Ahn's injury in Maldives match

Discussion in 'Korea' started by woorijim, Nov 18, 2004.

1. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Ahn got injured by the Maldives player and he will be out for more than two months. This news is really devastating because of these two reasons.
    [​IMG]

1. Ahn's contract with his club Yokohama Marinos, ends this season. And it was very likely that he will move to Europe once his contract with the team's over. His agency already confirmed that they were approached by several European clubs. One of them was Lazio, who were very keen on signing Ahn. Now that he's injured and out for more than two months, the chance of him going to Europe looks very very slim. Just to think rationally, no clubs in Europe would bet their money on Ahn, knowing that they won't be able to use him for a long period. :(

2. The other reason why this news comes "devastating" is, Korea NT are scheduled to have a training camp in Europe for 3 weeks. During this period, they are going to play 2-3 competitve "away" matches against the top Euopean oppositions. Of course, Ahn won't be able to join in this squad because of his injury.

Right after the training camp's over, Korea NT will face the-all-important-WCQ match at the beginning of February, where they will be tested greatly by the top Asian powerhouse. We need all the players we got in this match and Ahn won't be used here. :(

Ahn will be missing his winter-break training as well as 1 or 2 WCQ matches. This means, Korea NT will have to rely "only" on Lee Dong Guk. Many fans are very skeptical about him, yet we have no choice because we haven't found any replacements for the lone striker position...

2. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    For 1, I agree. It is devastating to Anh personally.

Re: 2, I think it will give Bonferer to try out young players like Choi Sun Guk, Park Chu YOung and others. I actually think this is a blessing in disguise for Korean NT. Of course, I am assuming that Anh's presence in Korean NT isn't that significant to begin with. Korea just has too many forwards who can fill Anh's shoes.

My 2 cents.

3. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    yea boner needs to tinker with the striker positions. he needs to find the best suitable strike partners with exception subs which we have. hopefully the knt will realize that they still need a lot of (team)work during the holiday and in europe.

4. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    Ahn wasnt very effective against Maldives until he got injured, his touches were rough and wasnt able to make anything special out of it...

Ahn is looking not so good since last year

5. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Ahn Jung-hwan can just become a free agent. Then when he's recovered, he can go to any club anywhere at any time because he doesn't have a club.

6. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    Ahn hasn't been anything special for a long time. I wish him the best but I don't expect too much out of him.

7. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    ahns contract with marinos ends this year?? what about yoo sang chul? i think i heard he is coming back to k-league and joining suwon next year??

8. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Really terrible news. What luck this guy has. He will sorely be missed in our NT. His absence will be shown in matches ahead. Not only that but his move to Lazio was about to happen and then this blows up in his face.

Why must you torture me Ahn. I've been your faithful for over 5 years and fate does this to you.

9. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    I am not good at doing the street-talk thing but others will say you are too gay.

Does his wife know about you?

10. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Yeah there have been a rew rumours suggesting Yoo might join up at Suwon... Kim Nam-il too, perhaps.

11. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    wtf is going on with kim nam il?? is he still injured or something.....havent heard bout him for a long time.....

12. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    On his way back and hopes to be in the Chunnam team for the Championship playoff against Suwon ;)