Advice/ Suggestions re:tickets MUFC

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by JuggleMeBalls, Feb 22, 2016.

1. JuggleMeBalls

JuggleMeBalls Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Formerly Sec 103
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Figured this was as a good a place as any to explain my quandary and solicit some advice. I'm traveling to the UK March 4th through the 14th. I plan on seeing a few (hopefully three ) matches while in country. For once in my life I planned ahead and bought really good tickets for Man Utd v Crystal Palace. Of course this is what I get for going against my normal pattern, the game is now postponed and most likely will be played after I am long gone. I do not have the option of extending my trip, not even one day. I have actual paper tickets W205 Row 23 - nice cushy seats, lower level Stretford End, right behind goal.
    So........ how do I get rid of these tickets ? I have an email out to the agent I bought them from, but I imagine that will go nowhere. I know I'm not going to get what I paid for them, especially now that it'll be a midweek match. I could try to scalp them the weekend before, but what do I do - go to Trafford and try to sell to people taking pictures of the stadium? Try a local pub? Is Craigslist active over there?
    Anyway, as you can see I'm in a bit of a pinch. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

2. TonyClarkDOOP

TonyClarkDOOP Member+

Jun 18, 2010
    Oxford, United Kingdom
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am headed over for my third time this week (Feb 25-Mar7 if you're in London at all).... I have been to 5 games and have never once seen scalpers at any game. I have also been told avidly not to ever buy from scalpers if they are at the games. If I were you, I would contact the club and ask them for suggestions as tacky as that would be. They probably won't give you money back however I bet they may give you some advise.

I have had very good customer service and appreciation of my support from WHU and were great over the phone. MUFC may be different due to the massive amount of support compared to WHU but I would call.

3. JuggleMeBalls

JuggleMeBalls Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Formerly Sec 103
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Too much money shelled out to worry about being tacky, lol. I'll give that a try. Thanks. I will be in London until probably that Wednesday then traveling northward. Going to Craven Cottage Tuesday3/8 ( Fulham v Burnley ). I need to find a match for the first weekend, you going to WHU ? I think I'll be seeing them the following week at Old Trafford ( FA Cup ).

4. JuggleMeBalls

JuggleMeBalls Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Formerly Sec 103
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Well except for the likely loss of money for the Crystal Palace match( still haven't rescheduled a date yet), this trip is shaping up nicely.:
    Fulham v Burnley (Emerson Hyndman before move to big club vs Joey Barton )
    Everton v Chelsea- FA Cup
    Man Utd v West Ham FA cup

I've never been so excited for a vacation.

TonyClarkDOOP and cwelch999 repped this.
  5. JuggleMeBalls

JuggleMeBalls Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Formerly Sec 103
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Trip over and wow. My impressions for those interested
    Craven Cottage- great old stadium. Chill crowd, very friendly staff. Fulham not very good but soon to be Tottenham player Dembele ( different one ) is a guy we'll know well I think. ( They are actually going to have two players named Mousa Dembele next year ). Tim Ream was on the bench and Hyndman did not dress.

Goodison Park Everton- Just amazing. FANTASTIC crowd and stadium. I was on the upper balcony and the venom spewed in the first half and then subsequent euphoria in the second was unreal. I'm no more than a very casual Everton fan, actually I wouldn't even say fan but it was easy to get swept up in that. That crowd roared. If you haven't seen the first goal, search youtube for Lukaku v Chelsea 3/12/16. Saw Anfield across the way too, but time was too short to have a proper look.
    Tim Howard did not play but was on bench. The fans I talked to ( Everton fans very friendly and talkative ) have had their fill of Howard. They liked him but are glad he will be leaving. They also really don't like Roberto Martinez. That was universal.

Old Trafford- First impression upon entering - HUGE. Beautiful pitch. I felt like I had finally made the pilgrimage. Amazing to be there but very tight seating. I'm 6'2" and I had a very difficult time finding a comfortable place to put my legs and standing is very much frowned upon in the section I was in (30 rows up behind goal W205 ) Really put a damper on my enthusiasm. Also, oddly not very loud there. Maybe its the design or maybe its the fact that so many people have flown in from all over the world for the match. I don't know but it was a much more cold atmosphere. Perhaps more likely is the fact that Man Utd have been so inconsistent.

This trip was the first time I ever saw police horses with clear riot shields over their faces, so that was interesting. Also signs saying " Pyrotechnic detecting dogs being used " I guess to check for flares . But I didn't see any trouble at all. In fact I was surprised how much home and away fans were intermixed pregame .

Can't wait to do it again.

cwelch999 and TonyClarkDOOP repped this.