Adidas Thread [14] - Please post all pictures, info, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    If only there was a uni degree in boots?

2. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's the dream

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was given a special limited edition book by Unisport in the summer containing all the equipment leading upto the world cup. That felt like like my degree! - and if there was an actually degree we would all be getting firsts!

appleCORR

JayMike-DK and Dr. Boots repped this.
  4. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How I wish this could be real life

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The book was put together so well - it was a joy to read - even though its massive!

appleCORR

JayMike-DK repped this.
  6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They sent me one as well, it was a very nice gesture and a wonderful book.

mretrum and JayMike-DK repped this.
  7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was really surprised to get one - it's like a football geeks book of dreams! LOL.

appleCORR

Oli Coultas repped this.
  8. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Okay I'm really jealous now you two can stop it

9. DADAMS93

DADAMS93 New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I myself am extremely interested in boots and I have been for as long as I can remember. I care about the fit, weight, material, comfort etc. I just find the over-marketed, over-branded stuff that nike and adidas churn out a bit tiresome. Things like boots for position/play style and how they monopolise the elite players when mizuno and pantofolo d'oro create products that are just as good if not better.

I respect Nike and Adidas for the boots they've created, i've worn predators from precession to adipower and vapors from I to VIII as well as many F50s, Tiempos, T90s etc, I just don't think they need my help in advertising their brand, so I like to keep logos discrete when I order from miadidas or nikeID. I hoped that I would be entitled to my opinion.

jayc23 repped this.
  10. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I agree with you dadams. Only wear black boots, and when I do I usually black out the logos. I got the last f50s in black with white stripes and took a sharpie to the stripes. My best friend asked why I would spend 200$ and then hack them up.
    He was then appalled when I got some gold vapors on eBay for cheap and then dyed them black.
    I just love the sleek look.

I've been wearing the black superflys and just sharpies the logos and think it looks fantastic.

I'm all for taking pride in your boots, but for me too often your boots are a status symbol. I like to put a shift in and do a job so id rather be judged on my performance than on my boots. I also don't like drawing attention to myself.

kelani9 repped this.
  11. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'd say it's no big deal and you wear whatever you want due to your own personal opinions and views. It's your feet, and at the end of the day, its your choice... so who really cares?

b0sk1 repped this.
  12. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Clearly.

13. Jonny98

Jonny98 Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Southampton
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Doesn't wearing superflys draw attention to yourself anyway? Anyway, Each to their own...

14. Daniel camarena

Daniel camarena New Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    I also own just black boots. Adipower blackouts and instict blackouts. I think blackouts get more attention than colored boots. People always ask me or try to figure out what they are

appleCORR7 repped this.
  15. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Well I guess that's true. People typically don't notice the superflysnas they blend into my black socks, but for some reason whenever I wear my blackout instincts people spend alot of time trying to figure out what they are.

But I still think it draws less attention than something in a bright color or pattern.

To each his own though, if your happy with what's on your feet then you've won half the battle

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lets get back on topic please people ... all things Adidas no matter what colour upper it has!

appleCORR

17. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hey guys long time no see!

I heard adidas released a k-leather pack??

As you can see it brought me back from the dead.

So how good are they? I remember the "leather" on the adizeros was pretty poor.

18. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I haven't heard anything good about the K-leather pack yet. The leather on the first two leather Adizeros is much better than the leather of the Adipower, 11pro and Copa IMO.

19. davidas

davidas Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I share this opinion.

Had second gen leather f50's and now new 11pros. The leather seems to be much thinner and not as durable feeling as the older f50.

I just played 1 game on my 11pros and i chose for the AG version. But after that 1 game is see some white spots on where the skeleton frame is.

Does anyone know if the leather rips over the skeleton frame, it will be fully covered by the warranty?

20. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have to think so. Any pics? I haven't worn mine yet so I can't comment on my experience. I'll probably take them out for a jogging session tomorrow.

21. davidas

davidas Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I just greased them in for the winter break, hoping it will loosen the leather a little bit and hoping it was nothing.

As for the warranty guidelines that always comes with the purchase, it says that using a FG or SG on AG will drop the possibility for warranty claims. But how on earth is wearing a FG or SG soleplate on AG so much of a difference to the upper material?

22. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Artificial Turf/3G is a lot more abrasive than natural playing surfaces, it'll separate the toe from the sole a lot easier too.

23. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The leather on my K-Leather Instincts is extremely nice. Very soft to the touch and they are also very comfortable. I haven't played in them yet as I haven't decided whether to sell them yet or not.

24. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry for the double post. I was at the adidas outlet over the weekend and spotted these. I didn't even know these were out yet?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

b0sk1 repped this.
  25. Jonny98

Jonny98 Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Southampton
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Did they have the f50 as well?