Agoos: out of one job, into another?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Toad_of_Toad_Hall, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RB still needs someone with knowledge of MLS intricasies and how to handle them. Who else in the organization, besides Agoos, knows this?

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Well I think RBNY needs to decide between Agoos, RWilliams and Harkes...have one of them serve in the sporting director role and handle the big name Euro coach. Perhaps in an ideal world, one becomes sporting director and another sits on the bench with the new coach.

4. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    How about Bruce Arena again or may be " lkgf09" as a new coach.

5. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every ********ing year it's like rooting for a new team. The only consistent thing about our franchise is its inconsistency.

6. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. It's like "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" :(

7. CrimsonChin00

CrimsonChin00 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we will give you Soehn

8. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah ... he's all yours.

Want The Bruce back? :)

9. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    we got a lame duck on our hands

10. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    And we think Agoos "knows this" exactly why? :D:D

No offense meant here, but I think the main problem with RB was that they had guys who didn't know talent and couldn't scout, well......scouting and evaluating talent.

=NLK=

11. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA

i see it all the time in the ODP level there are coaches there who think they know soccer but they really dont

that was our problem we need a guy who will travel the world and will study the players a pick them up if there good enough.... to look at a player its just like a byopsy (or however you spell it) with dead people.... thats how you have to scan each element of the player.... other then that you cant call yourself a evaluator

i like nowak as our head coach will do a fine job at that.... and plus he will have a great draft because he knows the players.... hes the u23 coach

so i say we need nowak running the operation here

12. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have always been poor on scouting and evaluating foreign talent for the most part. seems like our old ideas of scouting , going back to Metrostars was someone telling our coach this guy is good, ,etc.

13. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Wow! This "situation" seems kind of strange. Jeff Agoos just watched the guy that hired him get fired. The boss says Jeff will get an "opportunity" to interview (read: see you later). Agoos is good friends with Frank Yallop, who just "happens" to be picking an expansion player from NY, whom lame duck Agoos gets to expose. Hmmm........as a SJ fan, I like this setup. Hopefully, Yallop calls up Agoos and tells him which player we want! ;)

14. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    it wont happen man

15. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Yeah, I know. Still, Agoos will be on the short list to be an assistant coach under Yallop in SJ. Seems like a conflict of interest.

16. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    J.A. yes yes i think he mite go and be a assistant in SJ but there are other people also that that probably make the decisions on who stays too and who goes in the draft.... yes kova mite go to SJ but i wouldnt be suprised if that happends but i think we shouldnt protect reyna.... SJ can take him for free we will hand you him on a platinum plater