Adidas Thread [12] - Post info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    appleCORR7
    [​IMG]

Think the yellow looks like theres too much going on..

Dr. Boots repped this.
  2. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At least on the next adizero model you can tell if someone's wearing leather or synthetic.... Looking at you messi.

It will be interesting to see if adidas try and sell the public a synthetic version of the messi boots while he wears the leather as per usual as they won't be able to hide it now

3. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Looks like adidas are skimping out on the leather again, this gen adizero has loads of leather on the boot! and now they are going back to the toe area again?

bad decision

4. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually like the smaller portion of leather. I like the locked in feeling of the synthetic mid foot, and to me the leather toe area is more for protection than anything. For me, if I'm going for a full, "real" leather boot, it wouldn't be an adizero anyways.

5. kick96

kick96 Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I agree, they make them look a bit gaudy. And damn are they some wide feet boy

6. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yeah, the picture makes them look really wide =s
    the laces aren't pulled tight either, so they look even wider aha

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Keep the blue the yellow looks crap & will be hard to clean!

appleCORR

Dr. Boots repped this.
  8. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good - now do as you're told!

Let us know what you think about them, i wasn't overly impressed so you will have to let us know what you think when you've played in them.

Now go tidy your room!

appleCORR

10. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, i have training tomorrow, so you will find out soon

i need to hoover tbh aha

11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    has anyone tried both the LZs and the LZ2's? contemplating between getting either or the Hypervenoms but wondering if its worth it to get teh LZ2's when i could get a better deal with the LZ's. I have fairly wide feet though.

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've worn both - both a really good boots, people say that the upper is thinner on the 2s but im not so sure i think its more to do with the predator elements being flatter on the boot. If you can get the LZ1 for a decent price i think you will be happy with those, if their isn't much between the two pairs money wise, get the LZ2s.

What i will say, is if you get the LZ1 give them a chance, they do take a few wears to break in and mould to your foot. But once they do they are a really nice boot, the rubber fins also soften and mould to your foot.

Either boot is nice - just depends on how much you want to spend.

appleCORR

13. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    so been to preseason training, and the nitrocharge really made me run loads and keep on running, I was dead at one point but my legs just kept on going, people were telling me to stop running but i just couldn't and they wouldn't believe me it was the boots, and then i ran all the way home, even though i was exhausted and my brain wasn't doing anything either, but the boots just kept on running.

Zizou15, gusgorman, Footballer-7 and 6 others repped this.
  14. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    I'm on the same page with you. I hate it when the new boots are so expensive its so ridiculous and to me, I only purchase it when they get cheaper (but of course in the lower take down models due to my small feet). There are a number of locals in where I stay who are always eager to buy models each time this big retail store (who sells Nike, Adidas, Puma, Lotto soccer boots) brings in a new model, its so ridiculous. I guess they just don't know what to do with the excess cash or they just want to be one of those with the latest boots.

15. kick96

kick96 Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I heard a man in a wheel chair put a pair on, he hasn't stopped running since

vanjory and chivamex10 repped this.
  16. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  17. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was that man, from all the running,i cant take them off, as i keep on going.

18. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Engine.

jayc23 and Mercurial4991 repped this.
  19. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Please donate! Lets put an end to this nitrocharged madness!
    www.HelpStopDavid.org

Zizou15, b0sk1, David89 and 2 others repped this.
  20. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have since stopped, the boots were shot with tranquillisers and are now in a nitro charge reserve.

In all seriousness, they are very comfortable boots, We trained for 2 hours in the heat, and I had no issues at all, at first the energy sling was very snug, but after a while it just accommodated to my foot shape while keep it snug. The hybrid touch broke in nicely, very nice to pass the ball in, touch. I hit the ball low on my laces pretty much on the energysling to see what would happen and got a nice ping off it, obviously your foot is nicely locked in place so it gives you the confidence to put your foot through the ball.

The energy pulse part, well.. I can't really comment on it, it was a hot day and running full sprint was just stupid, so i stuck to light jogging, in my hand the sole where the pulse is was firm, on foot I didn't notice anything. I actually like a firmer sole like what you would expect from a carbon sole but these didn't really offer that feeling, but again I didn't really sprint.

if anyone has any questions ask away..

Bolivianfuego and b0sk1 repped this.
  21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For whoever was asking - the White/Black/Red LZ2 colourway is no avaliable on PDS there was no pre-order on the boots, but have been released today, 1st July as stated in all the Adidas catalogues we've seen, Not sure which catalogue Gunt had which said December, but they are definately out in the UK today.

appleCORR

Precision Player repped this.
  22. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wouldn't bank on them going to an outlet - with 2 new colours due out in September you will probably see them dropping in price. I'm not sure how much by, but they will have to knock something off a 'dated' colourway.

I've only seen them on PDS didn't realise they were an exlusive!

appleCORR

24. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Adidas Adipure and Predator new released colorway on PDS (UK):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

All colorways look really good in the photos now and if only I could own a pair each lol (in my dreams).

25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Love the colours on the SL - Shame the upper of the boot is so poor in the flesh though. They should have released that colourway on the general model, instead of the black/white/green (awful)

appleCORR