AHN Jung-hwan transfer rumour thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GuruSky, Jul 8, 2005.

1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    since I made one for Lee, why not make another one for Ahn? :D

Ahn's move to Europe had been one of the hottest issues for the last few months, so I decided to make an official one.

clubs that have shown in Ahn are :

Serie-A
    Lazio
    Udinese
    Livorno
    Genoa

Bundesliga
    FC Cologn

Le Championade
    PSG

La Liga
    Deportivo Alaves
    Athletico Madrid

2. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    latest article about Ahn's transfer - http://news.paran.com/sports/newsview.php?dirnews=1632451&year=&pg=1&date=20050708&dir=749

too lazy to translate the whole article but I'll list some of the important points made by this article :

1) things will be more clear by this weekend. Ahn will either choose ONE team or choose final couple of teams to choose from.

2) Ahn is not interested in signing with teams that are requesting sponsors.

3) Lazio, Udinese, Genoa, Deportivo Alaves, and PSG look to be the final 5 teams which Ahn will choose to sign with.

4) Cologn, Livorno, At. Madrid, and other Premiership clubs which have showed their interest in Ahn are now out of Ahn's option.

5) Udinese, a team that's currently showing interest in Ahn is coached by Cosmi, who was the head coach of Perugia during the time when Ahn played there. there had been a lot of stories about Cosmi liking Ahn as a player ever since Ahn's fantabulous performance against Juventus (during Zidane era) in Serie-A 00-01 season. he's also the one who gave #10 to Ahn for the 01-02 season.

6) Ahn is claming that there are plenty of J-League teams that are offering huge contracts to him, but he would rather choose an opportunity to play in a world class league than getting paid.

7) 'if' Ahn IS going to Europe, Italy will 'probably' be his destination, but if things don't work out, he will sign with another J-League team rather than going back to Korea to play in the K-League.

3. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    it's getting late...

theres high chance of seeing him in K-league, and oh man will that be a setback for him...

i was hoping hed go to Bundesliga or Eredevise

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Im getting nervous :)

Udinese sounds interesting , they finished 4 th, thats really good.

5. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    You forgot:

Scotland
    Aberdeen

[​IMG]

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    yeah, Ahn to Udinese will be real interesting.

if he goes, then we're gonna be seeing possibly 4 Koreans competing in the Champions League next season.

Park Ji-sung, Lee Eul-yong, Ahn Jung-hwan, and Lee Young-pyo if he stays in PSV or moves to Everton.

7. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Udinese are coached by Cosmi now?

That's great .. he's always been one of the great characters of the game.

It's good that he likes Ahn, because if anybody in Italy knows it's Cosmi, having coached him previously. Definitely a vote of confidence in Ahn's abilities :)

I've heard that Martin Jorgensen (the playmaker) may be sold to one of the big teams, in which case Ahn could be destined for that role, which would suit him well.

8. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    LOL. Nice emoticon. Rkim's wet dream. :D

9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As long as Ahn doesn't go to Lazio, i'm happy. Lazio has some racist supporters and with what Ahn did in 2002, it might not look so pretty.

Hope this thread is worth something, but if Ahn stays in Japan, this thread goes through the drain. :(

10. Adidas343

Adidas343 Member

Sep 8, 2003
    Diamond Bar, CA
    i don't think too many players these days find too much success at Lazio.

11. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Didn't Adrian Mutu scored 17 goals for them few years back? But yeah, Lazio is just blah to me.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tomorrow it is!

13. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

i hope he goes to Atletico Madrid but i hope he doesnt turn out to be another Lee Chun Soo in La Liga

14. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Man, Ahn really needs another shot. Sink or swim he deserves another chance.

15. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    Ahn will own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

im not even going to touch this one...

17. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    can ahn please go to a european team already so we can stop talking about the POSSIBILITY of him going? I mean..just freaking go somewhere already. Im starting to wonder if he likes all this attention he gets from these rumors. Show your stuff, Ahn...just go somewhere and prove naysayers like me wrong.

18. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    because you know he will too.

19. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    well, one could argue that it's just the tabloids trying to crank up sales by making things up, and us fans being stupid suckers falling for it every single time :D

20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha nice said my friend.

21. FM 2005

FM 2005 New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Paris
    "Ahn Jung-Hwan signe au FC Metz pour un an !
    lundi 11 juillet 2005

L’agent d’Ahn Jung-Hwan a déclaré lundi que son joueur s’était engagé pour un an avec le FC Metz.

Après de nombreuses rumeurs de transfert, l’attaquant international sud-coréen évoluera finalement à Metz en Ligue 1.

Ahn est attendu dans les jours à venir pour effectuer sa visite médicale"

It said that Ahn Jung-Hwan had already signed with FC Metz in France for 1 year ... They are waiting for him to do the medical visit ...

22. DjTannerr

DjTannerr Member

Dec 3, 1999
    New York/Milwaukee,WI
    Here's the soccernet article.
    South Korea's Ahn Set To Join Metz

I hope he does well. He was my favourite Korean player. Hopefully, Metz will improve with Ahn and not near relegation this coming season.