Alejandro Gómez @ Boavista F.C.

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Philip J. Fry, Aug 27, 2020.

1. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    Boavista's coach didn't have anyone else to play other than Gomez. Chidozie couldn't play against FC Porto, he's at Boavista on a loan from FC Porto.
    Still, it didn't end well, 0-5. Weren't you predicting that Boavista would be fighting for a CL spot?

2. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #52 CDPontaDelgada, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    And they will be in a european spot. They lost to the best team in the league and held their own for 50 minutes also in a year where Marega, Telles who are in their last year of contracts and are pushing for transfers

they also have Dulanto who can play CB and Show who is a CB/CDM and played their as a youth player

5-0 was a harsh score but once they gel and play more regularly they will start getting results also they league just started with my hometown club (Santa Clara) in a CL spot lol and they will be lucky to avoid the drop unfortunately (hope they don’t)

Also I expect Porto to lose Telles who alongside Tecatito is their best player.

Sporting CP are in a rebuild mode as they are absolutely garbage this year (selling Acuña for 11M€) to Sevilla which is daylight robbery and no replacement and with no proper #9 to boot

Braga the other Competition start of the season horribly with 2 defeat in two games but I expect them to fully rebound

still early days

Alopez and Blue_Demon repped this.
  3. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Silver lining for our boy is that Rami looked absolutely horrible today.

Blue_Demon repped this.
  4. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Did you watch the game? How did our boy do overall?

5. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I missed the last 20 minutes or so. Gomez still looked shaky, but with less glaring errors. They must've told him to play it simple. The entire Boavista backline was bad though. Both fullbacks were misplacing passes and Rami/Gomez looked very slow.

It's evident that Gomez still got a lot of developing to do, the guy was playing mostly for the Atlas reserves a year ago and is now playing against Porto.

superm, Blue_Demon and wolfpupz repped this.
  6. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    He’s only 18 so he’s got room to grow, especially with the big jump he’s made like you mentioned. Looking at highlights, his team just looked bad in those set pieces and games conceded. It’ll definitely take some time for then to get used to each other since it seems they pretty much redid their starting lineup.

Blue_Demon repped this.
  7. OneZoro

OneZoro Member

May 11, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El primer tiempo fue el mejor de su equipo en el segundo el equipo se cayo pero no lo hizo mal simplemente Porto es mucho equipo.

ShockMaster and superm repped this.
  8. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: No mames :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

9. OneZoro

OneZoro Member

May 11, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mira el partido antes de comentar bro Zzzzzz

angelsfan, Blue_Demon and superm repped this.
  10. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    That's exactly because I saw in full that I comment. You can say he's young, inexperienced, coping with living far away from home and in a very different culture, all that OK, I get it. But that he was his team's MVP :rolleyes:...

11. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    So first half of receiving 0 goals was a bad half compared to the second when they got 5 goals scored on? I’m sure quite a few people are confused about that comment. Who said Gomez was an MVP?

ShockMaster and Blue_Demon repped this.
  12. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    How about that?

13. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Playing the best in the first half means he was the mvp of the game? Didn’t know that

Blue_Demon repped this.
  14. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That dude is cangrejo as it gets.

sowrong, OneZoro, ShockMaster and 2 others repped this.
  15. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    #65 ...In my defense, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    You're going to have to do a better job reading posts or asking other posters for clarification instead of simply spamming the Mex Abroad threads with your musings.

Un poquititito de esfuerzo, porfa.

This is not the yahoo comment section.

16. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    He was caught a yard or two behind the defensive line on the third goal. Some dumbass gave the ball away in silly fashion in the midfield and that's not on him pero sí habilitó al wey del Porto.

17. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    Considering he was best of his team for one half on the game, it wouldn't be scandalous to see him as being nominated the MVP. I'm sure you know that. I'm sure you also not using your full potential to understand the aforementioned statement.
    Maybe in the future this youngster will be winning the CL with some big time club, but for the time being he's had 2 very poor games (That you probably didn't even watch) with Boavista. You and some on here do not like when someone tells it like it is, but there's nothing I can do if it's been the truth so. When/if things change, I'll the first to notice.

18. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You just come to hate on mexican players, must be bballshawn, USsoccer, or don lambs Hispanic sock persona.

sowrong and jrinsd19 repped this.
  19. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    With all honesty, I and I'm sure others here really don't care if or if you don't notice whether or not someone plays well. Everyone here is posting about how he needs to improve and you take one comment and overexaggerate it. Again, no one said he was an MVP. They stated he had a good first half and supposedly was the best player. No I didn't watch the game. Did you watch the game? I'm sure you did, so maybe put more significant content on here because so far you haven't. Since you obviously don't think he had a first half, maybe can let us know what screw ups he had in the first half and what he needs to work on. Thanks.

Saldgotti1991 repped this.
  20. Blue_Demon

Blue_Demon Member+

Aug 20, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    According to the guys at Univision, Tata Martino called up Gómez for the friendlies in Europe next week.

21. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Interesting.

22. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Kinda doubt he plays, maybe a few minutes for the second game, but more than anything i guess is to get some advice from more experienced players

Blue_Demon and Philip J. Fry repped this.
  23. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He also called up guys like Arteaga and Govea.

I like it. He's rewarding those who decided to try their luck abroad.

I hope we eventually stop calling up the mental midgets who play in the MLS.

Blue_Demon and Overachiever repped this.
  24. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    For those wondering about how he played:

superm, OneZoro, wolfpupz and 1 other person repped this.
  25. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Alejandro is in a unique situation. I don't think any of us thought he'd be given a chance to be a starter off the bat given the fact he had very, very limited first division experience in Mexico.

It is under that lens that his early performances should be judged, as far as we are concerned. Boavista might be analyzing him under different parameters.

My biggest interest is to see how he develops in Liga Nos and what I'm looking for is to see if the traits he's shown at the youth levels will translate to the professional game. From what I've seen so far, he's right on course.

His anticipation skills and passing are there on display. He had a certain physical advantage in the youth ranks, how does he adapt to professional game without it? He was a very strong 1v1 defender at the youth level, is he showing glimpses of that at the level he's at now?

Once this season is done, we can go back and analyze where he's at.

Neither he nor Victor Guzman are anywhere near the senior NT level at this moment and that's something we should keep in mind when gauging his performances.

Blue_Demon and Saldgotti1991 repped this.