Alexi Lalas - on FFF Tuesday Night 9/3/07

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TequilaJoal, Sep 3, 2007.

1. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    quoted for MF'ing truth. wake up MLS it's time to sit at the grown-ups table and observe international play dates. i only wish we had seen it happen instead of the theoretical possibility of it happening.

2. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I really wish he would have taken the blame for whats going on on the field. He kept saying the players weren't ready, WE thought the players would be able to perform in this environment.

Calling him an idiot and douchebag really isn't helpful though. I like how one caller brought up his 33% win rate or whatever though. I have nothing personal against the guy, but I just don't think he makes a very good GM.

Once again, he really didn't say anything new or groundbreaking though. Kinda disappointing though. Was hoping he'd say something we haven't heard before.

3. Brian71

Brian71 Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I think Lalas did well tonight. Not drinking the Kool-Aid entirely, but I think he made some good points...interesting conversation about Donovan and the 2nd DP slot they'll need to keep him. But who gets shipped off to make that a reality? Who is worth a DP slot to any team out there? No offense to the LAG, but I don't think they'll be able to get that deal done.

The point about missing MLS Cup is just stupid. My guess is that Beckham, if available, if fit, IF the Galaxy made it, would choose MLS Cup over England. I assume that Lalas thinks the same thing - which explains his lack of hesitation. Playing for a league title, or playing for England, whom at the moment are complete crap? I think Becks would take LAG.

4. bzygo

bzygo New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Alief (Houston), Tx
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simon:

As an attorney I feel insulted that you suggest Lalas should be an attorney, I feel like I don't spin stuff that much . . . . :D

Actually, I didn't catch but the tail end of the program, but that was enough for me to see that the Galaxy fans were letting both barrels rip on Lalas. Makes me very thankful for the great FO we have here in Houston.

Brian

_________
    RIP - Gerardo, our World Cup Final Kitty - 5/19/06 to 9/4/07

5. chitrader

chitrader BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2002
    Hell-Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Chelsea has done nothing with their spending! They haven't even won the domestic title since the backpass rule was eliminated. Oh wait, that's not right, it's Liverpool who haven't won the domestic cup since then, Chelsea has won it 2 times in the last 3 years. Good lord, why even bother writing such obviously wrong crap?

And for the 1,000,000th time, The Galaxy CANNOT stop Beckham or any national team player from playing in a match on a FIFA blackout date if they want to play. The fault, if any, lies with MLS scheduling, not Lalas or the Galaxy.

You seriously have a soccer podcast and are that misinformed?

6. Jugular

Jugular New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Well since your front office is so good and AEG owns both the Galaxy and Houston, maybe a trade can be arranged?

7. SimonAllen

SimonAllen New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    L.A.
    When you have a billion Dollar bench you got to win more than the domestic game...I was referring to their last year mess of a season...

I also would ask you to listen to our show before making a judgment call...

Cheers

8. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good job to anyone who got on and let him have it, The dissatisfaction has to be made known.
    cheers

9. chitrader

May 2, 2002
    Hell-Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have listened, and winning 2 domestic cups and coming within a few points of the league title and a Champions League semifinal is a "mess of a season" that I would think most clubs would enjoy. The notion that Chelsea is the only team that buys a team is laughable, or did Fernando Torres come out of the Liverpool youth system?

10. ussoccer77

ussoccer77 New Member

Jul 4, 2007
    HEMET
    well ive been calling everytime he was on Foxfonin and finally got at him and its interesting that before i got to ask him a question the operator asked me if i was mad at Lalas or the Galaxy and of course i lied and said i loved the guy and the operator suggested i be nice and say what a good job he has done in la "OK" not!!!!! I called for his head as well as yallop, vagenas,martino and the rest with the exception to LD ,Cannon,Xavier,and Becks, In anyone from The Galaxy or its representitives watched they have heard are voice and hopefully will hear are demands, anyways they hung up on me before i was finished so next time.
    ps, alexi is a MORAN and should hide and stop showing up on shows and making MLS and USsoccer look stupid(THIS GUY WILL BLAME THE FANS OF GALAXY THAN TO ADMIT WRONG DOING) OFF with his head

11. chitrader

May 2, 2002
    Hell-Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. socceroo949

socceroo949 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    ^
    |
    |
    |

Lawl

13. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why you called out Martino and not Gordon is beyond me.

