Ahl

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by urtel, Oct 22, 2003.

1. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    I like to watch the AHL more than the NHL. Is there anyone else like that. I'm priviledged to live between two hockey towns, Buffalo and Rochester, with Albany, Binghampton, Syracuse, NY Islanders and NY Rangers down the Thruway.

To say my area is hockey-rich, would be an understatement.

Back to my original question, does anybody keep up with the NHL?

2. kwik1980

kwik1980 New Member

May 27, 2003
    Norwich, NY
    First off, there is no "p" in Binghamton (I've probably had to do that about 17,000 different times on various forums).

Second off, I like the AHL better myself, probably because it's always been easier for me to go to AHL games in person, as opposed to the NHL. I've lost count of how many AHL games I've seen, but I've only seen 1 NHL game in person. I suppose that living in and near Binghamton, and going to school in Albany helped with that too. Though, I'm not exactly sure that you can call the River Rats hockey, there's not much worse than watching young players learn the Devils neutral-zone trap.

3. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try to keep up with the AHL but I follow enough teams as it is, I don't need another. I'm in Providence so I'm suprised I don't see as many Providence Bruins games on tv as much as I'd expect. I guess if I were to follow a team, it'd be the Hartford Wolfpack which is about an hour drive from Prov. Only because it's the Rangers farm team and I'm a Ranger fan. All I know about them is that they won the Calder Cup in 2000 and that they send the wrong players from the Rangers to the minors when it should be a whole lot other of the underachievers being sent. Example: Michael Grosek, Sylvain Lefebvre.

4. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For in-person, I prefer the AHL better, because it's affordable. On TV, hockey's hockey; I'd rather watch the Aeros than a lot of NHL teams, just because they're the local team, but other than that I probably would choose the NHL (but then, I don't really have a choice because the Aeros are the only AHL that's ever on).