All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    A-hol@s are Alphas tho.

2. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    never thought of either as “assholes” lol

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Madrid has had tons of players we'd hate if they'be in any other shirt than a Real Madrid one. Pepe being amongst the top 5 of them. :D

ImadEdd repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Less than Barca thou

we had Cristiano for sure, an alpha an d a petty bitch at the same time
    Pepe at first
    Ramos maybe???? Not so much really

Barcelona had at one point
    Pique
    Jordi Alba
    Dani alves
    Búsquets
    Neymar
    Suarez

and even Messi’s fake tough guy bs

That was a despicable team

Lyra, ahnaf, PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos and Carvajal never took no prisoners and have at times injured themselves trying to overwhelm guys with hard fouls.

Let's be honest, we mostly found out that Pique and Ramos have a lot of common (both playing politics with the federation and player union), Ronaldo and Messi being more similar than not behind the scenes ($$$).

In general, i think athletes are considered these high morale beings when they are eventually as flawed and problematic as anybody else.

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Look at our team thou in the past few years

alaba
    Keylor
    Mendy
    Kroos
    Casemiro
    Kroos
    Modric
    Tchouameni
    Camavinga
    Rodrygo

and until very recently Vini (I say recently because people are whining about him lately)

And everyone likes Benzy but I didn’t put him on that list cuz he has had some controversy in the past though I love him

That’s a lot of classy

Excape Goat, Deep Pal and Aensensen repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If I'd be a Barca fan I'd hate us too. Haha.

I don't really care tbh. I can understand why other fans hate Rudy(RM basketball) with a passion, I just don't care.

8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I’m saying

we have a surprisingly very likable team. Lots of class there

Deep Pal, Aensensen and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I'm with you. Anyone that hates Madrid is a sick soul. I pray for them.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  11. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Raillo is the same person who injured Rodrygo last season. He injured Rodrygo and tried to injure Vinicius back then. Rodrygo had to be taken off. Mallorca also tried to injure Vini and Rodrygo a few weeks ago.
    228D39B6-162B-4283-97F3-CCB504F421B6.jpeg

sneakking, ahnaf, Saeta Rubia and 4 others repped this.
  12. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Messi is more of a fake nice guy.

Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  13. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Messi is a cvnt and everyone knows it.

Aensensen repped this.
  14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Guys like busquets, alves, pique, alba and valdes didn't just insist on getting the call, they wanted to get every call.

15. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Nah. Most football fans have been bamboozled by his fake humility.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most jocks are arseholes, and we are talking about the elite jocks over here. So I expect all professional athletes to be arseholes. So usually I do not care about negative news about them. However, I dislike Busquets for his racist remarks a few years ago. I hated Henry before he joined Barcelona FC. He made a few of his remarks ironically against Barcelona. I really forgot.... he was whinning about an offside call or a red card against Barcelona.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    People in general are assholes so people with elite ability/talent/skill paid a lot because they have this specific ability/talent/skill have a higher probability for asshole.

Not just athletes. In every world wether we're discussing politics, business, technology, medical, etc...

zizou555 and Aensensen repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think with football and team sports with most of the guys becoming really rich and isolated from a very young age, they are not really assholes but more likely just detached from reality and living in their own world.

I watched this Ben Simmons interview/podcast of him talking about his struggles and I had to laugh at how weird it just sounded coming from a guy that just gets paid millions to hoop.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Not weird actually.

People tend to think just because you have a lot of money or make a lot of money you don't have problems, issues or can't have mental battles.

I can tell you from experience it is quite the opposite

Aensensen repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem is that "mental health issues" are being grossly generalized. Does a player have performance anxiety issues or is does he have the borderline syndrome, or is schizophrenic?

We're just throwing out "mental problems" out there and everything is treated the same.

A player being afraid of getting boohed for a shot is NOT the same as somebody thinking he will die in an accident if he leaves his house or thinks he's a sentient being.

Two to three years ago I quit coaching and focused on getting a sports psychologist degree and many issues are "I was injured, I'm afraid that the same movement will end my career" or "I failed to live up to expectations, what now?"

Many guys just get gassed to the point where they think they are superheroes and the moment things go out of script the mind unravels.

hector_br repped this.
  22. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #4372 Aensensen, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    Simple fact = a lot of people are not rich, so a lot of people can't understand you and be your friend (offer you their advice and wisdom etc). Once you become rich, 1st you don't know who is your real friend, there is no self help books for rich people, pretty much nobody can give you any advice cause barely anyone is rich etc. I'd say mental issues and struggling to cope with basic human needs like the need for community, friendship etc are pretty much guaranteed once you become rich. It's not even a question of "IF".

Yes mental illness is a wide brush nowadays, I completely agree, but money is such an overwhelming power in this world - I don't think anyone is equipped to handle it in the beginning.

Also, having the ability to reinvent yourself (I'm sure you can testify from your coaching experience) is so much about the psychological tools (toughness, perseverance etc) which you're almost never just born with. Almost. Some lucky bastards just have that intuition, but most kids have to learn it - and for boys especially it's an initiation-like relationship with their male role model. Hopefully their father can instill that in them, but if not the kid is already jumping over tall hurdles early on in life.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is going to be extremely tough, but some people are not made for fame and fortune. Jese self sabotaged his own career. If he'd highlight mental health struggles, of course, but are they the cause or the result of bad decisions?

24. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can see the reasoning for this. And it's not the coach's job to make someone into a person they're not. I'm talking about the father figure early on in the child's development. Genetics will always play a role in behavioral characteristics/preferences, but they're definitely not end all be all. Otherwise life is a futile and an inescapable mental prison.

Coaches can only work with what they've got ahead of them.

25. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    This is true sadly. Its the same logic as just because youre an elite athlete, means you are a great role model, which of course is BS.

Its also probably most people at least think they could do much better with that success and money and hate seeing the athlete whine about 1st world top 5% problems.