Aguirre in Osasuna

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by toot86, Jul 18, 2002.

1. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Result Below

Result Below

[Sun, Jun 1 Valladolid 0 - Osasuna 2]

With this crucial win over Valladolid, Osasuna are ensured a spot in the top flight for next season.

With 36 matches played and only 2 remaining:

Osasuna 41 pts.

Recreativo Huelva 34 pts.

Alavés 34 pts.

Rayo Vallecano 31 pts.

Mathematically they are in at the #17 spot and can still improve their standing withing the next two jornadas.

Mission accomplished!

Nice job Aguirre!

:)

2. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Javier Aguirre, satisfecho con la permanencia

[​IMG]

"El triunfo es un premio al esfuerzo y a nuestra afición. Han hecho siempre un esfuerzo solidario, nunca con malas palabras y siempre con el equipo. Esto me da mucho gusto. Es un premio para nosotros, para el presidente, para las familias, los medios, para toda la gente que cree en nosotros".

For the rest of the article go here:

http://www.osasuna.es/noticias/abre_documento.asp?id=492&fecha_mes=6

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Aguirre llegó a un acuerdo y seguirá otro año en Osasuna

Javier Aguirre y Osasuna han alcanzado un principio de acuerdo para la renovación del técnico mexicano por una temporada. El representante del técnico se desplazará este fin de semana hasta Pamplona para ultimar los detalles de la firma y posteriormente seguir en directo el encuentro que los rojillos van a disputar contra el Alavés.

4. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Now would be a good time to rub it in all the non-believers faces, but who the hell can remember how they voted vack in OCtober. I'm pretty sure I went with the maintaining their catagory opcion, but I might of went with firing in december if I voted in mid November. The voting trend was all out of whack depending in what month you cast your vote.

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Triunfa Osasuna en El Sadar

El equipo dirigido por Javier Aguirre logró vencer 4-2 a un descendido Alavés y le obsequió a su afición la última victoria en casa de la temporada.

http://www.reforma.com/futbol/articulo/302845/

6. ricv56

ricv56 New Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Bellflower
    Osasuna finished their season yesterday with a 3-2 victory over Racing Santander. The win put them on 47 points for the season, eleven points out of the relegation zone, tied with Atletico Madrid for the 11th spot on the table.

Aguirre ensured his place with the team for another year as the club rewarded him with a one-year contract extension.

I'm curious about a few things, and maybe it's enough to start another thread. With an entire summer to prepare what do you expect to see from them next season? If they build on the success from this past year and move up a few spots on the table, to say seventh or so, does he stay there another year? Will Osasuna try to lock him up long-term? Do you think he'll get an offer from a bigger club in Spain or elsewhere in Europe? If the national team gets in hot water again, do they call him back to fix it again? If *that* happens does he accept or say "screw you guys?"

Mostly I'm just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

ricv56

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    El Vasco Aguirre

Originally posted by ricv56

With an entire summer to prepare what do you expect to see from them next season?

I expect a more solid squad. In this past season Osasuna lost some matches in the final minutes of gameplay and in other matches their strikers failed to score and they ended up losing games that they had dominated or had control over.

If they build on the success from this past year and move up a few spots on the table, to say seventh or so, does he stay there another year?

I feel that Osasuna needs a quality striker. If they can manage to get a Romperedes then securing a spot in the Intertoto or even UEFA Cup would be possible.

Will Osasuna try to lock him up long-term? Do you think he'll get an offer from a bigger club in Spain or elsewhere in Europe?

Aguirre needs to have more than one good season to show his worth. Not even Osasuna gave him a long term contract. If Aguirre continues to do well then i dont doubt he will receive offers from bigger clubs.

If the national team gets in hot water again, do they call him back to fix it again? If *that* happens does he accept or say "screw you guys?"

Aguirre is pissed with the FMF and doesnt plan on returning to Mexico anytime soon. In a recent article he claimed that even if he was sacked from Osasuna he would of stayed in Spain.

8. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If they get better players in any position it will be a big improvement. They'll have to replace the goalkeeper due to retirement, but any quality player in any position will be a good thing. The team was stayed up due to the 'Aguirre System' not because of the indivuals. With the group Aguirre had to work it looked like a sentence set in stone they were bounded for relegation. The dude can coach straight out. First Pahuca then EL TRI now a Giant tamer of a team.

9. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001