Alarming breaking news!

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by kaberon10, Sep 28, 2003.

1. c.topfer

c.topfer New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    I remember a lot of good stuff coming from the Sun. Before WC 2002 the Sun made the people pray for Becks´ foot, and see, it actually worked :D

2. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Re: Drudge posted link to Ananova on his site

3. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Whilst I dislike Bowyer intensely - and think he is a nasty, odious little piece of crap - it should be remembered that he was found innocent of the previous charges laid against him.

4. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Another Story

Here is an excerpt from another story. I have a hard time believing this story. There is no way these players would put themselves in this kind of position. I have a feeling this is almost like a Kobe copycat rape. I hope it is not true.

Police check CCTV in rape investigation
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=279033&cc=5901

Police were today examining CCTV pictures from a top London hotel where a group of Premiership footballers are accused of gang-raping a teenager.

The 17-year-old girl claims she consented to sex with one player but was then attacked by others.

She reportedly says a total of up to eight players were present during the attack at a five-star hotel in the capital's West End.

None of them have been named by police but rumours about their identities are flooding the Internet.

One of the accused players, a household name, is understood to deny even being at the hotel.

The others are also believed to be adamant they did nothing wrong.

Forensic teams from Scotland Yard have been examining rooms at the hotel for DNA evidence.

The alleged victim said the attack happened in the early hours of the morning after the players had been on a night out.

5. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Re: Another Story

I find it hard to believe as well.

BBC reported that she had come forward on Saturday.
    If this happened on the early hours of Saturday, then it couldn't have been players who would play that day, but those who played Friday night, Arsenal-Newcastle, don't know who played from other divisions that night, but Friday is not a normal football day.

6. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Another Story

Actually, many athletes believe they are above the law and are used to wielding power over anyone. So there is definitely a way it could happen.
    (BTW, I guess you already have your mind made up about the Kobe case then?)

I'll wait to hear more evidence before believing or not believing this.

7. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    The rumor about SBR resigning.... if this is true, it would be over the alleged mess in London. He's never been known to be a quitter based on a club's performance on the pitch.

8. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice work newby. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

9. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Re: Re: Another Story

I would like to clarify my statement. I don't know if Kobe is innocent or guilty. I am just telling you that if I was a crazed woman and I saw what was happening in the Kobe case, you could do a pretty good job of setting up these players up to get try to become famous. These players are idiots if they did participate in this act.

10. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Re: Re: Another Story

Wouldn't visiting teams that play Saturday afternoon stay in a hotel on a Friday night?

11. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally posted by Mobile
    he is a nasty, odious little piece of crap

Don't sugarcoat it. Just tell us how you really feel.

it should be remembered that he was found innocent of the previous charges laid against him.

So was OJ Simpson. Being found "not guilty" and being innocent are two, completely independent things.

Bowyer is a "good lad". Just a "victim of the modern age". *wink* [fade to Clockwork Orange scene with little Alex and the rape scene]

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    LMAO

13. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland

Was he found innocent, I seem to remember he was simply aquitted and the judge commented that he was the smarmiest little shite he ever had the displeasure of not being able to sentence even though he knew he as guilty as sin and the evidence just wasnt sufficient.

14. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    This is one of those things that will just end ugly for all parties involved.

15. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Another Story

Hmm... "professional athletes".... "idiots". Those two can't possibly go together, can they?

16. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    LOL!
    The worst part is that the person in question had to go to trial for assault, the victim accused him of racism.

17. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Re: Re: Re: Another Story

BBC reported that the incident happened AFTER they had already played.

18. fatboy slim-fast

fatboy slim-fast New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Jersey/NYC

HAHA!

19. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Story

[ALARM!] Not if you're a gooner.

Besides, who cares. This is probably a fabrication to harm our team who have to be good boys before facing the Futile Androids (FA).

20. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas

21. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Bowyer's face = real horrorshow.

22. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got this from a friend of a friend, not the most reliable source I know, but it does seem to support some earlier posts.

23. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    The media here have been reporting that 2 Villa and 5 Chelsea players were involved, and they have even given all the names. That of course means very little, they don’t fear litigation, so they can throw anything around.

24. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    If it did happen on the friday night-saturaday morning then it could not have been any of the Newcastle players. Bobby keeps them in the hotel and makes them watch them match again and get analysis so after the match and all the post match anaylsis it would have been early saturday and bobby has a curfew after matches.

However if it was a toon player he'd never play again.

25. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    If the 7 did what they are accused of doing, then they will never play again.