After the WWC

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by MichaelR, Sep 19, 2003.

1. MichaelR

MichaelR New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Do you stick with April as coach since the next big event is less than a year away? Or do you bring in someone else to manage the long-delayed transition from the Founders' generation to the Wambach-Boxx-Wagner-O'Reilly-Tarpley generation?

I have two favorite candidates: Pia Sundhage, maybe the best tactician in the women's game, and Michelle Akers, who defines leadership in US women's soccer -- and is a fan of the up-and-coming corps of players.

I would go with Akers and hope Sundhage would accept a role as top assistant.

2. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    If the women win, April will probably be offered the job again.

If so, I hope she turns it down and goes on to coach the Burn. If ever a team needed a school ma'rm.... :)

3. RedZion

RedZion New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    1. Heinrichs' contract goes through 2004 or 2005.

2. Putting Sundhage with Colleen Hacker will make for the most brilliant-deadly-complete team. In addition to having Wheddon and a to-be-named asst. coach.... think Carin Gabarra would leave the comforts of the Naval Academy for the role?

I'd rather have CG than Akers... the foursome here would be unparalleled.

Players adore Pia..work their rumps to the ground for her..and have fun. I'm not so sure she'd leave Sweden for the position though. Pity...