Adidas Thread [15] - all questions, pictures, boots here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm with you. The low ones are always way too low. It makes me wonder what they are using for lasts because most people with a Germianic foot (prominent Great Toe) have some volume to that toe. My wife would be a perfect example. The other end with a Morton Toe (me) aka long second toe get squashed between sizes and end up with either too tight volume or too loose length.

When you look at most MTM Player Issue boots, they have volume in the toe box that doesn't exist in the retail model of say the synthetic F-50. Think Costa.

Rant withheld on the leather aspect for pros......everyone knows my stance.

TRIXTA805 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  2. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    first that control over the issue of insoles in the other thread, and now withholding another rant about difference in retail boots versus boots for pros. who are you and what have you done with Dr Boots!?

Dr. Boots repped this.
  3. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    I don't understand the low toe boxes either. Most are also too pointed for my feet. For this reason and the lack of protection I've given up even looking at synthetic boots.

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ha....I am turning over a new leaf or I have just gone from curmudgeon/"you damn kids get off my lawn" to plain old and tired.

jessepv repped this.
  5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Actually I think the toe box for the NC is pretty decent and the Instinct was way better than the LZ II. The F50 is too low IMO. I can pull it off with one very thin sock, but it feels "off". The upper is so thin that you get a bit more play than say the LZ which has restriction from the rubber, but again I'll never get the reason for low toes. I just don't.

To be fair, I think adidas makes a better performing shoe than Nike in most silos right now, but Nike's lasting is generally more user friendly/universal, especially in the Vapor when it comes to speed boot toe volume.

6. ZAKI_TEPY_PL

ZAKI_TEPY_PL Member

Nov 16, 2014
  7. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    The last bit is plain wrong. My foot fits most shoes but the Vapor is just far too narrow. Can't even put them on.

tilburysoccer and Jonny98 repped this.
  8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #433 Dr. Boots, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    My opinion that the lasts are better (for my foot shape) isn't "wrong", my foot is just different than yours, obviously. That the Vapor has a higher volume toe box than then F50, that isn't really an arguable point. The Vapor also fits me better than the synthetic F50, also not arguable as it is specific to me.

9. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    :rolleyes:

The Vapor is not a friendly 'fits all' fit. In fact it's the complete opposite. Your experience may be different, but to claim that it's the case universally is completely wrong. Nike specifically make it tighter fitting.

10. Andrew McCole

Andrew McCole Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Usually the phrase "specific to me" is the opposite of claiming it is "universal"...but, I could be wrong...you guys are the experts...

tilburysoccer and JEN14 repped this.
  11. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #436 Dr. Boots, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Well yeah, but I think he is either:

A) Innocently misunderstanding my point.

B) Deliberately twisting my prior statement that Nike in general has a more universal fit (among all their boots) and their Vapor fit is more user friendly than other speed boots around the toe box (due to roundness and volume) by pointing out what we all know to be true (and that I never touched on)....the Vapor is a more narrow boot then any of their others and specifically built on a different last than the X1 lasted boots.

If he is doing the latter, I am not sure why.....possibly because I have just stated that I am no longer arguing (pointlessly) with people on here and he is just trolling/reverting to his old behavior under the guise of more sophistication obtained with age/experience/humility. Regardless, I have no need to destroy him in an argument on these boards. Been there and done that when he was JonIsAnOwl. This is a classic Straw Man argument from him.

12. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    He used the term universal in the initial post I quoted. Not my fault if he's contradicting himself.

Either way it's a daft argument and in the entirely wrong thread.

13. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again, I am not taking the bait......your position that I am arrogant seems to based on the fact that I have generally disagreed with your recent opinions and insight without being arrogant or argumentative and other posters have generally made my opinion out to be more insightful than yours.

Fixed your post, too.

14. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Could we please get back on track guys? If you want to argue take it to Private Messaging, I come here to discuss football/soccer boots, not personal matters. Im no mod, but I do know what we are here for... line is in the sand now, please no more personal stuff/arguing beyond this post.

Anyways, anyone here who own's the 11Pro 3? I've tried them on and am very impressed, however the synthetic strip running down the boot seemed to noticeable on feet. It still seems to confuse me why they had to add that feature... seems so pointless and stupid. It's the only thing stopping me from buying a pair, so if anyone has broken into them let me know how they feel.

15. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've broken in a pair of the 11pro 3 and I must say that I'm impressed. The leather feels really nice, and the strip is not as noticeable as you would think.

Just remember that the leather is pretty thin, and paired with the internal cage, it hasn't quite got that classic leather "oomph" that you would find on say, the Copa Mundial for example.

They're different, but I really like them.

16. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah thats good news. I understand what you mean by that type feel of the leather, but I'm eager to experience it. And that white colour-way is simply bliss, looks brilliant.

17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

I remember SR4U describing them as a leather-ish vapor (due to the thin the leather was that it felt more like aspeed boot). agreeD?

18. Chrisaurus16

Chrisaurus16 New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Singapore
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The leather on them becomes SUPER soft and I'm quite sure the stripe down the middle prevents the boot from over stretching.

19. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Isn't that the point of the internal cage? Kinda seems like adidas are trying to please the crowd with the k leather upper, but doing it on the budget making it super thin with added synthetic and trying to maximise profit. I guess that's he goal...

20. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    It is with every company now sadly. All about profit margins.

In fairness, to me adidas are less guilty of it than others, but the quality of each line is slowly reducing with each new generation.

21. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    To be fair it's probably always been the case, all about the money, which I don't really blame them for; it is a business. But there has got to be a line between making a profit and being seriously greedy. They obviously make more than enough to keep going, but as they try make more money the quality of materials and build seem to keep going down. And rather than keep it simple and fix it up they seem to make it hard for themselves. Gone are the days they used to make a high quality product for a reasonable profit, they are making poor quality product (comparatively, imo) for maximum product.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  22. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Just look at apple! And how much money they make compared to their expenditure. Crazy!

Still. Yes. I miss the good old days when I was a young teenager. Wish I could still wear most of my boots.

Miss the adipowers a lot too!

Alex57910 repped this.
  23. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really enjoy mine as well. The cage breaks in really nice and I do not notice the strip at all. Keep in mind I do double sock.

24. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think it's more about giving consumers a point of difference than it is to cut overheads.

We've had four adiPures and three 11pros - adidas has to offer something new on each model: something visually distinctive and has a good 'story' to tell along with it. That's what the support cage is for this generation.

Same as the memory foam padding, 360 support saddle, old-school stitching, synthetic midfoot, and wraparound tongue were for every new adiPure/11pro going back to the original (In reverse order).

adidas probably spent vast amounts money on researching, development and prototyping the support cage - if they wanted to cut expenditure then they would probably just go with an all K-Leather upper, with a proven construction and stitching pattern.

But then, what reason would have for people to buy the Copa Mundial?

kelani9, derbyyank13 and JEN14 repped this.
  25. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I couldn't say. My feet are quite wide which makes it hard to fit them into most speed boots, at least comfortably, therefore I've never played in a pair of Vapors.