Adu vs. (fill in the blank) {R}

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by elbita, Jul 16, 2005.

1. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    I agree with you -- it's hard to compare them, given the dramatic differences between the 1958 Brazilian national team and the 2005 DC United team. All I'm saying is that whether you're old or not in no way makes the comparison any easier or harder (as superdave seems to think).

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Dude, i gave him his credit. But some people take it too far. Im not sure, but some one, after the second Colombus game that Freddy should be in the World cup Roster. That person with all his green nipples said that crap.

Like i said, i gave him his credit, i even admit, i was wrong in most of my post, about him. Give me a break.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    My guess is that Freddy is reasonably close to 5'8" today. I'm 5'7 1/2" and he's roughly my height. In August, 2002 when a 13 year old Freddy was at SAS Soccer Park and Method Road Field in the Triangle, U.S. Soccer had him listed at 5'7" and I'm guessing he would've been somewhere around 5'5" possibly shorter, but doubtfully taller.

But then sometimes my recollections of what I differ from myself. :p

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Not unless Brandi Chastain is 5' 11". ;)

Fair enough and I appreciate the polite answer. Reasonable people can differ on this.