Adios TEVEZ

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by EL MONO MARIO, Nov 29, 2004.

1. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acuerdo por Tevez con el Corinthians
    Anoche cerraron el pase del Apache de Boca al club brasileño por 18 millones al contado. En las próximas horas se firmará una carta de intención, y la transferencia debe ser refrendada por la Comisión Directiva. En las próximas horas harían nuevas ofertas por Javier Mascherano, de River, y de Lisandro López, de Racing.

El talentoso y NO EXTRAORIDINARIO jugador de Boca se va rumbo a brasil... Dice que se quiso ir de Argentina lo mas antes possible... Luego de que se hablo de el Bayern Munich, el Alteico Madrid, y varios clubes de Rusia el delantero opto por Brasil... Quien elijio el club? el? Boca? o su novia? Al final se terimno otra fantasia de orto jugador que iba ser el NUEVO MARADONA... Gracias a dios, porque este no llegaba ni a los pies de Riquelme...

2. Argentine Gaucho 25

Nov 15, 2004
    California
    Good luck Apache!
    We'll miss you, sorta.....

3. Argentina Girl

Argentina Girl New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    I never expected him to choose Brazil...oh well, good luck!

4. SoccerFreak

SoccerFreak Member

Oct 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Yeah this actually took me by surprise. I was expecting a move to Europe, anywhere in Europe really. I'm curious as to why Brazil. It also makes me wonder if he'll develop to his full potential if he stays in South America.

5. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    Need more details????

IMO, he should've waited for Europe's phone call as it was inevitably going to come but instead he's been sold to the "current" highest bidder!! No offense to soccer in brazil(argentina is just as bad) but the poor kid is going where corruption is rampant and one can be stabbed or murdered on the streets just for having a bad game.

Great Job Macri! I just hope that this deal hits a snag in the last minute as most deals of this calibure do.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=317920&cc=5901

6. FredGavioes

FredGavioes Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Boston/MA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    what the heck are u saying? do u think Brazil is those countries in africa that has no law at all? we never killed a player from playin bad, i think ur confusing with colombia in 1994.

our brazilian championship is organized, but of course it cant be compared to the ones in europe, but it was a very stupid statement to say that "ppl get kill for playin bad" in brazil.

7. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Didn't PSV offer 13 million for only half his transfer fee?

8. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    first of all escobar did not get killed for playing bad. he had some personal issues and when he got killed they said it was because of hi own goal.

9. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    i thaught tevez was going to go to bayern munich

10. Lucas-Inter

Lucas-Inter New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    São Leopoldo, RS
    What are you talking about?

This never happened in Brasil before...

You´ve got a fertile imagination, my friend.

Though I agree he made a stupid decision deciding to play in Brasil (and for Corinthians :eek: )

11. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Is it me or has Tevez made a backwards step?

I just can't understand why he would want to go to Brazil.

I'm not saying the Brasilian Championship is bad, but it is no where near the level of Europe. How is Carlos supposed to better himself as a player?

Surely playing in a tournament like the Champions League and testing himself in the surroundings of better and more prestigous clubs would help?

Imagine if a few seasons ago, Kaka thought, nah I'm going to River Plate - instead he went to Europe and has become a star at Milan. Unless Corinthinans have some type of deal under their sleeves, I'm just competely baffled by this.

:confused:

12. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El presidente de Boca dijo que “no está contento” con la ida del Apache al Corinthians porque “tenía la promesa de que se quedaría hasta junio”. Además, agregó que la ida de “un crack tan joven le genera una sensación de molestia”.

13. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Aren't we all over reacting a bit?

A) He's 20 years of age.

B) Just because he moves to Brasil doesn't mean he isn't ending up in Europe.

Its a good bet he will be in Europe within 12-18 months. If he stayed at Boca for the extra year then moved on at the ripe old age of 21-22, no one would be bent out of shape because he's a still a very young player. Instead he is playing his last year of S.American football with Corinthians...while securing his financial future (5 year $10m contract is nothing to sneeze at). The only thing that can go wrong is if he gets horribly injured, but I have to believe much of his money is guaranteed or he will be smart enough to get an insurance policy.

Plus, he seemed to be mentally exhausted from being Boca's talisman. If this move makes him happier, it may help his football.

Finally, he will spend his last year of S.American football learning and adapting to a new style of play. If he succeeds, it can only help his repertoire and his confidence in moving overseas.

The one negative I see here is for Boca fans...but its short term.

Its a road less travelled, yes. Its not the end of his career prospects if he plays to his potential.

