All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Plan on depending on Hazard after what we've seen the past two seasons? You must be joking.

ahnaf, yoanaidarov, Doni and 4 others repped this.
  2. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Getting minutes has never been an issue for this guy.

Lyra repped this.
  3. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    true, but I feel maybe playing in a smaller club with less pressure allows him to develop further.
    Do you think he has developed much in Madrid let's say compared to last year? I don't personally. I want him to do well.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I think he has developed well in terms of seeing tough moments and fighting, perseverance, etc.

People are just prisoners of the moment. The lid tears up Liverpool and he is exalted. Has a tough game at the weekend and his mother is insulted.

Foolishness

This pressure grinder is going to make these Brazilian kids diamonds. Just look at Ramos as an example.

madridista_hr, Doni, PigBenis and 2 others repped this.
  5. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    for the sake of Madrid, I hope you are right and I am wrong. Cheers to his success!

6. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I think the pressure is unreasonable to a certain extent, but the bigger issue is he’s stagnated (somewhat regressed) given all of the minutes he’s logged the past two seasons.

he’s still a liability in the attacking 3rd and can’t finish. I’m hoping that Carlo can help but I’m afraid he’s just another average player that would do well at a mid table team. We need real world class players to compete and I’m not sure he’s going to develop into that.
    Still would give him minutes over Asensio all day every day tho.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He hasn't stagnated.

Most of you never watched him play a full match in Serie A yet you're speaking of stagnation.

The kid tore Liverpool to shreds in CL knockout round and I keep hear nonsense like "stagnation".

No, the kid is inconsistent because he is a kid. It's odd that this concept has to be repeatedly explained to adults older than him.

Doni, Zidane05 and PigBenis repped this.
  8. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I watch nearly every Real Madrid match and he’s still making the wrong pass consistently in the attacking third and into transition, has his head down when he should be looking up and still manages to miss badly at shots he should score on and takes shots when he really shouldn’t. The thing that worries me is he’s not taking players on in the same way. Either they found him out defensively or he’s been forced to be timid.

Two goals against Liverpool defense that looked like a Sunday league side does make up for his lack of vision.

I’m hoping he comes good, but I’m not optimistic

9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True. People can't even use this as an excuse for his atrocious finishing. He isn't going to get half the number of those minutes if he's loaned, unless we loan him to a low/mid-table team.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You don't have to be. Same people made the mistake with Salah and many others.

Prisoners of the moment. Then when he comes good the tone will change to how it was always going to be so because everyone could see it.

The fact you expect someone 20 to be so consistent and refined says more than I need to and points to this being a waste of my time.

11. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Well he’s 21, and he’s been playing here for 3 seasons, and been given plenty of minutes in the last two seasons.

salah or other late bloomers couldn’t get playing time due to the players ahead of them.

Are we supposed to continue playing him expecting better results with little evidence that he’s actually gotten better?

not a necessarily a fair comparison, but CR has struggled with the same challenges his first two seasons at Man U, (both arrived at 18 and had legendary managers and players around him) and by the end of the 3rd season CR was putting it all together and looking like dominant player and did well in the 2006 World Cup.

For the hype and cost of 50 mil for Vinny, he’s been underwhelming.

I hope your right, but he’s gotta come good and earn those minutes this season with better play all around.

Lyra and Raul_Madrid repped this.
  12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He consistently unsettles defenses which almost no other winger in our squad can do. Until we get better players in that can do that AND score consistently, Vini should keep playing. His age does matter, and the weird playing time and rotations he got under Zidane factor in as well. I’m still pretty happy with him, and I think he is going to have a really good season. Plus the guys attitude for such a young person is exemplary. Same with Rodrygo. And Militao. And Fede. We have some quality young people with us. Let’s hope Carlo can help them move forward with regards to their game.

madridista_hr, Shay Z, ahnaf and 11 others repped this.
  13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vinnie plays because he is our best left winger

if anything, he should play more based on the current roster

yoanaidarov repped this.
  14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How the standards have fallen!

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks to Hazard who's scared to take on defenders when he plays 10 games per season.

Shay Z, Saint Iker, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And yet he's got a better efficiency indicator in G/A per 90 as opposed to the Brazilian prodigy getting 10x as many minutes to play. Sigh.

17. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is a bit of cyclical debate, comparing Hazard and Vini. Hazard has been so bad for us that even Faubert would do OK being compared to him.

I'm not convinced that either of them should be our starting left winger, but Vini definitely has age on his side and I admire his desire and workrate. I'm hoping that this season he can build on that passion and really accelerate his career.

If he was slotting them in last year, no one would have a leg to stand on to argue against his value to the team, because he's got the right characteristics to succeed here.

Shay Z, PigBenis, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But he dribbles towards Courtois very effectively.

Shay Z, ahnaf, Saint Iker and 7 others repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Hazard shouldn't be in the club. Vinicius should be an impact sub and start matches here and there.

The issue is if Vinicius is played this way, the same people insulting him would be insulting the manager saying he is misusing the talent.

Shay Z, ahnaf, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  20. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really like this positivity.

Vini and Rodrygo are both absolute gems, the whole of Europe were all over them for their signatures.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also, Vinicius should be in a position to learn from veterans. The guy who would be arguably showing him the ropes is in absolute shambles. Benzema lashed out at him, but arguably, he's the only attacking player he can somehow look at for direct inspiration.

22. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    If you believe Vinicius should be loaned out, you should find a different sport to follow, honestly. Sorry, not sorry. He is literally our best winger. Crippled Hazard and eternal promise Asensio don’t deserve to play a single minute over him.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best winger :coffee:

20210720_190441__01.jpg

24. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    PigBenis, yoanaidarov, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We'll compare once hazard plays the minutes VJ got under Zidane. Till then the Belgian is more efficient.