All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    This is the man to bring Brazil back to the glory days of old.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not really Vini has been stuck playing out on the LW. He's come in a few times to participate in the play as he's getting completely ignored out on that wing. Tite has got to be the worst coach I've ever witnessed. You have an absolute gem of a LW and all you do is ask your team to pass it to Neymar who doesn't do anything to warrant having that free role.

3. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with all of what you said. All I was saying is that Vinicius has been good all over the attack whenever he has touched the ball, why don't we use that in Madrid.

4. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Guess it's because Benz is just too good at occupying all that space. We don't even need Vini doing that for now.

xmaje repped this.
  5. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, agreed.

Just to add. It's also tricky to have forwards roam the whole time. Benzema is a special case; he's one of the few forwards that can do it at an elite level and it works because he's (i) the only one doing it in our forward line and (ii) basically our most advanced playmaker (essential for our flow). We need to utilize Vini as well as possible and that is by maximizing his strengths, such as his immense 1 on 1 ability (which takes a big hit on the RW, where he's rather predictable, we've already seen it), his ridiculous pace, his fantastic defensive contribution, etc. I would just keep it as is for now, Vini is one of the best players in the world because of his talent and us knowing how to use him.

Finally, I'm typically not a big fan of too many roaming players, it never really worked out for us.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This, Benzema is perfect in that role. Vini found himself in very good positions today to be let through 1v1 but realised Neymar isn't Benzema and had to temper my expectations. What Benzema does now Vini could replace in a few seasons after learning under the expert. Right now he just needs to get a foothold in being a great wingman for Benzema. Once he has a couple of seasons of 20+20 under his belt he could maybe make a few requests like for example being the focal point of this Brazil NT and being given a free role at RM

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine the "eff you" it would be to the turtle if Real Madrid helps Vini Jr win a BdO before him.

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is really some kind of weird thing where we should continue to occupy our mind with this guy, but to be honest i don't care what happens to and with Mbappe for the next three years. I don't see why he should be living in our headspace.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, RMSocrates and 5 others repped this.
  9. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I’ve been a little disappointed that there’s been so much talk about this guy even after we won the freaking double.

Dude doesn’t exist far as I’m concerned.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Digital and 6 others repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't care even after that. He ********ed us over. ******** him

Serengeti_Boy and saadomar repped this.
  11. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don’t think about Mbappe except when his name is brought up, but I certainly don’t wish him any success. At least not while he is in PSG. And it doesn’t matter when be leaves PSG. I don’t wanna see him in Madrid shirt ever. I think the majority of Madrid fans think the same.

Deep Pal, Aensensen, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deep Pal, Aensensen, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By a long long way apparently

Deep Pal, Aensensen and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    #4116 Fuera del Juego, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    To add more to the last post. I was just looking at statistics for La Liga last season on FB Reference. Vinicius led the league in carries into the penalty area.

Vinicius: 101
    Second place player: 58

That's the same gap between the player ranked second (Alvaro Garcia) and the player ranked 46th with 15 carries into the box (which Mendy is tied for).

He also had more successful dribbles than anyone 101 to 73, the difference between him and Carrasco in 2nd being the same as the difference between 2nd and 13th.

And most importantly: he led la Liga in nutmegs (14:13 over Iker Munian)..

I think having someone who can actually take on people has been so important for us. Since Ronaldo (and Bale) slowed down, we didn't really have that aspect of vertical, box attacking dribbling and it opened things up for us a lot this year.

17. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    #4117 Fuera del Juego, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Continuing my Vini-statstravaganza:

He had the most pressures of anyone on our team and the second most of any forward in la Liga. Only Getafe's Enes Unal had more. He was 23rd in the league and he and Unal were the only forwards who were in the top 25 (though there were three MF/FW like Gavi who made it, but I don't really consider Gavi a forward). Vini had 551 pressures. The closest Madrid player was Casemiro with 445.

He was also the forward with by far the most pressures in the defensive 1/3 (139 to 117) and he was in the top 10 in the attacking 1/3. That's a lot of commitment to get back and then up.

He was 2nd in tackles won by a forward (1 behind Alvaro Garcia) and was forth in tackles+interceptions for the position.

Vini's complete willingness to do the less glorious work as well as providing that creative spark goes a long way in explaining why we didn't end up like some other clubs with talented - but more self-centered - front lines.

Deep Pal, natenate101, arcane and 12 others repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    If we can have a consistent scoring and attacking threat from the right side next season to take some of the defensive overload we see against Vinicius off of him he can be deadly again. Or he’ll just take another step in his development and learn to deal with this attention and overload better.

He is super young so as he matures I hope he calms his mind a little bit more. He gets too worked up sometimes and let’s defenders get into his head. This energy might be what drives him as well, I don’t know but if he can calm his mind a little more and attain that sniper’s mentality he can be legitimately unstoppable. I want him to develop his game further and be ready for when Benzema won’t be there anymore.

Deep Pal, xmaje, arcane and 1 other person repped this.
  19. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vini has been a monster this year.

If we think back to before he was given chances to play regularly, I can remember a time where we lacked almost all penetration into the final third... It was just our midfield holding the ball. Was super frustrating and Vini almost single handedly changed that for us.

I think we need to manage this kid very carefully. Have some proper contract negotiations to ensure he feels valued. Was good that he finally started burying chances this year - cause I gave up on him at the end of last year after defending him since he joined us.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    RMSocrates, xmaje, Deep Pal and 10 others repped this.
  21. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010