Alejandro Bedoya (Colombian American)

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by ryu79, May 11, 2010.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thanks ryu for the news... I just saw this piece in the Miami Herald...

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/12/1624809/chance-to-live-out-his-dream.html#ixzz0nibQ9ANJ

Will he make the final roster?

3. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Oh, it sounds like my man is a Jersey Colombian? That's awesome! I wonder if he's from around my hometown of Elizabeth.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he is from FL

5. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    oh, lost about 50% excitement now. He's 23?

6. hanzellmo

hanzellmo Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Bogota
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So is he as Volanthen :p

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    More like Crazy then Volanthen.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nope Bedoya was born in Florida not Colombia so he isn't a sell out...... back on poor little Volanthen.... he doesn't play in a better league than any of our strikers think he plays in Swiss league.

Hope he makes the team and does well he went to Boston College:D

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There's a lot of kids from Colombian descent playing in HS, College and even semi-pro or abroad. I am not aware of any in MLS or USL but they must have a few. Either way, while I wish all of them well, truth is that most of them cannot/will not play for Colombia.

To be honest with you, I look 16 years into the future and I do not see my kid wanting to play for Colombia... For starters, my colombian friend wanted to make their kids Colombian (both born in Pembroke Pines, just south of Weston - Bedoya's hometown) and it was such a hassle that he decided against it. Do you really think that one of them will make the effort to play for Colombia if thing keep going the way they are in our football?

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    biggest mistake ever was Guisippi Rossi not choosing the US. He would have been their star player and would have gone to 3+ WCs now he might just eat bench in 2

Colombia fed is a mafia I would rather play for the US than Colombia because I rub 1 person the wrong way and Im black listed. That and US will win a WC, Copa America, Confed Cup way before Colombia ever will.... in 20 years US will lift the WC easily

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If he is a bench player in Italy he might still be part of a WC Champs... Not sure the US will be a contender in 2014 or 2018...

I think in every country there's some kind of rosca or preference and you have to be not only talented but careful... However the worst part is that Colombia is devolving...

Well... While I see the US improving... winning the WC is not as easy as saying who has the most talent... There are too many intangibles and that is why Brazil, Germany and Italy win all the time and talented squads like France, Holland, England and Portugal almost always fall short...

BTW... You know Pele said that like 20 years ago, don't you?

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    MLS look how its getting better more and more people dont want to see it but it is.

Right now we are begging to have Concacaf join us but in a few years we won't want to play the US or Mexico. They will keep getting better because of the amount of people they have and the money they have, and the hunger to be better.

Colombia is glad that in 1994 they beat Argentina 5-0 away, and that in 2002 we were ranked 3rd in the WORLD BUT FAILED TO MAKE THING FING WC !!!!!!!! The only Thing that matters, THAT OUR GREATEST GENERATION ONLY GOT OUT OF GROUP STAGES 1 TIME BECAUSE OF A TIE AGAINST GERMANY !!!!! WE Celebrate this like we are fing BRAZIL

Americans know they suck, that they barely got a shot but hey they do because they are there and will always be there as they are guaranteed a spot in the final 32 every 4 years

13. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Es de New Jersey.

14. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't say that name to me. What he could have meant to US soccer...ARGH!

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From Weston, FL

Youth and Amateur
    Alejandro Bedoya attended and graduated from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in 2005 in Fort Lauderdale where he helped the team capture a 5A Florida State Championship in 2005 as well as earning Player of the Year.
    Bedoya played college soccer for Boston College and Farleigh Dickinson University, twice being nominated for the Hermann Trophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_Bedoya

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/bedoya_alejandro00.html

16. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree with you 100% in everything you say... But that does not mean anything when we talk about World Cups... It is a possibility that the US will join the elite teams from Europe and South America... But It is going to take a while to name it in the same breath with Portugal, Holland, Argentina, Spain, England or France, perennial WC Contenders, even less with perennial winners Brazil, Germany and Italy. There is something about the big 3 that you do not accomplish in one generation.

17. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    escuchate el alargue de caracol de ayer, hay lo entrevistaron y de voz del man dijo que nacio en New Jersey, pero de niño se fue a viviar a la Florida

18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Osea, es de la Florida y de NJ...

Tomemos un tinto y seamos amigos.

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In 10-20 years worst case scenerio the MLS is as good or similar to the Mexican league with players from SA who can't make it in the top 5 leagues of Germany,France, Italy, Spain or England. That is all well and good but the US can do something that Mexico will never be able to do which is get Europeans/Africans/Asians to come.

When that happens they can do what the Europeans do and get those players to become American and join the NT.

Just look at Altidore and how he man handles teams at such a young age.... kid has almost 0 talent but give the US players talent and they can be scarey. They also have to play dirtier they are like African teams as they are usually a foot taller than everyone and let teams push them around

20. padrino187

padrino187 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brescia-Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Giuseppe Rossi esta muy querido en Italia muy bien que juegue para nosotros para mi seguro va al mundial.
    El man es un Crack en 3/4 temporadas para mi va a ser uno de los mejores 10 delanteros del mundo

1 person likes this.
  21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    entre estos nunca puede haber empate!

es como el basketball gringo....:p

22. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    el campeon de goleo of the bosnian league is coming to queretaro next season is a european,in the 90s mexicans experimented doing what mls does by bringing old retiring europeans from real madrid,barcelona,etc, romanians,etc, one even was still an active for the romanian natinal team,africans like kalusha,biyik,nkong, you know mexico can bring those kind of players but we are a league in a spanish speaking country in america with spanish speaking coaches thats why the clubs prefer to bring spanish speaking players but that does not mean the teams cant bring/buy those kind of players.

2 people repped this.
  23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tendre que escucharlo, pero me basaba en lo que dijo ryu... Igual, no vamos a pelear por pelotudeces...

24. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    jaja no estoy peleando, solo estoy aclarando.

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    casualidad?

el heraldo.com de miami le hace seguimiento especial