But thanks for calling in and venting though.

14. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    A bit off topic, but I'm surprised so many people hate Gordon. He's one of my favorite players. He's the only forward who acts like he gives a shit. Plus he does have a couple goals for us this season.

15. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's face it: he sucks.

16. KennyWoo

KennyWoo Member

May 21, 2007
    Pasadena, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw the show on the west coast replay. I have to give Alexi credit for coming on the show. That's the only thing I'll give him credit for, as his answers were ludicrous, and you almost get the feeling that he thinks we're in the #7 playoff spot right now. He has no concept of how rubbish we are and how rubbish he is.

AEG should have fired him during his appearance. How ****ing awesome would that have been?

17. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always wondered what people who don't use any punctuation and have little understanding of grammar when they write on message boards would sound like if I heard them talk. Thaks for letting me know. Although I muted you even before the producers on FSC cut you off.

18. Freshpuppypup

Freshpuppypup New Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Oh Good God!!!! I cant believe you wrote what you wrote...Gordon is offensive. He is unskilled in sooooooooo many ways!!!! Name me one team who would have him as a reserve let alone a starter....thats right, none. When was the last time you said to yourself "Hey, there goes Gordon....he's gonna score" That's right never!!!!!!! I dont give a rats ass if he cares. "Superclubs" are built on talent and until the Galxy, MLS and as evident by Joe cannon, us fans realize this, then whats the point??!!??

19. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Alexi really needs to stop with the whole "superclub" act. The likes of AC Milan, Real Madrid, Man United, and Barca (to name a few) would be laughing their asses off at him if they knew who the **** he was.

20. Hate_Eternal

Hate_Eternal Member

Aug 6, 2006
    AVHC
    Got to give Lalas credit though for taking those calls on the chin like a champ, I mean he has our team in shambles and he knows how much he has messed up, but whenever he tries to fix it, it just ends up being another notch on his belt of bad decisions. Thinking about it now, I wish we wouldn't have got beckham. I know im going to get alot of dissaproval with that statement but the burden of having beckham on our team is taking a toll on the whole team in general and I think that if we just had our "core" meaning, cobi, donovan, vagenas (yeah i know he sucks), and any of the guys we shipped out than we would be in a better position than we are now.

21. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alexi has some balls for going on the show.

22. Mrs. FlapJack

Mrs. FlapJack Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't think the burden is even beckham as much as it is Alexi running around calling us such crazy stupid names.

we wouldn't be half as much of a laughing stock if he wasn't telling everyone who would listen that we are the jewel of the MLS.

i mean come on..that quote comes up in every article written about us anymore. so THANKS for that Alexi...

23. Joe_Cannon

Joe_Cannon New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Well I got two things to respond to. First off, I agree that Beckham really kinda doomed this team this year. But! I think in the long run he will definitly help us.

Second, in the scope of the world Alan Gordon is obviously not that great. Compared to other MLS strikers he's not too bad. He's tall, he hustles, he's pretty good in the air. Plus I'm pretty sure he is the teams leading scorer this year, in all competitions at least. Landon might have more then him though.

Anyways though, back on topic. I wish the people who called in would have asked some better questions. Instead of just calling in to call him a douchebag.

24. Hate_Eternal

Hate_Eternal Member

Aug 6, 2006
    AVHC
    whether the problem is alexi or yallop something needs to change, and im talking about a huge overhaul. I mean I grew up with this team and it was the team that taught me soccer and that I found interest in soccer. it hurts to see us be not just the laughing stock of the league but of the soccer world.

25. sharkeyca

sharkeyca New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's like he works in the White House. The spin and blame and non-answers to questions nobody was asking was straight out of the Karl Rove playbook. He may be earnest, he may be trying his hardest, he may have a great "vision" but he lacks the competence to get it done. I don't question his spirit, just his acumen. And his grasp on reality.