Adidas Thread [12] - Post info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know im gutted! I think i jinxed it by asking about the release date a few pages back.
    They look okay though in the photos but would have liked to have seen then in person before buying :(

Those adipro's would have looked better with gold stripes rather than black again.

2. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    More from PDS
    62157.jpg
    62158.jpg
    62228.jpg

rooster repped this.
  3. Dougba Ba

Dougba Ba New Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a big Adidas fan, and am looking to spend between $70-$100 on a pair of boots. Is there a best option?

4. Elbullio

Elbullio Member

Dec 24, 2010
    I would advise you to buy a pair of original Predator LZ 1's. Very good durability and an excellent all round boot. Good comfort, also.

Lots of good offers on them lying around the web: soccer.com, PDS, etc.

They fit true to size.

5. Michaelich

Michaelich New Member

May 11, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    white out adizero:) shut up and take my money

6. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    So Adidas also listened to you all out there who hoped for a black out boot and made your wish come true. Black out Adipures on PDS.

7. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The green NCs are disgusting.

8. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow
    Has anyone seen the newly released white/red/black LZ2 on sale on any UK based website other than PDS?

9. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No there a pds exclusive. Which is crap. Not even on the adidas site. I am not paying £159 for them when i can get a mi adidas pair for £175. Whiteouts.

rooster repped this.
  10. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003

Disgustingly awesome? I love them haha.

11. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow

That's rubbish. I saw them in a Adidas shop last week and was hoping the online Adidas store would stock them - at least you can get a 15% discount from them!

Have to hunt on Ebay then...

rooster repped this.
  12. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003

Greaves sports in Glasgow usually get the same exclusives as PDS in their Gordon Street store.

Just checked their online store... http://www.greavessports.com/adidas-predator-lz-trx-firm-ground-pre-order-mens-p175432 £160 though...

AHCL20 repped this.
  13. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I never though I'd see the day a The Rangers fan would like something green. I guess it's also a surprise I love blue boots? :p

14. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003

Ah, I'm not some bitter neanderthal! There is a guy in my team that refused to use green shower gel after a game. Some folk take it too far haha.

15. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Most of the rangers and celtic fans where I live are bitter little cretins but there are also a lot of normal people who hate all the bitterness. Personally I prefer the celts but just because their green also!

Now, back to Adidas. The bunch of robbing b*****s. Who on earth told them that it was acceptable to charge £94.99 for a take down model. Nike and Adidas really have this market sewn right up because their products have been getting progressively worse over the last 5/6 years and yet they think they can get away with increasing the prices over 85% over the last 5 years.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...Cleats-Running-WhiteBlackHiRes-Red-62094.aspx

16. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow
  17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I actually think that the white colourway would be more popular than the black/green LZ2 so i think that Adidas should have made the black colourway a PDS exclusive because they would have sold more of the white boots.

I'm waiting for my white LZs to come. But i'm lucky enough to get boots off Adidas. I agree, if you are going to spend £160 on a pair of general release boots, then i'd spend the extra money and get some miadidas they seem a bit better made. But you have to allow for about £10 postage too!

appleCORR

18. glmg25

glmg25 New Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    £159.99 for those green Nitrocharges because they're exclusive to PDS? Is that really my only option for that colourway in the UK? Yeesh.

19. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    rooster Decency
    Sadly, every team has some bigoted supporters. Hibs fans (in general) are pretty good (they need to be louder when they sing/chant though - when you guys beat us 1-0 at Easter Road, Celtic supporters were still singing louder :p ). The majority of Gers fans are fine too. I don't completely agree with some Tic supporters either (my opinion's divided over songs like "Boys of the Old Brigade", etc.).

But those green NCs look awful. The neon yellow doesn't go well with it (orange would have been better), and either black or white stripes on the side (chrome doesn't look good w/ green).

rooster repped this.
  20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    PDS seem to be getting a lot of colourways that are supposed to be 'exclusive' but they aren't stating that. Which is odd considering they used too. It is a great colourway, im sure if you give it a month or two they will have dropped in price. Yes PDS do have a great range of boots but i dont see how they can compete when stores like Sports Direct sell the same boot for £115 obviously when its not an exclusive!

appleCORR

21. Biaggi99

Biaggi99 New Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hi what do u all think. Should i get the adipure 11pro (not the 11pro II) or the new nitrocharge? which is better? I play as a central and sometimes attck midfield. Thanks

22. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  23. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    try both on which ever you find comfortable buy those, if they both feel comfortable to you, get which one you like the look of best.

24. Biaggi99

Biaggi99 New Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ooh okay. And how do i clean adipure 11pro since it use a leather. And how do i take care of them? So i still get soft leather. I train 3 times a week (mon,wednsday,fri) and have a game every saturday? Thx

25. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Significantly lower overheads as an online company compared to a high street retailer who've got a presence in almost every town. They probably only need to sell half of what SD do to make a profit.