Adriano Wins Golden Ball

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by mritalian1210, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
  2. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    I thought the winner has to be Ronaldinho, Henry, or Shevchenko?

3. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Are you confusing this with the Ballon d'Or?

4. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is the Golden Ball of Lombardy Journalists. Milan is the capital of the Region Lombardia (Lombardy). All of the journalists from Lombardy voted for the best player of 2004. They picked Adriano...

5. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ok so adriano won another golden ball not the Ballon d'Or which shev is picked to win correct?

6. gozcelik79

gozcelik79 New Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Adriano did great job in the match against Messina.

7. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    congrats to the emperor.

please keep it up, inter need more goals...somehow theyre giving up as many as he is scoring.

forza inter

8. Ricardao

Ricardao New Member

Sep 6, 2003
    PraiaGrande,SPBRASIL
    I have a question many of you Inter fans may be able to answer... Adriano

hands down is probably the best striker in the world right now. With him

being Brasilian is not a bitter sweet taste or is all for the good of Inter? How

do you think your feelings may change when/if he would face a substantially

underskilled Italian National side in the next WC? In Brasil we don't have

many transfers from Europe to Brasil so cheering for Corinthians or Sao Paulo

or Palmerias has always been about Brasilians in our leagues except for a few

South Americans. This is something I have always wondered.. thank you

This is not intended to offend anyone so please don't take it this way.

9. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    When it comes to club ball, I don't think most fans care where the player is from. Milan fans don't care that Shevchenko is Ukrainian, Juventus fans don't care (much) that two of their strikers - Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic - have scored crucial goals vs Italy at critical moments, and Inter fans CERTAINLY don't care that Adriano is Brazilian.

When it comes to thinking of the national team, of course these things are thought about. Italian national team coach Marcello Lippi today observed he had a dream that Serie A had only Italian players (even though he admitted it will never happen). Of course he would dream of this because it would make his job easier. But in the week-to-week world of club soccer, most people don't care where a player is from as long as he helps their club win.

10. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    though i am an inter fan, i am an azzurri fan 1st.
    The azzurri always comes first to me.
    Sure Adriano is one of the best players in the world, but he isn't Italian (not on the italian NT).
    I would love if inter had more italians on their team. Dont get me wrong i still love J. Zanetti, Adriano ,Cruz, and other Foreigners playing in italy, But i hate seeing italians leaving italy and going somewhere to play football. it hurts italy

11. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, many don't leave anyway...There are only a handful of Italians abroad I can think of...(Di Vaio, Corradi, Fiore, Moretti-All Valencia, Pistone-Everton, Amoruso-Blackburn, and Ventola-Crystal Palace). And i also think Italians leaving Italy is not good. But like i just stated, it rarely happens. The same goes with England and Spain. Many of there players don't go to play elsewhere...

12. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

in my case, i like adriano more because he is a brazilian. i hold brazilian players to the highest level of skill and well, fun in football. i love watching brazilians play soccer theres a spark with them that cannot be duplicated and i think it is the beautiful game. but i certainly dont hold someones nationality against a player on a team i root for....

...now as for players on the other teams.... thats a different story ;)

forza inter

13. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Well, Brazilians leaving Brazil hasn't hurt their national team much. I don't like Italians leaving Serie A either - for the sake of Serie A. But I don't think it hurts the national team. It might even help matters a little bit because players could get more familiar with the styles of the different leagues and get exposed to different coaching philosophies. I particularly like the idea of younger players going abroad and getting playing time, then returning to Italy. This was what Rino Gattuso did, and it doesn't seem to have hurt his career at all.

14. moose8008

moose8008 New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    I appreciate the kind of words about Brasilians. I think what makes Serie A the best league in the world is there is a blend between great foreigners and great Italian players, while in England and Spain, the foreigners carry the league. I don't think the presence of foreigners is hurting the Italian team. I have never felt watching Italy in a World Cup that talent was the problem. Coaching, bad luck and officiating have stopped Italy in recent WCs but they have the players to win any tournament they play.