Adu likely for Saturday...despite sprain

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by cliffkram, Oct 22, 2004.

1. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I'm this close to a "Suffer Little Children" chant, for the 3 of you that remember that lyric.

So, sitdown & zip it, you weren't starting anyway. And quit trying to hurt craig ziadie by jumping onto his shoulders. :p

2. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    This just in:

A leading Washington Newspaper reports that even though DC United superstar Feddy Adu will not start against the MetroStars on the first playoff game this Saturday at Giants Stadium, he will be available for one of the half time games.

Noessenot Underage, the coach for the U12 team The Rockettes, announed that Freddy will be leading a line up of seventeen forwards, six midfielders, eight defenders and two goalies in the upper right quadrant of the stadium.

When asked if he thought that was fair, Noessenot said he was starting two goal keepers because last time , arch rivals, The Shoop Shoop Girls had three goal keepers.

Noessenot added that Freddy always got along so well with his teammates even though he was always the oldest. He then hesitated and asked if he could take that back.

3. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I still remember the shocked look on her face. It was as if someone just told her that they found Freddy's original birth certificate.

4. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    I saw her too. It's understanable I guess for her to be concerned cause it's her son but he's not gonna die playing soccer. She should know by now that in soccer you get hit and thrown in the air and all sorts of crap, you only need to be worried the first 3 times and then after that you should get used to it, so she should have been used to it when Freddy was like 8, Craig Zadie's not gonna kill anyone, she should have had that look on her face the last game when he was being pushed around, that's when you need to worry about him dying I'm sure there's at least one player on the metrostars who hates freddy more than the rest of the team.

5. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Meba no awu!

Banner?

6. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    haha. that would be funny.

I have to admit, I used to hate Landon because he was a spoiled brat. He seems to have matured slightly this past season, and Freddy has taken on that mantle with aplomb. He is so freaking arrogant, and he hasn't won or done anything. Yapping away, show some humility.

Same goes with Magee. Jesus does this kid talk, and he never stops.

7. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Noessenot added that Freddy always got along so well with his teammates even though he was always the oldest. He then hesitated and asked if he could take that back.[/QUOTE]

Aren't we tired of this same drudge?

8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Guevara is the biggest baby on the Metros

9. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I give him the benefit of the doubt and remember that he's only 15 now. He's the highest paid player in the league and has been dubbed the savior of soccer in America, whether he wants to be called that or not. Plus he's playing with guys twice his age or more so I'd think that he needs some kinda edge to show that he's not weak and can hang with the big boys. I'm not saying that I like it when he does yap or whatever, but he's just a kid and his mom screaming out for concern of her child is just a reminder of that. Same with Magee. He's young and I'm sure he'll tone things down as he matures a bit more and learns how to handle better. Let's remember that there are guys older than them that act the same way. I mean, how silly does that look compared to a teenager doing it (yes, Guevara included)?

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Are you coming down for the game Mr. Otter ???

11. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No can do my friend. I really wanted to but I have to meet up with my group all weekend to finish up a presentation we have for Monday. Sucks I was only able to make it out for one game this season but there's always next year. Anyway, enjoy the game.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Alrighty. Next year, don't hesitate to get a ride from me!! GL on that project.