Afonso Alves [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by soccer krazy, Dec 31, 2006.

1. DJ2492

DJ2492 Red Card

May 27, 2007
    California
    Re: Alfonso Alves

Alves doing ok in the jogo.

2. Robinho#1

Robinho#1 New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Canada

Hopefully I will get a better look @ him if/when he plays against Turkey. But definately looks like a goal scorer compared to Love.

3. DJ2492

DJ2492 Red Card

May 27, 2007
    California

Yes great player Alves is.

4. Re: Alfonso Alves

And he should kick Ronaldinho if he again wants to take the free kicks. Those by ROno were stinkers. Anyone seen the cruise missiles Afonso sends towards the goalies?

5. cashflow

cashflow Member

May 31, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

i suggest u watch some of his games for barca this year and you will see why there is no reason for ronaldinho not to take every free kick

i have been amazed by his free kick ability this year for barca, scoring and at least hitting woodwork countless times, dont judge somebodys ability on 3 kicks also the england players were charging of the wall before he hit it

6. Hazdinho7

Hazdinho7 New Member

Jun 1, 2007

i agree the english were charging too early and Ronaldinho is amazing at freekicks you just cant walk into the NT and say "I'm taking the Free Kicks"

7. Re: Alfonso Alves

Where do you come from that you think that in the Netherlands we donot see any other match than the Dutch league? We get the most soccer of all Europe on television from all the big competitions for free, so if you got some suggestions check before you post.

8. Hazdinho7

Hazdinho7 New Member

Jun 1, 2007

it's AFONSO not Alfonso

9. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

ive heard rumours that blackburn rovers are after him as a season ticket holder would love to see him at ewood anyone no weather its true or not

10. Re: Alfonso Alves

Do they have the 20 million Euros Heerenveen wants for him?

11. Rubinhogoal

Rubinhogoal New Member

May 19, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

A question have been asked to me, what is the market value of Afonso Alves
    In my opinion this will be an amount between 3 mln. and 4,5 mln. The difference will be whether he will score for Brazil in the final of the COPA America (4,5mln) or just sits on the bench as he does now (3 mln.)!

Let me know what you think of it?

Best regards,
    Rubinhogoal (www.afonso-alves.com)

12. Re: Alfonso Alves

You are joking, aren't you? Heerenveen paid 4.5 million €€, so according to your valuation he got less worth after just missing Europe top scorers Golden Boot by one just one goal (as did Ruud van Nistelrooy).
    You will have to up your estimation to at least 15 million. This week a few players have been sold for sums of 25 to 39 million Euros, and neither of these guys are in sight of the top ten Europe goal scorers, so if you can count then you know where to start.

13. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Re: Afonso Alves

Dunga needs to put him in so we can see what he can really do.

14. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Its time for Afonso to have a full game in the national team......
    Up at this point, if Vagner Love hasnt scored anything its time to put him on the bench just like they did to Diego, except Diego only played 45 minutes and didnt play at all against Chile, I think theres something going on between Dunga and Love...lol
    It sucks that in Copa America we only have one substitue striker(Afonso, cause Fred is injured) but we never use him

15. Rubinhogoal

Rubinhogoal New Member

May 19, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Lets level-up the price!
    I must admit that if Torres moves for £27m Afonso Alves can do that too.

Brazilian Footballers ONLINE

16. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Alves does not have the rep of Torres or others in the 20mil+ club, he is a brazilian NT striker though, and like Vagner Love i'd say 8-12 mil would be about right. both remain untested in the 'big 5' european leagues.

17. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005

Well that remains to be seen.
    Do U mean rep as in reputation or as in repertoire

18. Re: Alfonso Alves

Van Nistelrooy was untested in those 5 and went for over 25 million €€ to Manu and that was some 5 years ago, when other players that had proven themselves in the socalled big 5 leagues went for less. Hasselbaink and Makaay werenot even topscorers in the Dutch league and went to Spain and became topscorers over there, so what's your point when it comes to Alves?

19. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

err...?

my point was that Alves likely won't go for 20mil. that's all.

Kezman was dutch league top scorer with 30 plus goals & went to Chelsea for 5 mil pounds, so it goes both ways. i think for a lot of people Alves is just a striker who's had a good season, he's done nothing notable when capped for Brazil (yet).

8-12 mil seems reasonable to me.

so...what's your point?:)
    ---

reputation. most people didn't even know about him until a few months ago.

20. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  21. Re: Alfonso Alves

AZ offered 16.5 million €€ and Heerenveen turned that down. So what's your point

22. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  23. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

first of all, Link?

secondly, it didn't happen though did it? he wasn't actually sold for 16.5 mil was he?

the question is how much he would be sold for, not some nebulous potentiality; he Could be sold next year for 5 mil, AZ's supposed offer means nothing in that case.

and since when did AZ become so irresponsible? it justs strikes me as sounding very odd.

so................................
    ......what's YOUR point?:D

24. Re: Alfonso Alves

My point now becomes that you are an idiot that when confronted with facts that blasts yor idiot opinion out of the sky you come up with even more idiotic arguments. So if Heerenveen turned down the last minute effort of AZ for 16.5 million €€, you argue that Alves is worth 5 million for the next bidder? What have you been smoking lately?

25. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

i'll say it again, link?

all you did was provide a price that he was not sold for, had Heerenveen accepted the offer (if the offer was indeed made) i would say well done to them.
    but an sourceless rumour is NOT a fact.

i don't see what the big deal, is my estimation of his worth is a bit lower than yours thats all.

and there's no need at all for personal insults.