Ajax: We Want More; Let's Go for Four

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 2, 2013.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Krcic coming on a season loan now. Yowza.

2. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :eek:

Is he going to play right wing or what?

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good question!

4. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah, although he is multifunctional attacker, not a traditional winger. Van Rhijn will have to provide width I guess.

5. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Well that is an interesting little piece of business

6. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That spin from Hoesen :thumbsup:

aveslacker repped this.
  7. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    you wanted this ;)

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i definitely do. just didnt expect it

9. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eriksen reminding me a bit of Sneijder with those free kicks.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have watched the whole game, just some short comments on the players:

Vermeer: Was oke, but a throw to a player in front of him was quickly won by Dresden and turned into danger. Bad communication with receiving player.

Ligeon: Boy he is small. I think his interventions where a tad clumsy. I mist moments where he was overlapping with his speed. had one time a very nice anticipating moment, but the counter that followed was bleeding dead as he also made no run that could create any danger.

Veltman: Was good at making opponents stand off side. Was one time in a very hard situation where he was still able to football himself out of it. One time he intervened nicely, but then very easily gave the ball away again.

Moisander: had a peach of a pass one time to Siem de Jong. Some other times he messed up with his long ball.

Boilesen: Where were his powerful runs? Still rusty probably. He needs more games under his belt. In this form he is no danger for Blind.

Poulsen: He did not see some possible triangles or used a touch before passing. He was very alert with the second goal as I think the ref would not have counted it otherwise. He also received a blow to the face in the process.

De Jong: What he is good at is throwing in first touch faints here and there. Eriksen does that a lot but he (now) as well. With his back to the opponent and looking like he is oping and turning to one side, but then rather going the other way. Beside that, his long shot was off, his finishing was off (one time he turned open to shoot and had a complete different idea of where the goal was), his final pass was off. Only the first ball control looked on in this game. He too missed some triangles or used an extra touch to create them.

Eriksen: Besides his free kick goals was not that involved. Just a general oke game from him I guess.

Boerrigter: Was having a tough game with his opponent. Saw him often on the ground. He did not really going for his own shot but rather laid it off. Did not really provided good crosses.

Sigthorsson: Made an inexcusable mistake being off side when a distance shot came in. That was telephoned minutes before it happened. The German CB simply made a step forward at the moment the shot was made, Sig was unaware and when he finished the rebound he was offside. He did not seem to care. Pissed me off even without being an Ajax fan. Especially his casual reaction afterwords. His dribble did not came through. Was sometimes able to perform some hold up play.

Fischer: Did he play? Had a one or two shots from the side. Especially one time he might have scored from an opportunity. Needs to get more involved though. I feel that hen is no traditional winger and I am not sure it's his best position. Fischer should see more of the ball or do more about it to get it. It's a pity such a player sees so little of it.

*****************************************************************************************

Cillessen: Was scored on a few times with off side goals. One time reacted a bit pissed about it. Showed passion. Not yet a commanding figure at the back, but he looks sharp. I guess he did oke.

Nieuwpoort: Did not know this fellow. Was decent, but sober as a right back. Pretty tall guy.

Sporkslede: Little fellow. Was oke on ball. It did not look very slick all the time, but decent enough.

Denswil: Was not totally happy with some interventions of him though with others he was aggressive including one time with covering through. Unbalanced an opponent when he tried to head the ball in. Looked a bit more mature an secure on ball than Sporkslede.

Koppers: Made a very clumsy mistake at the end that gave away a big opportunity. Other then that I think he at least made some offensive runs that I have missed from the backs in this game.

Schöne: Not sure. I think he did oke in some departments I guess. One time his distance shot was off. I think the Germans did became a bit more dangerous in the second half, simply more able to get into that defensive third of Ajax. Looked to me that there was more space between defense and attack than with the first half configuration. I am not sure i can pin that on him, but he was also responsible for that at least. Compactness should be on the mind of a DM. Poulsen did that better I think.

Klaassen: Was unlucky with his ball touches. Inaccurate, rusty and did not provide danger for what he is known for. Needs more time to come back to a good level I guess.

Serero: I don't know. There is something underwhelming about this player, but then again I can't say he is bad. There is little presence that comes off him IMO. He did not intervene with aggression at times.

Sana: After his action that provided the 3-0 he was not able to get passed his man. However he did provide the assist for the 3-0. Would like to see him from the left.

Hoesen: His goal was very nice. However the (half) scissor he made before scoring the goal was not perfect. For me he radiates being a technical player with slick ball control and moves, but those are not yet executed that well or at least perfect. He took his goal quick and that was nice to see. It was a goal that makes you reevaluate a player as he answers to certain criteria that are important for the top. Taking a ball faster than you expect is such a criteria. That having said, he is still not out of my book of being wasteful with chances. Other then this goal, he was oke I guess, but also lost a ball sometimes while it was unnecessary.

Andersen: just like Fischer, very uninvolved. However with him I see neither some great creation powers the times he does get the ball. Needs more maturing or another position.

*****************************************************************************************

De Boer next to Stam: Great view. It provides a powerful picture to see these two Dutch NT legend next to each other.

Cheers

sonicdream and JC-14 repped this.
  11. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

That's why he should be a striker imo

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    IMO he should be a false #9 with the freedom to go wherever he can create danger.

13. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Looking good Bojan.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Before we get all excited let's see him score some goals!!!!

15. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Sure but at least it's something to get excited about. The idea of Boerrigter as our starting right winger is underwhelming me at the moment.

16. Bemma

Bemma Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bojan just arrived at De Toekomst:

[​IMG]

aveslacker repped this.
  17. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Koppers to Twente

Antario2 repped this.
  18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How much did we get for the transfer?

19. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  20. Bemma

Bemma Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

TFC Ajax repped this.
  21. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    love how he's holding a numberless home jersey while wearing a #19 away jersey.

wait a minute... isn't Sana #19?

22. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Just a thought but I wonder if Man U lose out on Thiago to Bayern if they don't start making enquiries about Eriksen.

23. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    We will probably get 300k most likely, not much more. Transfer is not done, but he's definitely leaving as he was about to sign for ADO not long ago but they couldn't afford him.