14. Mancityfan81

Mancityfan81 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    New York
    My prediction!: Corinthians win the 2005 Brasilero and the day afterward, Tevez replaces Raul at Real Madrid for 55 million euros.

15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Corinthians fans need to stop celebrating if Tevez doesn't stay for at least 18 months.

Why?

Copa Libertadores. Simple as that. They aren't going to be in next year's tournament and with Tevez joining the team for 2005, they'll need to win either Copa do Brasil or the 2005 Brazilian championship for the 2006 edition.

Tevez is a very talented player; I dare say more than Robinho or Diego, and the only Brazilian of late who can match him is Kaká; but, Kaká did not achieve in SPFC what Tevez won in Boca Juniors.

Speculation is mounting now because the investors who put up the cash to bring Tevez to Brazil are now talking about getting River Plate's Mascherano. There are even rumors that Corinthians will try to seduce former Boca coach Carlos Bianchi. It may be a long shot, but anyone who knows a thing about Bianchi is aware that one thing Bianchi has long said he wanted to do as a professional soccer coach is to coach in Brazil.

If Corinthians get other heavyweight talents to build a team AND a coach of Bianchi's caliber, then the hordes of favelados may after all celebrate the conquest of America. But it won't be easy if all they do is bring Tevez. As good as he is, the current Corinthians squad doesn't compare to the 2003 Boca Juniors team, which had a lot of experience and team chemistry.

With serious reinforcements AND Bianchi as coach (or Vanderlei Luxemburgo; he is also a target of MSI), THEN and ONLY THEN can Carlos Tevez be expected to have an impact on Corinthians comparable to his time in Boca. If not, expect lots of fancy soccer but few titles, no Libertadores, and Tevez playing in UEFA – at the latest, after the 2006 World Cup.

After reading up on this deal today, I was surprised to learn that Carlos Tevez himself wanted to leave. He said that in his country, people do not know how to treat soccer idols and said that in Brazil, at least Pele is taken care of. However true that is or not, Pele is respected in Brazil, but Tevez forgets that in Argentina, Maradona is given far more leeway and idolized more intensely than Pele is.

Perhaps he agreed to a Brazil deal because it's not far from his homeland and because despite considerable differences, Brazil is still a fellow South American culture. The language won't be terribly difficult for him.

But his family? Even though he can afford the finest security money can buy, his folks would be far safer in London, Munich, or Madrid than in Sao Paulo - I question how much safer SP will be for them than Buenos Aires was.

16. Fishy stuff

De acuerdo con Lancenet, la página de Internet del diario brasileño Lance, Kia Joorabchian no sería iraní y su edad también está en duda. El informe anticipa, también, que dos de sus empresas afrontan juicios por estafas.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=878554

17. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont like it, but I doubt he will stay long...if he plays well he'll go to europe quickly...

18. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    i think you cannot go to a better team than boca in south america.if the player is good and promesing why risk it by going to another south american team ,it would of been like sending ronaldinho to boca ,no brazilian would of liked it because they would rather see their player progress. kaka wasnt as famous as tevez and went to milan and look at him now, in my opinion the most talented player on the team.

19. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    You really don't need to say this. :cool:

20. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata

mmm, it's too early to say Tevez is that good. I think he has really been playing worse recently, and I'm afraid he is going the way of so many others that were thought to be the best.

but he is only 20.. let's be patient.. I don't think we should overate him too much.

For now, I look at this as an opportunity to get interested in brazillian soccer league again and learn about it more, now that I'll be keeping an eye on Tevez.

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    who is the really owner of Tevez' move to brazil (bridge to germany or il calccio)?
    who is behind the transfer to corinthinas? do we have a profile of this futbol-crazy dude from iran/italy?

can some one elaborate on the deal?

22. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    It's a London-based group that days before the deal had bought and invested shares in Corinthians. That pretty much made the deal possible for carlitos. The main guy from that group is a close friend of Chelski's millionaire owner Roman Abramovic. That tells you that it could be the bridge to Chelski, but then again it could not.

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    GRACIAS PIBE... queria ver el nombre de Abramovic en el negocio, pues el mes pasado en colombia aparecio un Irani de conecciones y capital hecho en brazil con propuesta de compra para la linea nacional aerea: AVIANCA, que salio hace 10 dias de chapter 11 en las cortes de NY....

thanks for the answer

24. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wasent Cardozo suppose to go to Boca? Wut happened with that?

25. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yesterday, he received an amazing ovation by the xeneize faithful as he left the pitch in his last game for Boca. His last game with Boca was with scoring a goal and being crowned champion of the Sudamericana. Good bye carlitos, we'll miss you!