Alaves vs FC Barcelona

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by njonkers, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Tu si que sabes de futbol.De donde eres? Asi es lol.

2. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    De Sevilla pero vivo en los estados unidos ahora.

3. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Ya lo se pisha. ;)

4. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    wut was the final score

5. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    0-0

6. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    That´s cool. We both saw different games. And that is what makes the beautiful game exactly that, beautiful. We all have our own opinions.

La Ironia de esta argumento es que you soy hincha a morir del Barca. Vi un Barcelona poderoso pero no efectivo. Y un Alavés efectivo en defensa y el contra golpe.

7. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as Deco being an enforcer, that's a bit of a stretch. A player like Edmilson or Marquez should be clattering shins when necessary. I'm sure Van Bommel can do that role (at least very similar to Deco) Rijkaard should've went to Van Bommel for Edmilson, and Iniesta for Giuly w/ Belleti for Oleguer. Xavi rarely plays bad, and his only problem is pace but keep him back near the half-line and we stay organized.

8. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I´m NOT saying that Deco is the defacto enforcer. I´m saying that he has turned out to be kind of like one. And your right, the enforcer HAS to be the defensive mid. It just turns out that Deco almost acts as both. You know what I mean?

And your right about Xavi, he is a "true" middle Midfielder. That´s his roll and that´s where he should stay.

9. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And my point is that I understand what Deco does, however, as far as a creative midfielder trying to recover the ball and getting stuck-in even just a little. Van Bommel also fits that mold and as such, Deco cannot afford to slackoff otherwise Rijkaard may insert fellow Dutchman Markus Aurelius

10. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Ha! Ceasar himself. I wonder what the senate would vote?

11. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Senate says Deco better have a cracker next week.

12. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    ...or get stabbed in the back and forced to sit on the Gladiator bench.

...or fed to the Lions...

13. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why was Rijkaard playing Eto'o on the left wing in the first half? That didn't make sense to me. Ronaldhino would get the ball and have nobobdy in front of him to play the ball to. Then, after Larson came on, Eto'o was on the right wing. After all the goals he scored last year, I don't understand why Rijkaard would start experimenting with him in different positions.

Eto'o still almost had a couple of goals today. Unlucky for Barca not to get the 3 points, but its a disappointing way to start the season.

14. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Well, I don't think any one person lost us the 2 points today. We created enough chances to win, but hit the woodwork too many times. It was all down to luck really. I still think Deco should've been subbed though. He didn't seem lively enough, he was almost dragging the ball at times...I know he does the dirty work, but the 2nd half required skillfull, artfull Deco, not faux-pitbull Deco.

15. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BINGO! This was a very frustrating game today. Mostly I was frustrated with Rijkaard, as I just couldn't make any sense of a lot of his moves.

I agree with Godinho in that Oleguer should not have been on the field. Mind you, I like the "Ole at right fullback" idea, but does anyone think he's better than Belletti? Certainly not in any kind of attacking role, which is what Barça's fullbacks are required to do. And especially not against a team like Alavez, who we KNEW wouldn't be pressuring us offensively.

Deco had a mediocre game, which just isn't good enough. I would have subbed him out at the half for Iniesta or MVB, even though I wasn't thrilled with his performance in the Gamper.

Don't even get me started on Eto'o, or more specifically, what Rijkaard was doing with him.

I will say this though, looking at the role Rijkaard is asking Eto'o to play, do any of you think this is a role Saviola could not have played?!? How the hell does he not fit into your system Frankie, when you have Eto'o doing things that make even less sense for him.

16. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    Why isn't Messi playing???
    I can't wait to see him play!

17. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't play until they finish the paper work. I think Godinho mentioned September 20th.

18. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    That is what 125,000 + active paying members ask themselves (the largest in the world EVER in History). Not to mention the tens of millions fans worldwide. Why cut the bunny?

Pride.

19. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Every one was surprised with this move, but at least Eto`o tried to drift from wide left to the center of the attack, to me we should go back to how we played last year with him as our sole front runner. This game though showed us alot of things we need to assess.

lets wait and see the next game but i`m sure he will be back to his customary central attack position. hardluck.

20. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Agreed on the Oleguer issue, apparently Rijkaard felt that he has a good game, yeah may be a solid game against Alaves but we lost out on the right wing attacking flare that Belletti brings and like you said, may be more pressure through our attacking wing backs would have unlocked thier defence.

Nightmare game for Deco judging by his qualities, i think his star status kept him in there otherwise he would have been one of the first off.

21. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    €5.2Million and Joan Gaspart

22. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Oh, yeah. and that too.

23. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I just watched a replay of the game while I was not a home at the weakend. And all I have to say is: "WHAT A BAD LUCK!!!!"

We didnt play bad at all. We created chances but ball just didnt want to go in. And there was a name: BONANO. He was absolutly brilliant. If he had been so good while playing at Barca he would still have been Barca first choice!!! Barca had more than 12 shots on target and Bonano had around 8 or 9 excellent saves. Barca also hit three bars (Ronaldinho twice and Etoo once). So there is realy not much to complain except the fact that we only draw in game as Puyol had said:" In 10 matches like this you would win 9 times." So a realy bad luck and I hope that we will be more lucky in future games.

As goes for Rijkaard and his system. I think Etoo played very well at right wing in second half as he did on left changing places with Ronnie in first half. I like the system we played. Also Oleguer on wingback had a good match IMO. Playing him there gave us much needed defensive strenght. I didnt catch any counter attack against us in this match while last season there were planty! Fact is that there was superb Bonano and that we were unlucky. And you cant do much when goalkepper has his night. Everythink could be different anyway if Etoo would have scored from his chance with only Bonano to beat but he missed the target. For a player of his calibre this should have been a goal!!! :mad: Anyway, there are still 37 matches to play ;)

It would be difficoult to name best three players from Barca squad. But I will try anyway: Ronaldinho, Marques and Xavi

24. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    BTW, here is how our attacking formation change during the match:

[​IMG]