Advice to DC and KC fans re: HD Center

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Dammit!, Nov 7, 2004.

1. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Lastort, check your PMs.

Alright this is the first weekend I'm ever gonna have to deal with watching the early NFL game on west coast time. So if anyone can recommend a bar that actually does open earlier than the legal 12 noon and has enough tvs that the Jets-Baltimore game might actually be on, and is close enough to jet to the HDC in time for kickoff, it would be appreciated.

2. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Don't worry about the early football game -- there is not a 12 noon "legal time" in California on Sunday or any other day -- 6am is legal time, so sports bars are often filled with football fans Sunday mornings for the early game, and on Saturdays for Celtic.

The question becomes how far away you want to be from the stadium -- I'm guessing not very far -- so there is a Hilton down there where the Galaxy holds "official" pregames and some viewing parties, but I've never been. The Galaxy forums may have more info as to where you can bar nearby, probaby the Riot Squad supporters' club if they have a page, they seem to more Engligh-speaking and thus might be more inclined to football games -- not a bash on anyone, it just looks to the eye like the Galaxians are mostly Spanish-speaking. I know there would be a couple options in Manhattan Beach but you would have 20 mins travel to the stadium -- that may be good for first half of your NFL game but you'll get pinched staying for much more than that. You should have no problem finding your Jets game at any multi-screen bar in the South bay.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Got it. Looking forward to seeing ya again.

I want to try to see the first half of Steelers-Browns too. Maybe we can quaff a few somewhere near HDC.

4. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA

Oh, goodness, Mike, please tell me you're a Browns fan like me. If you're a Steeler fan, I think I found my exact human opposite in you! :)

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I grew up about 90 miles east of Pittsburgh. Take a wild guess.

If we meet and shake hands, people better stand clear. It'll be like matter meeting anti-matter. :)

6. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    That is the funniest thing I've read on BS for quite some time. Very good!

Now, we have to meet.If that's you in your avatar, I will make a concerted effort to track you down Sunday!

7. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Yep, that's me. It's from this picture:

[​IMG]

My wife Jan is the redhead to my right.

Look forward to meeting you.

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Wouldn't it be easier to just add this to your sig than to cut and paste it in every freakin' thread on BigSoccer.

9. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful.

:)

Maybe I'll write a macro.

10. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    I scrolled down to your picture and swear I smelled beer! :)

11. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    Zero bids for midfield seats at face value. Screw all you supporters of Dog Crap U and the Pissards. I'm going to the match with my neighbor from Missouri. He'll be rooting for the Pissards. I'll be looking for sufficient injuries on both squads to ensure their failure to qualify for the playoffs next season. On the bright side, my neighbor will be paying for my $28 per cup beers at HDC. Watching these teams play for the cup at HDC is going to be a bit like watching two really ugly people hump in my own bedroom. I'm not bitter, though. :D

12. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Let me say first that I am still physically ill that our club won't be playing at the HDC for the Cup. Absolutely disgusting.

That said, last year's game with Scum Jose and Crapcago was unbelievably entertaining. It was initially tough getting into the game sitting in my seat, but eventually I just warmed up to watching a pretty darn good match.

Hopefully, that's what happens Sunday.

13. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Make sure you wear red or blue, they love those colors down there :D

14. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    or head north and go hang out in the world famous "18th Street" district