After the Rapture: What Happens to Fluffy?

Discussion in 'Spirituality & Religion' started by Demosthenes, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate myself for not thinking of this first.

3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1.

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Q: When the Rapture occurs, how long before my pet is rescued?
    A: The timing is contingent on the number of subscribers we have in each state/region and travel distance. Our rescuers know that this is a time sensitive service. Pets' lives are at stake. We will limit the number of subscribers in each zone so that any given rescuer will not be over burdened. Naturally, we must anticipate that there will be widespread chaos and confusion immediately following the Rapture that could impact travel times. Thus, we are targeting a maximum of between 18- 24 hours from realization of the Rapture, to animal rescue.

Q: If my pet has special needs, can you accomodate them?
    A: Yes. Our contract form includes room for specific care instructions, medications/dosages, preferred foods, even any favored pet toys that should be brought from your home to your pets new home. While we expect most animals to be stressed because of your absence etc., we do ask that if your pet is prone to aggressive behavior that you note this on the form so we can take precautions to ensure the rescuer's and your pet's safety.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is this for real or satire? Whatever it is, it is one of those rare items that is worth posting twice. Are people actually paying for this service?

And of course the service is guaranteed. But, for the sake of argument, lets say the rapture does happen, and the dedicated animal lovers don't show up to take care of our poor pet. How can we possibly try to enforce the contract from the other side?

LOL! I posted this on facebook. I have some good friends who are strong evangelicals and probably believe in the rapture. I'm wondering if they'll respond.

8. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Whoops, did not notice your thread.

9. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I do remember Rexella Van Impe's view (expressed on her husband's awesomely entertaining late night show Jack Van Impe Presents)that pets do go to heaven. My pastors never brought this up.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Somebody left me a note on facebook saying that Michael Vick will do it for free. :D

Another issue I have with this. What if I was planning to get raptured, but the rapture comes and I am left behind?

Can I get my money back?

11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My bad. That "a.m." and "p.m." thing confuses the hell out of me sometimes.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In fact, it was Chico who made that comment. I would rep him except that he didn't say it in BigSoccer.

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I don't mind; I just want credit for the scoop.

No, it says so on the website. No refunds if you lose your faith or fail to get raptured.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn, I better go to confession then. I'd hate to lose 110 bucks because of my stupid dog.

15. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's both, and the weird thing is, the more real it is, the more of a satire it is.

16. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So wait, the fundies are gonna leave their precious pets in the care of sinners who can't get into Heaven? Well that's really nice of them. Bastards.

17. jsimm

jsimm Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it's the Christian thing to do. They'll be providing for you sinners so keep an extra bag of Kingsford around. :D

18. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I often wonder if Rapture Ready is for real. I swear it was started as a joke and people who believe in that stuff have gravitated there. I'm seriously thinking of joining the site and calling myself Spuyten Duyval or Hell's Angel and goofing on them a bit. I'm sure I would get an IP ban within minutes.

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I'm sure that even if it's satire, they'll probably still manage to part some naive little old ladies from their hard earned social security money.

20. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in the Bible it talks about whole families being saved ( from 'aitch ee double hockey sticks ). that must include pets. so if Edwin and Mabel are "saved", their dog, Nimrod, will enter the Kingdom of God, and not the doggie hotel version.

21. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    But that's only if the whole family has faith - members of a family that don't have faith won't be raptured. So it is on a case by case basis. How does one determine if Fido has accepted Jesus into his heart?

22. dogface

dogface Let's Just Pretend

Jun 22, 2002
    St. Peter, MN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's some mighty fine biblical exegesis there, champ.

23. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can tell by the bark. if Fido ( and, btw, Fido is a derivative of the word that means "faithful" ) has a kinder, gentler bark, then, by all means, we can be sure that the spirit of God lives in him.

or, Fido just might be tired.

the best test is to give Fido a chance to do something particularly vexing, and if he doesn't do it, chances are that he's a fully redeemed pup.