Adidas Thread [12] - Post info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha, I went over the other EVENING to practice free kicks in the goals. It is nice to see. I always get a worn glow inside when I see a kid rocking WCs though! I feel kids are missing out not knowing about the beauty of that boot.

appleCORR

2. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

whatever you say ;)

You mention practicing free kicks, the last time i was training I don't remember doing that, sunday leagues version of practicing free kicks? hit and hope.

and yet when i played saturday league we had the moveable wall and practiced for well over an hour. Though I never did so well as i didn't wear predators:(

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Predators make all the difference!

Sometimes you just have to train on your own. I'm more about aiming for certain parts on the cross bar if i don't have the movable wall we have at training. I know you are going to be going on because I've mentioned kids but its nice to see the junior game thriving - their must have been about 8 teams training over there. It's good to see.

appleCORR

vanjory repped this.
  4. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Actually, I'm going to agree with you!

My old saturday team had a huge age range, and it was good to see all the ages training before we trained.

There is also an Wyrley Juniors which get a lot attention and have one of if not the biggest age ranges in the west midlands prob? I know they have alot of kids go on to walsall and they are always getting awards from the FA for there child development

5. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    I like the new design of this MiCoach in comparison to the existing one, looks more refreshing even if it's just adding more black into it and revamping up the design and the shape. However, that said, I would have to agree with most of you that Adidas has to lower the price for this as average players or non-pro players would not be willing to pay a hefty fee for that one piece of gadget that tracks all your records. The existing MiCoach chip sells for SGD118 (roughly 93USD) where I live when you buy both the 'thumbdrive' for the pc/iphone AND the chip for the boot, its so ridiculous. At the end of the day, like some of you said, its a gimmick. But there ARE people or players who would eventually buy them because they want to see where their fitness stands, just that its maybe a only a handful.

I still have my unused and mint condition of my f50s sitting in the shoe box still and nope, I do not own the exorbitantly-priced MiCoach. If it was priced lower, I would consider but I guess this new one wont fit into the previous or old boots with the MiCoach hole for the chip anyway.

In addition, I have to say that this adidas micoach thing is not the most expensive one YET. Right now, UA or Under Armour's Armour39 has the most expensive heart rate monitor going for USD149. Same concept except that their heart rate chest strap is bulky (more than Polar) it only syncs with their mobile app and does not have a pairing chip for their boots.

6. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed that the LZII seems to really be struggling. Maybe its because its not marketed to a certain type of player? As stupid as it may be, that is important these days. Who does adidas want wearing the LZ? I don't even know the answer to that question. I would say the NC is a more direct competitor to the CTR despite not being quite in the same category. They are both marketed towards those in the middle of the pitch. The LZ isn't really marketed at anyone in particular.

digby novascotia repped this.
  7. digby novascotia

Aug 27, 2006
    I definitely agree with you there, even with the release of the lz2 there was no marketing at all for it. The pred was one of the more iconic boots for me growing up because of the players that were wearing them. zidane, beckham were both huge players around that time and since there drop off adidas never really picked up anyone to fill in the void. But at the same time adidas has lots of huge names that they are not taking advantage of , RVP, Ozil, Mueller, Mata the list can go on. The players the used for the nitrocharge are ok to say the least yes they fit well with the boots target market but my concern would be what young player watches martinez and de rossi and says "I want to play like him" or "i want his boots" very few Im sure. You need to have that big player that everyones eyes are on if adidas could've gotten Bale into another boot it would've been pure genius. They really need to take advantage of the players the have or it will hurt them in the long run.

8. digby novascotia

Aug 27, 2006
    Sorry for the Double post but just remembering how great some of the adidas commercials were I loved this one, they used to have tons of good ones, what happened adidas

9. Space bar

Space bar Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    I just saw Rvps boots!! Don't have pics but check adidas soccer twitter!!

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Adidas adverts used to be great - the one where they all turned up on scooters, then there was the footballitis one for the manias. Brilliant adverts and now they do nothing at all. Which doesn't make sense because adidas must be making more money with the amount of boots they are releasing at the moment.

appleCORR

11. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    RVPs boots everywhere on twitter. There's no way they can call that an f50 l0l

appleCORR7 repped this.
  12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm surprised that Adidas haven't tried to remove the pictures from twitter to be honest. I'm surprised they haven't got in touch with SB to complain. Adidas have been desperate to get RVP in a current model of boots and he's obviously just told them what he wants and told them they can disguise them as whatever boot they want (im surprised that he hasn't given the NC a pain job as they are most like the adipowers) But Decency is right. There is no way those are F50s - lol if they were i think more people would be wearing them though!!

appleCORR

13. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It's clear most of the silos from adidas and nike lack quality and you can tell by the amount of players asking for modifications. I don't understand why they don't take these opinions and try use them to make a silo based on just build quality and comfort because in the end along with traction and decent aesthetics that's all we really need.

loecloec and ghost_striker repped this.
  14. DoyleyBD08

DoyleyBD08 Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I noticed the laces on World Cup's are very long. Is it best to tie them so the laces pass below the sole plate?

15. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I put adiNova 2 laces on it...

16. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Either wrap them around, or change the laces or cut them shorter and burn the ends off

17. DoyleyBD08

DoyleyBD08 Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Thanks! Have any of you tied laces beneath the boot before? Any disadvantages to it?

18. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Practiced in these yesterday, picked them up for a game today and this happened. Not even a month of use. Disappointed because I really like these.
    [​IMG]

19. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a common thing that happens with the FG soleplate adidas is putting out, I'm guessing you were using these on artificial grass?

20. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RVP's F50/adipowers are up on adidas football's official twitter page as well. I guess it's like Beckhams last boots, just letting the fans have a peek at what we can't have.

21. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Used them on turf only a few times, this happened after using them on grass actually.

22. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    it doesn't matter where you used them they still will replace or refund bro

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No disadvantage to tying your laces under your boots - the only thing that used to bug me about it was the fact that your laces get filthy and caked in mud, but it won't ruin your game or anything like that. It's tying your laces around your ankle you want to avoid.

If i were you id do what's already been suggested and cut the laces then burn the end with a lighter. It will make the lace melt a little and you can push the side together to stop the lace from fraying. The only downside to this is you can't take those laces out as it doesn't have the plastic feeder part on the end anymore.

As for the missing stud - Adidas are sure to refund you for that. Just get in touch with them. I guess i've been lucky with my boots considering i wear them on turf, i have however seen a number of adidas studs like that on the pitches but looking at them, they just look like they are from the cheaper boots.

appleCORR

24. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Yea I spoke to a friend who works at an Adidas store and he said that he has seen some f50s like that past few weeks.

I got myself some AdiPowers in the slime/indigo colorway today for $100 as I had no shoes for practice. Wore them and liking them so far..except I am not really into the colorway, bit too bright for me haha

25. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Just let RVP design Adidas boots. Good trusted components in a compact package. Classic case of players prefering quality and manufacturers making something totally different for retail.