[ALL] Appreciation/Gratitude/Challenge for Preparations

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by Dave Brother, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Allow me this opportunity please...

To all the leaders of the supporter's clubs....Thank you for allowing us the honor and privilege for the unique opportunity to be involved in the most intense and greatest clubs of MLS!

Thank you to those who have loaned/shared their artistic flair to help us to see/hear the beauty through their talents.

We had a really great time making the banners that were made at our house on Friday night. They went over very well. We have received many compliments on those banners, and those compliments were greatly appreciated!

If I wore a hat, it would definitely be off to Srdan....He is the MASTER!

Owen and his crew's banners were fantastic as well!

To the folks that were here on Friday...You guys ROCK!

Pre-Challenge

I work 9 hours a day, David works 8 plus and weekends as well and we both spent many of our "after hours" working on and being involved with as many DCU related activities that were offered. With the result of the Rev. vs. Crew match, this week will be no different.

The point here is this....

There was tons of space on the upper deck railing that could have been plastered with banners. So, if you have one hour and $10.00 this week that you can spare, PLEASE, purchase the material and make a banner or two to hang/hold up for/during Saturday's match. I guarantee there is no better gratification than having people congratulating you on your effort! And who, as DCU supporters, doesn't want to be a participant in the history of our beloved team??

[Challenge]

Bring a banner OR bring a friend....AND bring it loud and proud for next weeks match!

To those who did any/all for the last match...Fantastic Job!!!

Last, but definitely not least.....Thank you to those who have offered/allowed themselves to stay sober and get our loved one's home safely.

Vicky

2. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Too many nice thoughts to drown in a sea of tailgate threads... :D

3. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Agreed. Good post.

I would like to add a challenge: let's be louder, prouder, and even more coordinated than last week. It was a great effort...fantastic, in fact. However, with even more people (especially if the Barra ticket cluster fvck gets straightened out ;) ) then we will see a pretty large section of supporters. On the SE side, things were going pretty well with coordination due to some really great folks in 133 leading the way. We know that the 134/135 coordination is working out great. However, if all you Barra men and women could do your best to keep the 136 section involved and in tune with the main aisle/drummers...then we're in store for one of the great atmospheres in MLS history.

Oh yeah, try to get in on time again, that was NICE! But we'll understand if there are fried Turkeys to devour.

Cheers,
    Tim