Lake game on digital cable channel 664 at 7:30 p.m. MT. In an unprecedented move, Comcast has been granted permission from Major League Soccer and its national television partner, HDNet, to carry the high-definition feed in the Utah DMA, featuring Glenn Davis and Marcelo Balboa on the call (a down-converted standard-definition feed of the game will also be available in a “letterbox” format –thereby preserving the original 16:9 ratio – for non-HD viewers on the same channel).

“Full credit to HDNet and Major League Soccer for working with Comcast to make this happen,” said Manning, now completing his first 180 days as RSL president. “The collective belief by all involved parties to make this historic game, heavy with postseason implications, available to the widest number of viewers in our community was the impetus in getting this done.”

Saturday’s MLS regular season finale between Real Salt Lake (10-10-9, 39 pts.) and the Colorado Rapids (11-14-4, 37 pts.) will decide the postseason fate of both teams, one of which will lock down the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference. Should RSL win or tie Saturday, Head Coach Jason Kreis’ team would clinch the organization’s first-ever MLS Cup Playoff berth, and would host expansion brethren CD Chivas USA on Saturday, Nov. 1, at 4:00 p.m. MT at its new Rio Tinto Stadium home in Game #1 of the Western Conference semifinals, a home-and-home, aggregate-goal series.

WHAT: Real Salt Lake @ Colorado Rapids
    LIVE from Dick’s Sporting Goods Park – Commerce City, Colo.

WHEN: 7:30 p.m., Saturday, October 25, 2008

WHERE: Comcast Digital Cable – Channel 664 (Utah only)

25. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well thats cool, except i live in oregon. so i will still be watching on FM's website.