All Hail Nick Garcia

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by AndyMead, Jul 29, 2002.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    When did it happen? I missed it. Looking at Saturday's box score, I noticed that Nick Garcia got a secondary assist. His season totals show 2 Assists. The first one would have been his FIRST EVER MLS POINT.

Roberto Carlos he's not. Heck Tony gets more points their good old Nick.

Congrats to Nick!

I wonder what the record for most minutes into an MLS career without a point is...

2. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The all-time team stats on mlsnet.com is a year old... I'll rummage through the media guide tonight and see what I can find.

I think Nicky may have a non-GK record.

4. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    I thought I'd look it up:

Nick had 5731 minutes before his first point. He currently has the field player MLS record. I say currently because Rusty Pierce is at 5479 and is still going for NE. Both fall well short of current active leader GK David Kramer who has 8430 minutes and 352 playoff minutes without a single point. GK Tom Presthus is the reg. sea. minutes leader with 8675. He did have one in the playoffs for DC in '99.

Mark Dougherty has the overall lead with 10780 minutes 900 playoff minutes and 45 all-star minutes withhout a point. Call ELIAS to see which one officially counts.

The record for futility in the playoffs goes to our own Peter Vermes who had 1844 scoreless minutes before notching an assist last year. You might remember his GW SO goal against DC in '96. That's still one of my favorite MLS moments becauses of the controversy (and DC losing). In second for field players is Richard Farrer with 1103. Hartman racked up 2067 before his assist in the 2001 MLS Cup for the GK lead.

The All-Star game hex goes to Marco Etcheverry with 235 scoreless minutes, OUCH! Eddie Pope is #2 with 212.

How's that for a complete answer?

5. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He needs more caps!

6. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This new offensive side to his game can only help!

7. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I heard that. You might not have seen it on tv but in the first half he made a run forward. Unfortunitly Igor never got the ball into the middle were Nick was streaking through wide open.

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Actually he made a great run upfield at RFK this season, Brandon Prideaux had to chop him down to keep him from taking the ball into the box unmarked and alone.