All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "Rodrygo is better with the ball"

Bigsoccer 2023

Although for context, I do think a lot of Vinicius dribble are him blasting away slower opponents. But I'll take it.

dooda repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yeah I forgot who had said it. I was in disbelief

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Aensensen, saadomar, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hate how impotent Vini becomes when Xavi plays Araujo as rightback. Idk how Carlo plans to counter that, or he will just never learn.

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    If barca puts their best defender on Jr, surely our CF, nevermind our rw should have an easier time getting in the box and scoring.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Aensensen, Deep Pal and saadomar repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would like nothing more than to see this version of Vini. Unfortunately, this is not what we've been getting. We need him to emasculate Araujo.

9. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Hoping Vini has an incredible finish to the season to show the world (again) that he belongs in the top tier list of attackers in the world.

I'm still mad about his omission on Fifpro list (or whatever it's called)...

Saeta Rubia, Ahmadi8 and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You do realize a couple of those highlights were from this season. He can only do so much when he's surrounded by 3 defenders and he still makes the pass only for the shot to be saved.

My point is - as good as Araujo is - he's not the one keeping vini in check, it's the extra men they keep sending at him to help Araujo out. Our offense is just so broken we can't exploit the free space left behind from that extra help.

11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Araujo is suspended for the straight red vs Valencia two games ago.

PigBenis, saadomar and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This 100% I posted an image of our average position against Barca the space between Vini and everyone was so big I felt sorry for him. How can you not give your most threatening player the tools to succeed. I just don't get it..

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If only we had a player who could do that...

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

15. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only bright star in this team now, but he needs to stay calm.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't really remember but I think the last time we relied on a player this young has to be Raul.

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Now imagine bringing in Mbappe, Haaland, etc., to compete directly against him for playing time but also make Vinicius the captain and expect anything other than awkward moments and friction.

19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1637923726862712832 is not a valid tweet id

Aensensen, Deep Pal, Ssr9 and 2 others repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More nonsense, forget the stats, watch the games

22. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What is that you think is nonsense? I think it accurately reflects what goes on on the pitch and Carlo has done nothing to address it.

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah well, you can't expect everyone to be nice with you and to be focused only when people are nice with you.

24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll say it for the thousandth time watch the games, Vin likes to dribble, it's the same with the national team, are all these players playing with him especially at LB rubbish, if you watch Madrid which i know you do, you should have noticed for years now how nearly every single thing goes through our left side, most meaningful attacks come from there, we've all watched 4 or 5 of our payers congregate on that side of the pitch over and over again whilst the right side is pretty much dead, how many complaints are they game after game about not having a real presence in the box, where are they?, mostly out on the left, with Vin, Vin is not isolated,

His best goalscoring and trophy winning season comes from him playing there just as he likes to, he likes getting the ball, holding on to it, taking players on and more often than not looking for Benz, Toni Rodrygo Luka someone who is inside rather than looking outside, and that's with David, Eduardo, Nacho, whoever is playing LB at the time for Brazil where he more often than not looks inside as well heading towards goal, and the hated Ferland, watch closely, all the players get up alongside him at some point, (unless we are going back to a Marcelo like player (they aren't any) who spent most of his time attacking but unfortunately left a highway down his side especially against decent teams which made us all suffer), but Vin will rarely go outside,

On the other side of the coin Carlo seems to also like his LB to come inside when going forward leaving the outside lane for Toni or whoever is at LM, we see it time and time again, some fans called Ferland stupid for it , saying he doesn't know where to be position wise, then they saw David, Camma and Nacho doing the same thing and no one said a word, instead it was "see that's how a LB should play, see the difference", not really, clearly that's the way Carlo wants them to play instead of going outside all the time and also to leave space for Toni to create and dictate from there,

We see it game after game and still we have this talk about Vin being isolated, because of the player he is and how he likes to play i'd say he prefers to be one on one with his man, his first instinct is to dribble, not play the ball out wide and head to the center for a cross or to cross the ball himself for that matter, it's not his game, also, who would anyone out there cross to, Benz is normally out there playing with them.