Alaves vs FC Barcelona

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by njonkers, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    I hope we dont have to remember these 2 points lost. :mad:

2. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    i agree with you there, i have never been a big fan of rijkaard

3. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    LMFAO whats soccer? Yea oleguer is awesome.You my friend know a lot about FOOTBALL. :rolleyes:

4. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    yea, edmilson lost the ball a lot whether by dribbling or long passes that got nowhere, hopefully this squad can gel by the time the Champions Legaue starts

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that the game is over, Deco and Xavi really pissed me off. They weren't sharp at all BTW, Moderator this thread needs an [R].

More than likely Piterman(son). Said something disrespectful to Eto'o at the end of the game. But slagging off Eto'o is very ungrateful. Hopefully, Deco will get the message that Van Bommel, Messi or Iniesta will slide in to replace him if he has another game as bad that one. For 80 minutes he upset me until he decided to by more assertive.

6. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Oly is not bad. as a football player he is above average. don´t knock him, he plays well. The people that dont know shite about football say he sucks. If he can start for FC BARCELONA he is a good player.

7. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    when did i say oleguer is awesome, he just got the job done
    you are the awesome one, hahaha

8. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Sarcasm mero sarcasm :rolleyes: .Job done cuz alaves were hanging from the post.

9. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Part of me is glad Rijkaard found a way to include Marquez and Edmilson, and not upset the supporters by leaving out Oleguer.

Our fullbacks were far too conservative. Gio made runs that weren't being used, then he stopped making them, then when we needed them we couldn't use them.

10. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    well wonka seems to agree with me, i want to see you get some people to agree with you, i think ill watch the betis- valencia match then to try to knock some sense into you, peace out

11. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Ok, we hit the woodwork 4 times, none of those by Iniesta...'nuff said!!
    Seriously, i missed the first 30 minutes, but 2nd half saw some mesmerizning play by Barca, and Gaucho simply went nuts for a nice stretch...Eto'o worked his a$$ off, but missed a sitter and at times kept the ball way too long, when an assist was knocking on the door! Deco though, more than anyone, SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUBBED. He was having a nightmare of a game. I simply cannot understand why Rijkaard refuses to sub him. This happened alot last season, i hope it doesn't this year. Be back with highlights later. Splendind 2nd half performance though. Good game.

12. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    A yankee tryin to knock sense into me? lol Good one themeromero. :D

13. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    thats where you are wrong ********

14. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Because DECO above any other offensive mids we have, recovers more balls. Plus he´s our enforcer (even though he probably doesn´t know that), he gets hit and dishes out hits, more than anyone. I thought he had an ok game, nothing spectacular, but as usual solid.

15. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Dont be a biatch then.

16. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Yeah I thought Xavi was having a better game than Deco but Xavi gets subbed. Also it seems Etoo likes to go 1v5 or 6 sometimes. Near the end of the game all he had to do was a simple layoff for dinho but he tries the nutmeg of an Alaves defender :confused:

17. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    its cool, i know now who not to pay attention to anymore this season: you and your dumbass posts

18. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Go watch the game thefish.

19. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    the worst player today had to be etoo, i guess he doesnt know much about being a winger yet

20. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005

21. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Well in a game like this we probably didn't need him to be an enforcer. We needed to create chances and Xavi was doing that more than Deco was. Anyway it is just nitpicking as I think Barça created a lot of chances but unfortunately all they could was the bar. Also Etoo had that criminal miss in the second half.

22. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deco. He didn't wake up till the 80th minute. And he made no runs of any worth. All the moving around, is ridiculous. Let Eto'o stay in the middle. Have Ronnie drop back to the Half-line to move the ball around. They marked Ronnie tightly so that's why Xavi/Deco can't play bad games vs. bunker-teams.

23. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    true dat

24. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I disagree. In every game we need an enforcer.

This game was typical of the Small Fish-Big Fish syndrome. The little Fish either Rises to the Challenge or Wilts under the Pressure.

IMO Alavez played solid and rose up to the challenge. They played smart, defensive, counter-attacking football. And were very dangerous on a couple of occasions. Barca was very, very unlucky not to score. But luck is more often than not, created than received.

25. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Erm...I thought Alaves were terrible. They couldn't even play anti-football right and that's what they looked like they were trying to do. Deco wasn't needed in this game. Actually what we did need is somebody to finish, Etoo hit the post 3 times and Ronaldinho hit it once. Plus how many shots does it take for Giuly to score?