Alert: InDemand Cutting Back Shootout Package

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Autogolazo, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    I know this is Business/Media stuff, where there's already a thread, but for those of you who have the Shootout on digital cable, you'll notice tonight (8/31) that InDemand is showing college football instead of Revs/Crew or DC/SJ.

In other words, get ready for a battle on this one. We're all gonna have to call up to change this, or we'll wind up missing most of the rest of the games this year as well as the playoffs.

For me, this is the worst news of the season.

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is crap! you pay money for this and then you don't get what you paid for? Not right. I was actually looking to invest for next year since I just recently got digital cable, but I'll be interested to see what InDemand has to say first.

3. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    Definitely sounds like a write-in campaign waiting to happen.

4. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Can somebody come up with an email address, phone number, or regular address to send complaints to?

5. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This pissed the living $hit out of me today. :mad:

And I missed two by Golden Boy amidst a wild one in DC because of it. :mad:

6. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    Bitch Bitch Bitch .... that's all you soccer fans can do.

7. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Write

Write to MLS en masse and complain. They're promoting this thing and if it's screwing fans and disgruntled customers are expressing their displeasure...

8. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    I can't wait to get back to the States and get my Dish/Directv back.

INDemand sucks ass

9. Aidaen

Aidaen Member

Aug 24, 2002
    East Lansing, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could someone explain InDemand for me? I'm under the impression that they're supposed to provide you the entire season, including playoffs, and you pay them a fee for said broadcast.

10. Matteo

Matteo New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    well that would explain why i had trouble finding these games on the PPV channels. and to think i just got the package 2 weeks ago. oh well, sh1t happens but i'm still breathing.

11. Brrca Fan redded

Brrca Fan redded Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Chasing Tornadoes.
    For god sake, I am paying for the service and still have to compete with college Football,mind you. This is not right,why they f#$k with us like this?. This is unfair, my god.

12. FigoB1

FigoB1 New Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Virginia
    Hate to tell you guys, but if you looked at the schedule for September, they're only offering 1 game per week through the end of the regular season. Didn't mention anything about the playoffs. This really sucks!

13. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    The problem is, that the description, as provided by MLS, says:

"iN DEMAND - where available, package includes every MLS regional broadcast (regardless of the originating network)"

Note the "EVERY" and the "REGARDLESS" in the description. If they are cutting out MLS matches for something else, then it doesn't live up to its description. (and if I had it I would be highly pissed off)

14. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Well, I'm ticked off. I wasn't around this weekend. (Ironically enough, I was at a college football game), but this is ridiculous. Apparently, they neglected to mention this minor fact to us. I'm going to ask for my money back. Anyone know where to write?

15. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahaha, that was funny man.