Ahmadinejad has nothing against Jews!

Discussion in 'International News' started by !Bob, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Are these two, Abraham and Ishmael, the same as the ones from the old testament in the Bible? Then aren't both respected by the Jews and the Muslims?

2. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    They are the same. However, if I remember correctly, in the Bible Abraham's wife (Sara?) forced Hajar and Ishmael out. Also, linking on to that, the brief few lines explaining the miracle that happens to Ishamel afterwards as a child are I think the only exception where a story like that is left! Some have questioned the mention of it as having a significance in the Old Testament recognising the roots of Islam...

PS I am a bit confused Paddy by your Philistine connection; as you said the Philistines were not Semitic, however Arabs are. In fact genetically speaking Arabs and Jews in that region at least share the same lineage. So how could a non-Semitic tribe with little interaction with the Semitic Jews be the correct lineage of the Palestinians?

3. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Of course a "Shia" state in Lebanon (or in Iraq) is fine....

Get real.

4. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    The question of Israel's existence is not up for discussion. If Israel "falls," so will everyone else in the region.

5. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    They aren't. The current day Palestinians are in no way the ancient Philistines. It's just a convenient trumped up argument that the arabs have created out of thin air.

6. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Why is that? All the countries in the region right now pretend Israel doesn’t exist and they haven’t fallen , Israel is not a important country by the views of other countries in the Middle East , so their existence doesn’t matter

7. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I think what he's talking about is the "samson option". If Israel feels that it is going to be destroyed it has been suggested (by Seymour Hersh amongst others, i think) that it will launch nuclear weapons at its neighbours in retaliation. It's a covert threat.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is based on a very simple concept that worked to keep the Cold War from getting into a shooting war. It is called MAD.

Mutually Assured Destruction.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah they pretend. :rolleyes:
    That is why they launched wars and now use terrorism against Israel. They know they are too weak and impotent to take out Israel. From iran to hezbollah.

10. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is very true. all the countries in the ME know better now then to directly challenge Israel so they instead rely on terrorism.

I wonder if hezbollah can stand anymore "victories" like the one they claim to have just had.

11. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Same way Israel is backing Kurdish terrorist right?

12. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Proof. Source. Keep on with that lie.

13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
  14. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
  15. Warwick the Warlock

Real Madrid
    Jun 12, 2006
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
  16. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone should be ignoring this clown. Does he ever say anything worthwhile?

17. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    He's the poster boy for racism

18. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He seems like it. He just has no clue that i can tell so far.
    Who is this Iranian Monitor? Long winded and posted pictures that have nothing to do with topics.

19. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    As opposed to short-winded and pictureless posts that have nothing to do with topics? ^^

IM is actually a very good poster. You might not agree with him/her all the time (and i don't) but he/she's posted very informed posts. Makes for good discussions, even if you vehemently disagree with the posts.

20. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He rambles on and on, full of sound and fury signifying nothing. Is a quote that comes to mind. Thank you Stuart Scott, ESPN.

What pictures should I post? Some of advanced US Naval Units or Planes? How about our Mars Rover? 3 years and still going strong.

21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Thank Shakespeare, not Stuart Scott (unless I'm missing something). And you can post what you will, if its informative and tenuously linked with the topic i will appreciate it.

22. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stuart Scott on ESPN would use that quote when discussing highlights on the show.

23. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Its only racism when someone Criticize
    Jews , right? Look at this forum , there far more attacks on Islam and Muslims and I don’t see you crying about it , I am not religious but I can see the reality on this forum and society , unfortunately Jews have created a new meaning for the word racism .

24. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its racism cause you want to see them removed from their country because it is the only Jewish nation. Now be sure to go burn an effigy of the Pope because he hurt your feelings.

25. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    He's the Bigsoccer equivalent of pop up ads