Alex (PSV) sought by Inter

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ombak, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What are Chelsea's plans for Alex? Would they be willing to let him go? According to this article (in Portuguese) Inter offered 25.5million pending whether or not they are able to get Samuel. Abramovich (according to the article) would rather loan Alex.

To be honest, I'd like to see Alex with Chelsea ahead of Huth and sharing time with Gallas, Carvalho and Terry.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Well, I don't think he can get a work permit yet, that's the problem. I'd much, much, MUCH rather see Alex at Chelsea than Huth as well, but its not up to me. :(
    I also wonder how willing Alex would be to share time in a 4 man rotation.

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Even though he's a starter for the current Dutch champions and Champions League semi-finalists? He also has plenty of youth call-ups for Brazil, just no senior call-ups. I know this means no automatic permit, but wouldn't that be plenty good for an appeal, especially his Dutch League experience?

4. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I think the rules are that after two years you can get one, but he's only been at PSV for one. Given our defense, I don't think he's a priority, but we'll see what happens. The notion of how we own him has never been fully determined, really. PSV sends out mixed signals, and it may be that the most we have on him is a first purchase option. Which I'd love to exercise and keep him at PSV another year or two. Now, if Inter are willing to sell us Adriano, we'll talk. :cool:

5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The article says:
    translated:
    I have no idea what they mean by "direitos federativos to be honest".

If another year of play in Europe would make the work permit practically a done deal I think Chelsea would be eager to loan him but not lose him, even if they are solid with Gallas, Terry and Carvalho.

As for Adriano, as much as Inter need a more solid defender than Materazzi and a more sensible buying policy, Adriano is far too much of a talisman to be let go in exchange for only one central defender IMHO.

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Would'nt mind selling or loaning him in exchange for say a brazian striker :D

7. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rivaldo?

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Romario?

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ROTFLMAO.

10. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Well, we'd throw in some cash. ;) But given that Mancio loves an attacking game, I don't see him trading in Adriano for Alex. I was hoping we'd have a chance at Adriano and Mascherano this summer, who were the only two south americans I was really hoping for, (although I'm also a big fan of Lucho Gonzalez, now at Porto), but once Veron joined Inter that hope was gone. Great player though.