All Eras - Group 3

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by msioux75, May 31, 2020.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't see Argentina Soccer Fan's formation.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    AA2674D6-9CC2-4F6F-AA04-C8735CBA5233.jpeg

Excape Goat repped this.
  3. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    I sent my votes of the Round 2.

4. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Round 2 - Results

argentine 1-4-6 Capitano ---> Capitano wins
    Odiseo 4-5-2 heroearaucano ---> Draw

[​IMG]

Perú FC repped this.
  5. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    #30 msioux75, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Round 3 - match 5

heroearaucano vs. OT_CAPITANO

heroearaucano

[​IMG]

OT_CAPITANO
    [​IMG]

6. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Round 3 - match 6

tLB Odiseo vs. argentine soccer fan

tLB Odiseo

[​IMG]
    argentine soccer fan
    [​IMG]

7. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #32 heroearaucano, Jun 21, 2020
    For to the presentation this it does not change much, is only a small AESTHETIC change without strategic modifications, with the intention of visually highlighting the role of Figueroa in this macht:
    [​IMG]
    DON ELÍAS FIGUEROA STAR AND CAPTAIN OF MY TEAM.
    [​IMG]

This is my favorite video about a footballer, on all of youtube.
    Toninho Cerezo plays as an offensive midfielder (he was box to box) because he had the quality and was very complete. He drove the ball with elegance, defended, distributed, built and stepped on the rival area.

I go with everything, because my only option is to win.

Good luck, friend Otmar, may the best man win and if I lose, I leave with my head held high. :thumbsup:

8. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #33 heroearaucano, Jun 21, 2020
    In Attack my intention is to put 4 forwards against 3 defenses of OT_Capitano.
    In defense Breitner and Andrade will not be DMs, they will be half back marking the rival winger.

Evolution from system 2-3-5 to 4-3-3

1st act 2-3-5
    [​IMG]
    Second act Willy Martinez 3-2-2-3 WM
    [​IMG]
    4-2-4 in the 60s
    [​IMG]

Current 4-3-3
    [​IMG]

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quick impressions. His lineup is a bit different from what I expected (I thought he'd unleash Robben and Netzer on me, with Ronaldinho shifted to the left, where he prefers to play.) With his new lineup, I think (speaking in general terms, because my marking is zonal), Busquets will now be primarily handling Ronaldinho, unless he shifts left, while Lahm and Xavi can deal primarily with Junior, who in this formation will be much freer to attack, and Marzolini will be working to thwart the incursions to the right of Zanetti and Ocwirk, as well as working with Passarella and Costacurta to keep the ball from Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic. Iniesta will also help pressure Zanetti and Ocwirk up high. I think having both Terry and Ferrara in central defense makes for a slower defense, I will be able to use the quick passing of Iniesta and Xavi and the quickness of Sivori to create and hopefully finish chances, along with Nordahl of course, while Zanetti will have his hands full with Rensenbrink on my left wing, which should inhibit Zanetti's contributions to the attack, making Marzolini's job a bit easier on that side.

10. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    In attack my intention is to put 4 forwards against 3 defenses of OT_Capitano.
    [​IMG]
    In defense Breitner and Andrade will not be DMs, they will be half back marking the rival winger. Schnellinger-Puyol vs Piola-Meazza and Figueroa playing as libero and support in all defensive zones.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #36 heroearaucano, Jun 21, 2020
    With this edited image, I explain that my half backs are not statues.
    Nor should we forget about the tilt (tilting? basculación) between left and right.
    [​IMG]
    Breitner and Andrade will not be DMs, they will be half back marking the rival winger. Schnellinger-Puyol vs Piola-Meazza and Figueroa playing as libero and support in all defensive zones.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. heroearaucano

heroearaucano Member

Wanderers de Valparaíso
    Chile
    Jul 23, 2011
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Half backs vs Wingers
    [​IMG]vs [​IMG]
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]

