Alex ferguson blames the pitch

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Boro_lad, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/020815/80/d7ho9.html

Yet another excuse for a poor manyoo performance.

He said the pitch was not good enough, yet the last time i looked it was the same for both teams so he is just a poor loser.

Yet another thing to the reasons i hate ferguson, and manyoo

2. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes, highly amusing when you consider the shambles of a pitch Old Trafford has. It has to be relayed, what - twice a season?

They should be well-used to playing on shit surfaces.

Excuses excuses excuses.

If their strikeforce had hit the target and their defence had played the full 90 minutes, they wouldn't be in this (minor, soon-to-be-corrected) mess.

Twat.

3. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love when fergiescum makes these excuses. They just make me laugh

4. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may just be an ignorant yank and I'm definitely not a huge ManU fan -- I like them ok, just not a fanatic about anyone in the EPL yet, but it seems to me this may be a valid complaint.

If you are a team that plays possession soccer, one / two touch passes, keeping the ball on the ground a lot, then you're going to be significantly more adversely affected by a poor playing surface than a team that sits back trying to spring a counter attack off a long ball.

As I didn't see the game, I can't say that's what happened, but it's certainly possible.

5. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    It's OK to complain once in a while, but not EVERY time you lose. Fergie is the biggest whiner of all managers.

6. Trojan

Trojan New Member

Sep 20, 2000
    Read the whole article

Ferguson: ". . . we've only ourselves to blame, we had some good chances."

Yes, he's a whiner at times, but was this sentence deleted from the article you read?

I think he gripes about things beyond the players' control to take some pressure off them. By blaming the pitch, he's saying that his players were not beaten by Zalaegerszeg's players. Thus, when they return to Old Trafford, they should smoke 'em.

7. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

ok then ferguson contradicts himself as he says the pitch was to blame, and then only them seves...is this a contradiction...me thinks so

he blames the pitch yet i saw 2 teams play on it. Yet the other team didnt moan. And not onmce does he give redit to the other team for taking thier chance or defending well. He is a bad loser

he is a whinning tosser.

kevbrunton If you want to support a team to become a fan. Support the boro :D (no cracks!!!)

8. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Come on, it's the media. They love to quote the stuff that give entertainment. Of course they don't make a big deal about him also saying that they missed their chances and should blame themselves. They make a big deal out of him complaining because they beleive it gets people's attention which they beleive translates into revenue. Personally, I feel it translates into shite.

9. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    A Neutral Votes on Ferguson

I am one of those rare creatures ... a true Man U neutral. I enjoy watching them, they play attractive football, but my happiness is not affected whether they win the treble or lose to Man City.

From this position, I am in good position to vote on Fergie's behavior.

The verdict: Whining tosser. He cries more than Liberace. I don't ever recall any manager in any sport who so frequently makes excuses when his team loses, and who is so reluctant to give credit to the opposition.

I can't imagine anybody who isn't a direhard Man U supporter defending this guy's behavior.

10. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Re: Re: Alex ferguson blames the pitch

Gotta agree with you. Read what he said:

"It's a shock result in the sense that they never had a kick of the ball in the second half,"
    "That's a surprise -- one attack, one goal. But we've only ourselves to blame, we had some good chances."
    "The pitch was very bumpy, we'd have to make that a possible reason for the standard of our passing. It's disappointing,"
    "They changed their system, but that's the only thing. They played five at the back and allowed us all the possession.
    "But we should break that down, we've played against that many times."

He says that the bumpy pitch was a possible reason for poor passing. But the underlying statement is that they should have done better.

11. stafford jim

stafford jim New Member

May 3, 2002
    stafford england
    he has never given credit to any team that beats them it's always the pitch ,the ref,the weather , the country there playing , the colour of the shirts. none of his players has ever made a mistake . he's just a bad loser.

12. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all honesty, it pleases me to see so many people up in arms over what Sir Alex Ferguson says at a post match press conference. To allow themselves to by wound up by anything that he says or does is pure joy to watch. Get a life you sad tossers. You are all OBSESSED with Manchester United. You hate them so much to the point that you can't even enjoy footie anymore... that's both funny and sad.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    I hope he gets sacked!

BTW there is a coach available, who reached the WC 1/4 finals, Won a couple of MLS Cups and a few National championships and is looking to possibly expand his horizons by coaching in Europe.

14. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    BWAHAHAHAHAAAAR!

Had to happen. Always does. Without fail. The standard response to the universal ridicule that United are constantly subject to - within ten posts of anyone making fun of anything United related, you can guarantee a post like this will appear.

Always.

Always always.

What a balm it must be to the sad muppets when confronted with the stark reality of “their” clubs standing - universal, joyous hilarity and ridicule? No no no - twisted hatred, from “sad tossers” who need to get a life. :D LOL! But of course …

I love the way “Man Yoo fans” are as predictable as they are ridiculous. It really adds a little something to the enjoyment the rest of us derive from their presence. Long may it continue!! :p

15. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I was chatting to a colleague of mine who’s an ST holder at the Skip before and his only comment on yesterday was “I know … fucking shit, wannit?”

Aaah, fresh air …

LOL!

16. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Likewise. You had to come in and help make my point. Thank you. Don't you find this crap somewhat tedious? Ye Gods! Why can't the season start already so we can have something better to talk about....

17. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Having a laugh at your rung of the football supporter's foodchain is tedious? HAHA !! Not in this universe. That's what you exist for, pal.

18. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Alex ferguson blames the pitch

It's because of this attitude that it's boring that anyone would possibly want to criticise anything that Man Yoo do that everyone hates the whole lot of you. Obviously it's below you to be playing in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League, so we'll just blame the pitch and gloss over the fact that you were absolute shite. You might believe every word that your drunken tosser of a manager says, but don't expect the rest of us to fall into line like some bunch of Meagstore worhsipping lemmings.

19. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Re: Re: Re: Alex ferguson blames the pitch

nicely put.....

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    C'mon now lad...admit it.....yeh nicked that off of Fergies personal web page didn't yeh?

21. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Re: A Neutral Votes on Ferguson

That's a little harsh isn't it..?
    Liberace only cried when he was happy, or when he was sad or just plain emotional.......
    Oh yeh, I see what you mean....:)

22. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Shutup Fergie! I respect him as a manager but he is so f***ing annoying. He needs to comment on everything under the sun.

COME ON Zalaegerszeg!!! ;)

23. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

at least he didnt blame the kits :D

24. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Well, he did that once didn't he? When United had their reserve kits at Southampton. "The players couldn't see eachother properly".

25. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Southhampton could see the kits alright....

just another example of his bitch moaning...