Air Dawson

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Danners9, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    He just loves the headers! Wins about 95% of them and clears them well away.

Surely he has to be on the verge of an England call up, even if it's for a friendly. You can't be first XI for a top 4 side and not be picked, surrrrely.

2. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Dawson has been excellent this season, he looks so mature, composed and calm.

The England aspect must be a push though, Terry, Judas, Rio, Ledley, Carragher are all ahead of him, as is Woodgate when he returns. It would take the sort of pull outs that got Zat Knight a cap for Dawson to get in at the moment.

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dawson was going to be capped in that USA tour but dropped out with injury so Knight got in.

I'm sure he will play for England at some point. For now he still needs another couple of years to get completely consistent and deal better with quick players running at him. He plays well above his age already though, superb signing.

4. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Dawson is class. I can think he can become a better player than Sol, Rio, Carragher and maybe Terry.

5. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hopefully Sven has some sence and calls him up to the England squad, him and King have been exerlent this season.

6. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    He would have been on the U.S. tour if he wasnt injured.

He has been superb all season and has really stepped up when Ledley has been out.

7. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    I am so happy that this thread has been created for one of the best old fashion centre-backs in the game.

As I said in another thread, he's like 22, but plays like a 34 year old.

Does this kid NOT get his head, boot or chest onto anything that enters our area??

I watched the game with my wife and she even mentioned that he just kept heading and kicking everything out of our penalty area.

And guess what? He will get better!

[​IMG]

8. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Could not agree more. He has been fantastic this season and imperial in the last 2 games. He's not as pacy as King, but then not many other players (let alone defenders) are. Dawson can easily become the Terry Butcher of this generation.

9. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    He'd be the perfect backup for Terry ;)

10. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Who?

11. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

...Terry. I went to school with a Terry Lazarou. He lived in Palmers Green along with all the other English-Cypriots.

12. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is he a good defender?

13. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    John Terry plays badly for England, I think anyway. Does not look convincing next to Ferdinand, out of position a lot.

14. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    It's because he's not in charge. If he was captain, he would play far better. A lot of players that are club captains then move to another team, do not play the same for some time.

15. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agreed. At Chelski he has Makelele in front of him as well, not as much protection for England so his lack of pace and individual ability gets him exposed.

16. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    Put it this way, if Robbo got injured, I would stick John Terry in goal as England's #2. He's a great shot-stopper :p