AFC Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by The Lieutenant, Oct 29, 2002.

1. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Anyone else tracking the new team? Looks like they are doing pretty good. They are now my number 2 team in England, behind Arsenal of coarse.

Link to their rusults and league table.

http://www.afcwimbledon.com/matches/table.html

2. AvidSinger

AvidSinger New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Massachusetts
    How many teams get promoted from that league?

3. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it's only one or two at most. Really, if a club getting 2-3000 a week can't win an amateur league where most club's total ticket income for a season will be about £3000, then questions need to be asked.

4. AvidSinger

AvidSinger New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Well, it is their inaugural season, after all. I'll assume that once they pile up their gate money and buy a few players, they'll be unstoppable until they get up to about Conference.

5. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    I doubt it would even be that. With the rearrangement of the Ryman League, which I presume they'll go into, they have to probably win, and then be elected (which I assume should be a formality). Elections certainly happen into the Dr Martens League, as there are more potential feeder champions than places available.

6. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    From the AFC Website

Promotion.

Promotion from the Combines Counties to the Ryman League is dependent on the team trying to progress having a B ground grading and their election being approved during the Ryman League AGM, it is possible for a team who finish second in the league to apply for election to the Ryman League. Relegation from the Combined Counties League is done in a similar way the team finishing bottom may be relegated via a vote of all clubs at the Combined Counties AGM.