All Rocks Draft Rules and Transfers

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by tarvinodos, Jul 30, 2013.

1. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never too early to start a conversation on 20-21 possible rule changes.

Since we have already agreed not to use the free hit transfer option on fpl, I would like to propose we do the same for triple captain and bench boost options. In my opinion they add nothing of value to the game that demonstrates managerial skills in our leagues. Triple captain is a roll of the dice no matter who you select. This year I triple captained Mane and he scored a goal. Good for me? FC Epikoinos captained Salah a week later and came up empty. Doesn't make me a better manager. It was lucky. I think we should consider eliminating that one at least. Bench boost is a bit unfair to players who are keeping one or two high value but injured players (think Kane or Aguero) on their roster. That restricts a team that realistically isn't going to move a top player out just for an improved bench score.

I'm just throwing this against the wall. It would be easy to incorporate into our rules. Any thoughts?

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Think I agree to eliminate all the chips. (will note that is partly biased because I consistently suck at using them)

Not adamant either way, but I would vote to eliminate all 3 chips.

3. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i would like to keep the chips ! i was even going to say that we pick a week number where we could all use the free hit and select any player for that agreed week. Its all a bit of fun after all.

4. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Definitely no free hit as that is a nightmare to keep up with in a draft league - I suck at TC and bench boost but don’t mind leaving them in. It’s two weeks over a 38 week season. Luck plays a huge part anyway so not too bothered by those chips

5. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I tend to like the chips. I am not sure if they were deciding factors or not though.

I think the chips tend to give a sense of both a sense of hope and possibility and also doom. LIke before my Mane triple captain and after the DeBruyne triple captain.

Wild Card is definitely worth keeping. It gives one a chance to reset.

Bench Boots - Could be worth 5-30 points.

Triple Captain - allows for a Hail Mary - imagine if Kopite Triple captained Antonio...also allows for the lid to be sealed.

Free Hit - I hit that damn thing thinking I had a Wild Card. Ugghh! -12 points later..

If there is enough interest we can do a switch.

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Definitely in for keeping wild cards

7. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My idea for the free hit was we pick a week (say gameweek 20 and before the fixtures are out ), that week every player can change their team to include any player from any team (taken or not) not used for transfers like a wildcard ! then the following week obviously your team reverts back to your original team. Just think it will add a bit of fun to that week.

8. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am fine with the wild cards and didn't intend to remove them. Really was just floating a trial balloon here on the others. If there is a strong consensus to keep them that is fine. I'll just continue to forget I have them until they're irrelevant and then use them in the late game weeks.

CRIBMAD repped this.
  9. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    2023-2024 Update - Free Hit Chip is not used in All Rocks.

Each league will lock the player roster prior to their draft. If a players is transferred into the EPL after the draft has started they are not available until Open Transfers starts.

Each league will have a different player roster based on locking the player list before their draft starts.

If you draft a player that is transferred out of EPL, then the player is on your team until the open transfers starts.

After each league finishes their draft a time is given as the Official Draft End Time. Exactly 24 hours afterwards Open Transfers occurs.

To make a transfer: on the forum of the EPL fantasy game for your league you need to post in the thread. Your post will have a date stamp. The date stamp needs to be 24 hours after the official draft end time.

Sometimes it occurs that all 8 managers are at the computer trying to make the transfers. The forum will log them in chronologically. First come first serve.

As an option, each league may want to post transfers on Big Soccer or their Google Site. Small does Google but the official EPL Fantasy is the date stamp. If your league uses the Google site, you have to update the trade there as well.

During the Season:

- Transfers are free prior to the season.

- Wild Cards can be used as they are available on the official EPL Site except the Free Hit Chip.

additional transfers cost the -4 points like they do in the official game.

If you accidentally make a transfer mistake of a player on someone elses team do the following. Notify your league, Immediately transfer them out, any points that player brought in has to be deducted and a -4 penalty needs to be taken. Usually, the -4 penalty can be made by making the additional transfers that cost -4 on the official site.