Alashe and Pelosi on Olympic Qualifying Team

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Socarchist, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  2. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That's OK -- we'll probably be well out of the playoff race by then...

[​IMG]

3. QuakesForever

QuakesForever Member

Mar 15, 2014
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course the first post is a negative spin on this great news, typical BS..
    We have a super exciting future CM duo on our hands, for the Quakes and for the National team. :thumbsup:

markmcf8 repped this.
  4. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

I may be dead by next year. We seem to suck right now, which is where I live, so

[​IMG]

;)

That said, I think that Alashe, TT and Pelosi ARE going to pay long-term dividends.

markmcf8, evade6317, mjlee22 and 4 others repped this.
  5. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Maybe by 10/3 Muma will be back, and maybe JBP too. That would be my preference - Muma at CB and JBP with Godoy in CM. Keep MPG on the right.

6. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Olympics are next summer right?
    So we will be without them for quite a few games if the US qualify.
    Luckily Doyle is planning for that now.

markmcf8 repped this.
  7. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's only exciting if they actually end up playing games for the Quakes. Take Wondolowski's little fruitless trip with the national team during their wasted Gold Cup tournament. He didn't play, so he did nobody any good, when he could have been helping the team that pays his bills.

If Alashe and Pelosi are going to be forfeited significant numbers of games to serve an organization that has proved to earn money off the backs of players that other people develop while giving them very little in return, then I think the Quakes community has reason to be skeptical, if not outright hostile to the US men's national team. I enjoy international soccer, but if I had to choose one, I'd pick club soccer, and keeping with that, I'd prefer that Quakes players never get called up to their respective national teams.

QuakesForever repped this.
  8. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    The Quakes are also scheduled to play RSL on the 27th. Are we sure they won't get called in earlier for some kind of mini camp to bond the team?

9. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unluckily, Doyle will still be GM.

markmcf8 repped this.
  10. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Olympic roster will be be very different, as it will have only 18 players, including 3 over-age. Also there are Yedlin and Brooks who are being held out of this tournament so that they can play for the senior team against Mexico, but would very likely take 2 of the 15 U-23 slots next summer.

Also, they might not even qualify. The USA has only qualified twice out of four tries in the MLS era.

11. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honors like this are the only good thing we are going to see for a long time. And, if Alashe pans out ( I don't expect the other 2 to do so), then the quakes will happily transfer him overseas.

12. QuakesForever

QuakesForever Member

Mar 15, 2014
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They actually wouldn't be happy to do that because selling non honegrown players get's you no money. Maybe some allocation money? Not sure, but I'm pretty sure the league and player get 99% of it, so it's pointless for us to do so.

13. vjle

vjle Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Pelosi was stretched off at the end of the Cuba match. Anyone know about how badly he was injured?

14. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Twitter, they said he just needed a few stitches, but it is on the same leg that was broken before.