13. OT_CAPITANO

OT_CAPITANO Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 16, 2020
    My comments about my rival's peculiar line-up

It was a smart idea to put Beckenbauer and Hanappi as DM's their profile shows that they can play as CB at highest of levels so when the defence needs help they could join that back-line without feeling out of place giving me numbers and superiority in the box without having to worry about midfielders showing up (plus Matthaus could cover if Cerezo or any other midfielder joins the attack)

like i said my defense setup will have 4 defenders instead of 3 mentioned by my rival, and with the lack of midfielders my rival has....Hanappi could also join into that defense to create a solid impenetrable defense while also having a strong midfield in Matthaus-Rivelino-Savicevic and Meazza dropping back

[​IMG]

Its gonna be a weird game by the looks of my rivals formation my plan is to keep a cool head and have patience, when we have the ball we will move it with patience, confidence and speed in that midfield area where my rival lacks the numbers. When he is attacking with alot of players the plan is simple recover the ball and quick counters...MATTHAUS will be key in this match....Savicevic and Rivelino will have Breitner and Andrade covering them they will use this to their advantage to isolate themselves 1 v 1 on the wings with Breitner and Andrade and leave the middle open for Hanappi to drag Cerezo to open up space for Matthaus to do what he does best:

just look at the first minutes of the video and you can see Matthaus with space is DEADLY

One other issue my rival has is that he doesnt have a strong midfield in this match so he doesnt have a lot of players to get the ball to the attackers leaving his team to try long balls...and even tho his attackers are good with the ball at their feet their not the best in the air leaving them at the mercy of tall players like Rijkaard y co. players like Cubillas-Pedernara-Kubala etc could try dropping into tthat midfield but i dont see him winning that battle either.

So to RECAP:

[​IMG]

As my rival doesnt have a lot of midfielders...Hanappi could drop into that defense if necessary the plan is to make him a connector between defense and midfield. mostly helping to control Romario (who is the biggest threat)

De Vecchi and Bergomi will isolate Pedernara and Kubala on the wings and they have the tools to stop them, because even tho Kubala and Pedernara could play on the wings it isnt their natural position.

Rivelino and Savicevic will isolate themselves vs Andrade and Breitner and they both have the tools to give them major headaches

But the main plan is that "M" area is where Matthaus will run behind Cerezo's back and Meazza will drop to connect with Matthaus in that "Meazza-Matthaus" zone and there isnt anything Andrade or Breitner can do about it cause they will be isolated on the wings. leaving their defense at mercy of Matthaus-Meazza-Piola. Cerezo could drop back and try to help but that would break his team in half

msioux75 repped this.
  14. OT_CAPITANO

OT_CAPITANO Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 16, 2020
    I have a feeling Matthaus will score a goal just like this....

And i found the video after writing about the "M" zone and look how that goals come to live by a big space in the same zone y described and with the same open space in midfield my rival will create

and if youre wondering how Matthaus did in that match here is the video:

15. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    I sent my votes.

16. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Round 3 - Results
    Reports:

Match 5: (votes 2-4-6)
    The only group in which everyones have a hope to advance. Hero put a very offensive lineup, meanwhile OT tried to play cohesive, ocuppying the midfield zone. Romario-Cubillas duo carried their team, making nervous to Bergomi, but OT's teams can control the situation with a great team displays, especially with his strong spine in Beckenbauer-Matthaus and his front duo creating many chances. In the last minute, Cubillas hit the post with a Free-Kick.

Match 6: (votes 8-3-1)
    Both teams offered a very tight game, with forwards from both sides being very dangerous. The Ro-Ro duo makes the difference this time, even though Terry got problems facing Nordhal, he got a penalty, but Rensenbrink waste the chance. Anyways a clear win for Odiseo's team. At the end, a closer group than the final results shows.

[​IMG]

Qualifies to KO stage:
    1st - @tLB Odiseo
    2nd - @OT_CAPITANO

JJMM1 and Perú FC repped this.