Alexander [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I want my money back. Stay away! The only thing worth seeing is Rosario Dawsons amazing body. Aside from that everything sucked balls such as Jolie costume made of Lycra and that awful soundtrack.

2. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the father of a 1 year old, I barely remember what the inside of a theater looks like.

Anyway, I wonder if Stone has been playing up the whole homosexual storyline knowing that the film would tank. This way, he gets some folks in just for that, and can blame Americans inability to deal with Alexander's bi-sexuality as the reason it tanked (and help him overseas also).

In any event, was Alex gay? In the modern sense he was bisexual, but in the ancient sense, he was quite mainstream for people of his social class (though, some argue that the idea that all the Greeks were gay was a Roman exageration to contrast Greek "decadence" with Roman "manly virtues"). In any event, I have bearly heard peep of compliant on this part (except for some Greeks)

3. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One other point is that Stone apparently received a subsidy from teh French government to make the movie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4048439.stm